AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they headed West to avoid the LEOs (which leads me to believe premeditation.)

I am also thinking this was premeditated. Imo the perpetrator brought a gun to the home. There has not been anything said about the parents owning a gun. The press conference confirmed no gun in home. So adding that up we have a person or persons who arrived with a gun, likely late at night, likely with intention to use the gun. All moo.

New GPS smartphones do show location within a few meters. That’s from a dispatcher in MD. I don’t know if that county has enhanced systems.

From the county website:

Barron County has an enhanced 911 system. What this means is that as soon as you have dialed 911 on your phone, we will get the call. There is no way to cancel the call from your phone. If you hang up, we still get the name of the person, the address, phone number and responder information for the location that the phone line is associated with. If you do hang up we will call back and try and get as much information about what is going on as possible.

Thanks again for the presser updates! I just finished watching the presser myself and these things stuck out to me:

Sheriff confirmed both parents were shot.
He believes Jayme was home at the time, partly from the 911 call and partly from the investigation.
He doesn't know if the attack was random or targeted.
There haven't been any other threats in the local area that would mean this was a random act.

Also, the sheriff's own words clarified to me his comment I saw on a reporter's tweet about Jayme being 100% alive. That's not quite what he said, rather it was in answer to a reporter's question asking if the operation was still about searching for an alive Jayme. Sheriff responded "100%... 100% we want to bring Jayme home and put that smile back in her family's hands."

The Minneapolis ME just finished the autopsies and officially declared the deaths as homicide. I think that's all this means - that the paperwork is in.

I'm still mulling this info over but right now IMO LE does have more than we think. And with the confirmation that both parents were shot it swings me back to this being more of a cold-blooded kill, meaning the parents were obstacles and not the targets. JMOO.

From the county website:

Barron County has an enhanced 911 system. What this means is that as soon as you have dialed 911 on your phone, we will get the call. There is no way to cancel the call from your phone. If you hang up, we still get the name of the person, the address, phone number and responder information for the location that the phone line is associated with. If you do hang up we will call back and try and get as much information about what is going on as possible.

does this apply to landlines or cell phones? It is not clear. And this has been a recent issue in some areas. Thank you for sharing it nonetheless.

In case anyone missed the PC:
He stated that it took deputies less than four minutes to reach the home after the 911 call ended.

Fitzgerald said they don’t know if it was a random or targeted attack. He stated that that was why it was important that people keep bringing tips to authorities so they can answer that question.
He emphasized that people should use the tip line at 1-855-744-3879 if they have any information regarding the case.
WXOW.com and WXOW’s Facebook page will carry the news conference.
WATCH : 4 p.m. Wednesday update on missing teen/parents death investigation

They have headlights.

Thanks. So noticeable if someone was awake.

Nevertheless, driving through woods unless there is a trail is almost impossible. Branches hitting you. Branches on the ground. Impenetrable woods with thick vegetation Trees close together so no way to fit through the space.Depressions in the ground.

Someone earlier wondered if Jayme would have been in her pajamas at that hour of the morning. I know this wouldn't be released to the public but I hope they have had a BFF check her room and see if her backpack or suitcase might be gone and whether her boots and coat are gone or at the house.

Here's my theory on how the timeline could be wrong.

Perhaps it was a neighbor who went to check the Closs residence, only to find the murder scene and no sign of Jayme. In a panic, she tries to call 911. The poor service and the frightening scene could have made an impact on the sound clarity. The 'help' in the call was somebody perhaps saying "Oh my god, we need help" or something else. This is just my theory. They did do audio enhancement, so I don't know why else the call could not be deciphered.

HL News Interview..... I noticed the following on the film shown. LE took the front glass storm door. The wood front door is still there in the film with a whitish drape cloth hanging in front of it. In another shot the wooden front door is shown with a removable wooden pallet blocking the bottom half of the front door with the drape cloth behind it.......Was this a forced invasion entry that damaged the lock area ? Why not take the wooden front door for evidence also ?

Thanks. So noticeable if someone was awake.

Nevertheless, driving through woods unless there is a trail is almost impossible. Branches hitting you. Branches on the ground. Impenetrable woods with thick vegetation Trees close together so no way to fit through the space.Depressions in the ground.

Railroad Tracks! The railroad tracks would be bumpy but a good getaway!

Does anyone know if the responding police dept has their own 911 dispatch center or is there a larger center that covers more towns than just Barron?
The communications center is the Emergency and Non-emergency call center for the entire county. We dispatch all Municipal Police and Sheriff’s Department personnel, including Barron Police, Cameron Police, Chetek Police, Cumberland Police, Rice Lake Police and Turtle Lake Police to incidents in their jurisdictions.

We also dispatch all EMS and Fire calls for the entire county. Local EMS stations are located in Barron, Chetek, Cumberland, Rice Lake and Prairie Farm. Fire departments are located in Almena, Birchwood, Barron, Bear Lake/Haugen, Cameron, Chetek, Cumberland, Dallas, New Auburn, Prairie Farm, Rice Lake, Clayton, Clear Lake, Sand Creek and Turtle Lake.

http://barronsheriff.org/communications/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member