AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsewhere someone said about a 150 feet from their property is the start of the gravel road.

I'm still wondering if Dad was locked out of his house when something was going on, and he tried to shoot the door open, not knowing the perp had a gun of their own?
What I found behind their property, after the railroad tracks, was what looked like a crane. On the other side of that, there is a gravel road that comes to a T. Going right, there is what looks to be a farm with large outbuildings. To the left, more cornfields or fields of some kind. The gravel road is much further than 150 feet from their property.
MOO

they aren't searching near her house. this is east of the home.

The intersection given is the staging spot for the search. I believe they are just loading up the crews there and then driving them to the house for searching purposes. They can't have people descending upon the scene all willy-nilly to search.

IMO, the neighbour who described the time she heard the shots sounded very convincing to me. She was awake when she heard the shots which she said were only seconds apart. I haven’t read a transcript from last night’s show but I think she mentioned her clock was off by a couple of minutes and the time she gave was adjusted accordingly. I think she said she went outside afterwards because she couldn’t sleep but I don’t remember how long after she went outside after hearing the shots? I think she said it was quiet but her dog seemed slightly agitated (going by memory, please correct me if I’m wrong).

It seems to me that the earlier time mentioned by the neighbour makes sense because there was no sign of anyone when LE arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call. If the 911 call was made 20+ minutes after the shots and was made by one of the parents, why would they hang up 45 seconds (?) after placing the call?

Wow. She went outside and nothing. To me that may indicate then that the perp did not go her way.

Are the leaves on the trees there or are a lot of them down?

The neighbor said the shots were in quick succession. This doesn’t necessarily mean that both of them answered the door though.

It’s a small house, he would have located the wife within seconds. She may have shadowed her husband to the door, and made things even easier for the killer.
Or she was sitting in the chair. Didn't LE take a chair?

Perhaps both parents were in the living room, with the mom still sitting in the chair while the dad stood up to investigate a noise or something. If the shots were one right after another, maybe the mom never made it out of the chair.

I have about 5-10 different scenarios in my mind about what happened in that house. Trying out different ideas to see what fits....

jmopinion

If you put in 1268 US 8, Barron WI as the address it puts you right on their house.

Thanks Jethro. Interesting that there are two ways to put the address in resulting in different Google pin drop locations. I was using 13 1/2 Ave based on the sign in front of their house seen in this photo:
5bc5f0f1dde8672ed577aaf1-750-563.jpg

Authorities are searching for a 13-year-old girl after her parents were found dead in the family's Wisconsin home

Ok what can I post without getting in trouble? There has been a photo shared of FBI presence in another location nearby right before call for search volunteers.
If you can link it (via MSM article, MSM journalist tweet/fb post, LE post, etc) you can post it. If it's something posted by a citizen on SM it is off limits.

IMO, the neighbour who described the time she heard the shots sounded very convincing to me. She was awake when she heard the shots which she said were only seconds apart. I haven’t read a transcript from last night’s show but I think she mentioned her clock was off by a couple of minutes and the time she gave was adjusted accordingly. I think she said she went outside afterwards because she couldn’t sleep but I don’t remember how long after she went outside after hearing the shots? I think she said it was quiet but her dog seemed slightly agitated (going by memory, please correct me if I’m wrong).

It seems to me that the earlier time mentioned by the neighbour makes sense because there was no sign of anyone when LE arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call. If the 911 call was made 20+ minutes after the shots and was made by one of the parents, why would they hang up 45 seconds (?) after placing the call?

It could be that the suspects covered her mouth from behind and they hung up the phone.

Or she was sitting in the chair. Didn't LE take a chair?

Perhaps both parents were in the living room, with the mom still sitting in the chair while the dad stood up to investigate a noise or something. If the shots were one right after another, maybe the mom never made it out of the chair.

I have about 5-10 different scenarios in my mind about what happened in that house. Trying out different ideas to see what fits....

jmopinion
Yeah. I think all of us have multiple scenarios that we are entertaining here.

You could make an argument for just about anything at this point.

We sure could use some more information.

Last edited:
Doing the volunteer search is better late than never, but I am wondering why they did not do this kind of thing right away? In the beginning, if recall something stated to the effect of just the opposite.

Doing it right away might have cause the suspect to panic or cause a destruction in evidence.

Unfortunately, when they ask people to search outside, it usually means that they think has passed.

Whoa... that could be relevant to the situation.
Thinking about the woman arrested at a house a half-mile away....perhaps Jayme's house was wrongly targeted? And taking Jayme was a crime of opportunity?
Didn't someone else here (can't find the post now) post before that, when they plugged the Closs' home address into Google maps, it returned `a neighbor's' house . . . Interesting possibility.

At this time, we are requesting the public’s assistance in conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.
Barron County Sheriff's Department
"routine search" - wonder if a tipster led them to this area or surveillance - maybe weapon(s) were thrown out somewhere along the way?

Routine search does not sound right does it. There are miles of land to search. Hope it is based on something

Wow. She went outside and nothing. To me that may indicate then that the perp did not go her way.

Are the leaves on the trees there or are a lot of them down?

I haven’t read a transcript of AB’s show yesterday and I’m just going by memory (not a good thing!). I’m wondering if maybe she went outside before she heard the shots. I assumed she meant afterwards. Has a transcript of last night’s show been posted?

Hmm, catching up so someone may have thought of this already but is it possible the perp went to the wrong house? Meant to go to this possible crime (drugs maybe) house? Prob not but stranger things have happened.

Also - does anyone else mentioned that Jayme resembles Abby a little bit? Google says Barron to Delphi is (491.5 mi) via I-94 E.
I think she resembles both Abby and Libby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova