AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought her photo was on the father's website from work, egads. Another thing that really bothers me is that they were fairly reclusive, and that means to me they should have found everything they needed to know about Jayme by now. And yet she is still unaccounted for.
From an investigative standpoint, this doesn't make any sense. From the dance studio angle, I grew up dancing and we eventually had to hang curtains so men wouldn't stand outside masturbating. It was a disturbing issue, and sometimes they came in to ask questions of my dance teacher but they were looking at us.
I'd also like to know who here closest friends were, where are they and why are her dancing friends silent? For me; the dancing community was a tight-knit one. We knew everything about each other. There are many avenues to explore in this case, and someone knows something. A small tidbit could break this case wide open.
It is the not knowing when a child goes missing that can tear your heart out.
There is a media interview with her best friend, not too much to it, that I linked near the end of thread #2. But you would know who her best friend was at least.

where was this mentioned? i wasn't able to watch the PC yesterday. Not challenging you, I'm just curious because every article I've read has said that at least Joan was woken up by the shot.
The neighbor next door to the Closs family, JS, told Ashleigh Banfield on last night's broadcast that she was awake at the time of the gunshots.
jmo

WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*
Lots of detailed information including links to the press conferences so you can hear what the Sheriff actually says - not what news media is reporting (which is sometimes not accurate IMO)

Websleuths.com - TOS- good to review if you are posting here
The Rules

Thanks.

"12:30 a.m. - Nextdoor neighbors report hearing two high powered gunshots.

12:58 a.m. - Dispatch receives a 911 call from inside the home, which came from a cell phone. Investigators know whose phone it was but are not releasing that information."

28 minutes between the gunshot and 911 dialed? That is a long time to be searching for the girl...If she was hidden, how long was the perp planning on looking for her? Seems he was under the assumption he had all night and the gunshots wouldn't be reported. That's pretty confident. Then disappear with a 13 year old girl...

Need more information.

The keyword here is expectation. Expectation is not certainty.
IMO LE is sending messages to the perp via press conferences and media. They certainly seem to have a good hand on their theory. This will be interesting to watch how it plays out. I have my suspicions, but I've followed enough cases to know I'm wrong a lot. Really interesting case.

Press Release

October 18, 2018

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald would like to thank the community for their continued support and all of the tips we have received in the case of missing & endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs of Barron, Wisconsin.

At this time, we are requesting the public’s assistance in conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.

One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.

Volunteers need to present a valid form of photo identification and be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (hard soled shoes) and clothing are required. Volunteers are asked to provide their own water.

Once we have 100 able-bodied volunteers, we will need to turn additional people away. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts, should we need additional volunteers in the future we will make those requests via social media.

Please do not call in we only need 100 people

Barron County Sheriff's Department
evidentiary value =??

MOO— this was some sort of robbery gone wrong with drugs involved. I think the perp emptied his gun on mom and dad, didn’t know Jayme was there, found her on the phone, realized cops were called, and took her with because he felt he didn’t have time to kill her on site.
He had a gun. Killing another person would take a second.

JMO

MOO— this was some sort of robbery gone wrong with drugs involved. I think the perp emptied his gun on mom and dad, didn’t know Jayme was there, found her on the phone, realized cops were called, and took her with because he felt he didn’t have time to kill her on site.
What makes you think drugs? Any specific reason other than just a guess?

Press Release

October 18, 2018

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald would like to thank the community for their continued support and all of the tips we have received in the case of missing & endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs of Barron, Wisconsin.

At this time, we are requesting the public’s assistance in conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.

One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.

Volunteers need to present a valid form of photo identification and be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (hard soled shoes) and clothing are required. Volunteers are asked to provide their own water.

Once we have 100 able-bodied volunteers, we will need to turn additional people away. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts, should we need additional volunteers in the future we will make those requests via social media.

Please do not call in we only need 100 people

Barron County Sheriff's Department
hmmm...
That makes me less confident that she is ok.
I feel a little sick now.
MOO

It doesn't tell me that. I have no indication Jayme is with someone who cares about her.
I agree. At first I thought this looked like a perp maybe got obsessed with her and abducted her to be with her, maybe with or without her knowledge of such an obsession. But that surely wouldn’t lead to storming the house guns blazing.

The thing is he must have some facts to support his expectation. What this tells me is that he believes that Jayme is with someone that cares about her, not some random psychopath or sexual predator.

They basically said the same thing in the Mollie Tibbetts investigation and they had no facts to support it. She was dead before they even started looking for her. But that's how LE operates -- they assume someone is alive unless they have something concrete that points to the person being dead.

It doesn't tell me that. I have no indication Jayme is with someone who cares about her.
Jayme is with someone who cares about themselves. This could very well mean a sexual predator. Hopefully she is still alive.
If he suspected she was with a sexual predator, why would his expectation be that she was alive? In the vast majority of those types of cases the victim ends up dead very quickly. It is quite evident that he feels she is with somebody that isn't going to harm her.

Thanks.

"12:30 a.m. - Nextdoor neighbors report hearing two high powered gunshots.

12:58 a.m. - Dispatch receives a 911 call from inside the home, which came from a cell phone. Investigators know whose phone it was but are not releasing that information."

28 minutes between the gunshot and 911 dialed? That is a long time to be searching for the girl...If she was hidden, how long was the perp planning on looking for her? Seems he was under the assumption he had all night and the gunshots wouldn't be reported. That's pretty confident. Then disappear with a 13 year old girl...

Need more information.

Latest info indicates call received at 12:53 and the neighbors were awake and heard two shots at 12:31. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova