AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give it up to Sheriff Fitzgerald in this case. Looking at the way he's handled himself with Jayme's case and looking back at other articles about his community involvement in previous events in Barron, he seems like a hometown boy who is a good guy that legitimately cares about doing the right thing for his community.

I read a few articles about him holding town hall meetings and doing outreach about the influx of meth in the area as well as how to spot warning signs of domestic abuse. Their office has kept their FB page pretty up to date and he's given the public at least some info in PC's - unlike the early nothingburgers that we got with cases like Mollie Tibbetts. He seems to realize that we know he can't release all the details and compromise the investigation but gives the public enough to keep Jayme in the spotlight where she should be.

Also commend him for immediately realizing this case was too big for his office to handle and calling in available assistance such as the FBI field office. Like I said, seems like a legit good guy who wants to do right by his community. Really hope he can help bring Jayme home and bring her parents killer to justice.

I know a lot of people are (rightfully) fixated on the door, but is it possible that the door was not open when the LEO arrived and it had to be kicked in? I know that we've heard reports that the father was in the doorway, but I'd love to know if he was blocking the door from closing, or just in the vicinity of the door.

IMO, you make a good point!

And, Welcome to Websleuths!

Last edited:
IKR. I still need to see a picture of it again.
I remember seeing what could be considered blood on the bottom "rung" (if that's the right word? - the bar that goes from one leg to another?) of the chair - either the front or the side. Those chair pictures have been posted many times, but I don't even know how to search for them.

Well...maybe we do. There was a post earlier about this; a quote from a newspaper regarding the police log. I don't have it handy. Anyone? Anyone?
The quote suggested the call came from a phone registered to the mother, however it is quite possible that Jayme's phone was also registered in the mothers name, so it doesn't tell us much.

That's a lot of trees.

It is, yeah. Although the trees have started losing their leaves. Maybe about 50% foliage or so.

barron4.jpg

Catching up but got this thought and jumped to post. 1. Odd timing request for 100 novice volunteer searchers who must bring their ID, (not their proof of 20/20 vision-) . Could the search have been set up to catch the perp returning to scene of crime to "get" what might have gotten thrown out of getaway car or look for what was later found missing? And search set up to trap volunteer ? But a strange request on such an important issue when 100 agents around and it's their job. Tie this in with the strange "Community only" meeting last night. They sure seem to want the locals front and center--twice now--- maybe to look for cuts, bruises etc? Or who don't show up?
I agree. I don't know why but I feel there was something sketchy about the 100 volunteers needed and community only meeting. I hope LE is just throwing perp off. I hope he knows exactly what happened to Jayme.

Another thought, could this have been someone from the parents past, perhaps a relative, that the family was hiding from? They were described as keeping to themselves, staying indoors, sounds like not attracting a lot of attention. Keeping someone employed to keep an eye on Jayme at her age is an extravagance. Maybe someone figured out where they were living? Would also explain why Jayme was quiet on SM, she was kept under tight guard. But if it was family they might have had mercy on Jayme, taking her rather than killing her too.

Just thoughts that came to me driving to work. And it takes a special kind of evil to kill kids, maybe this one just didn't have it in him/her.

I really think its more logical these parents worked long hours and didn't have that much free time.

The free time they did have was most likely spending time supporting Jaymes school activities and spending quality time with their young daughter.

Imo

I remember seeing what could be considered blood on the bottom "rung" (if that's the right word? - the bar that goes from one leg to another?) of the chair - either the front or the side. Those chair pictures have been posted many times, but I don't even know how to search for them.
here is a link to the video
CBS This Morning on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members