AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from the police log: Are these other police units? I thought no one was around at the scene.

ADVISED ___ AND ___ WERE ASKED TO LEAVE AS THEY WERE DRIVING BY MULTIPLE TIMES.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says the ground search won't resume Friday. His office coordinated a ground search Thursday using 100 volunteers to comb fields and ditches, but he says the search turned up nothing of evidentiary value.

Fitzgerald says his office hasn't received any tips that would lead deputies to continue the ground search.

Investigators say they'll outline their plans later Friday.
Searchers find nothing as hunt for missing girl continues

44193205_10102617043326683_630766877139795968_n.jpg

God this is all so sad to look at how normal average people they all look to be.

Full dispatch without needing a subscription to view. Door was kicked in. Phone was Denise's.

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in
Thank you. I'm wondering if Jayme made the call from her Mom's phone. That somehow she was able to get a hold of it. I would imagine that they were all most likely sleeping that time of night and maybe they heard the door was being kicked down. Maybe Jayme got scared and ran and hid in her parents room where most likely the cell phone was at night time. I don't think it's too much a shock that the family doesn't own a gun if they didn't find one. The cops can find out legal gun ownership real fast. Jayme is still young so maybe they didn't want to take the risk of having a gun in the house. You'd have to be a pretty strong person to kick in a door! I'm not seeing a lightweight teen doing that.

For all the naysaying about "local LE," they requested FBI assistance within 30 minutes of declaring JC as a missing child:

[118 - 10/15/2018 03:27:52] ENTERED JLC AS A MISSING JUVENILE.
[115 - 10/15/2018 03:57:47] 321 REQUESTED TO CONTACT AN FBI FIELD AGENT FROM EC.

Temperature in Barron. Can’t see hanging around the house at night

Barron, WI (54812) Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com

Nighttime lows often don't occur until just before dawn. Of course this can be different as fronts move through but in calm weather that would generally be true.

Look at Google Maps

I looked up property records to find where the Smrekars (neighbors) live, and it is in fact the first neighbor west of the Closs home. According to Google Maps, that's around 240 yards away, straight line. You can right click on the map to measure distance and click between the two houses. Or look at my previous post where I attached a picture with the distance measured between the two houses.

Either those reporters are wrong or Google Maps is wrong. I side with Google.

I thought your map showed a line from their house to the neighbor on the east? And it looked like there is a nearer neighbor to the west, so I was wondering about that house -- maybe it's vacant? Or maybe I have the wrong house pegged as theirs? ETA it appears I was looking at the neighbors house and thinking that was the Closses. Never mind this comment!

Sorry if this is already posted, I can’t keep up with this thread during my workdays! I just saw this, the dispatch log.

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

Similarly, in this article it mentions the house being just east of Barron but that seems to be an error? The maps shown here are just west of Barron, not east.

One more thought -- Jayme was athletic, running track, dance classes. Wouldn't it seem likely she wore a fitbit or other fitness tracker? I'm wondering if somehow the news media hubbub about Mollie Tibbett's fitbit turned out to hamper that investigation and that perhaps it's a factor here too but just not being released by LE. If so I hope it's helping them find her soon.

I thought your map showed a line from their house to the neighbor on the east? And it looked like there is a nearer neighbor to the west, so I was wondering about that house -- maybe it's vacant? Or maybe I have the wrong house pegged as theirs?

Seems like there's a discrepancy on Google's end in regards to addresses (street - 13 1/2 vs highway - HWY 8)

Comfort dogs, therapists, and school resource officers were on hand Thursday to assist the Barron County School District following the disappearance of Jayme Closs.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice teamed up with the Wausau Police Department to help students and staff manage trauma and mental health needs.

Officer Nick Stetzer brought his department's therapy dog named Badge.

Officer Stetzer says he's well aware of the healing power of dogs.

"Giving love to people, that's the only thing I can ask for out of badge, just give love to people. Make them feel so much better. There's something about petting a dog, and just seeing the dog and playing fetch with the dog," said Stetzer
Emergency Resources Sent to Barron County School District

Here is a comparison. The first shows the aerial views. Again, I've put a red dot on the road in front of the house.

closs-11a.jpg

And here is the same area as a topo map. I've marked the house location (the actual house rather than the road) with green:

closs-11b.jpg

If you look at the second, you'll note there are some trails in the woods between the house and the railroad. Once you know that, you can barely make them out in the aerial photo. But also notice there are fences back there which likely block the trails. That could be why they're not so visible directly behind the house (access has been cut off at some time in the past).

Thank you. I'm wondering if Jayme made the call from her Mom's phone. That somehow she was able to get a hold of it. I would imagine that they were all most likely sleeping that time of night and maybe they heard the door was being kicked down. Maybe Jayme got scared and ran and hid in her parents room where most likely the cell phone was at night time. I don't think it's too much a shock that the family doesn't own a gun if they didn't find one. The cops can find out legal gun ownership real fast. Jayme is still young so maybe they didn't want to take the risk of having a gun in the house. You'd have to be a pretty strong person to kick in a door! I'm not seeing a lightweight teen doing that.
I have read that James was an avid hunter. Coming from a hunting family/community I don't know of 1 hunter who doesn't own a shot gun. Even I have a shot gun. My thoughts are maybe perp(s) stole the guns. JMO

I'm confused on this wording: 1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.
1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.

We're the cops already there? Who's considered a first responder? I wonder if they first found dad by the front door or close by and later found the mom in the back bedroom. It's just weird why they would consider it a suicide with no obvious weapon if it was a gunshot wound.

115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

How in the world do they know he answered the door? And there are references to the Jennie O plant and what would make them think this was a suicide initially? so many questions.

Perhaps they had some type of security latch or something similar installed on the inside of the door that would have allowed JC (the father) to crack the door open slightly in order to communicate with someone who, for example, had knocked on the door or rang the door bell. If the door had been kicked in per the log, then a latch like that would have been broken, and thus indicating to deputies that the door had been answered. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova