AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the article that I was referring to? I thought he had already passed to but the way they worded it sounded like he wasnt.
"By 1:11 a.m., some five minutes after a wounded James Closs answered the door, according to the log, officers indicated both James and Denise were down and unresponsive."

I think some of the articles are not used to reading dispatch logs. Dispatch will record what officers are calling in to dispatch related to that CFS ("call for service"). It is all recorded on the same log. Here, it looks like it took the officer five minutes to walk through the house and discover that Denise was down and unresponsive as well. The officer would walk carefully and look in each room and closet to ensure no other people (victim or intruder) was in the house.

I’m sure it’s been asked here but I can’t find the answer. What exactly is a family caretaker? Would that be a voluntary support person or one that was put with the family by social services or law enforcement?
The "caretaker" has since been identified as JC's Aunt. I believe the consensus now is "family caretaker" sounded better than "babysitter" of 13 year old. This person is said to be family so I don't believed connected to any outside source but simply someone to drive busy teen to her after school events, track meets, etc. when working parents unavailable. MOO

Actually, during Tibbetts they said 50/50 according to the article.

LE doesn’t state a MP to be possibly deceased unless they have forensic or other reasons/evidence to indicate this or some other strong indicator that a woman is not being held against her will.

(Here is an example:
Longmont police believe Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is dead, have ID'd 'person of interest' )

It is important that we keep the facts here straight and if LE said this I would like to know where I missed this. Which article are you referring to please? Tia.

Last edited:
The "caretaker" has since been identified as JC's Aunt. I believe the consensus now is "family caretaker" sounded better than "babysitter" of 13 year old. This person is said to be family so I don't believed connected to any outside source but simply someone to drive busy teen to her events, etc. when working parents unavailable. MOO
Agreed. I think people were reading too much into the “caretaker” moniker.

To those who think Jayme was the target, I have two questions:

1) Why choose this plan, inevitably the path of most resistance? It doesn’t take much to come up with a plan that likely wouldn’t result in a violent confrontation and double homicide, so why would the assailant(s) choose likely the worst available option?

2) From the moment the front door was breached the assailants were in the house for over 20 minutes, but disappeared with Jayme within four minutes of the 911 call. If abducting Jayme were the objective, why weren’t they gone in 5 minutes or less? It’s not going to take 20+ minutes to round up the kid and leave, especially considering the father was out of the way almost immediately.
Damn good questions Sharon.

But Tricia says that radaronline is now considered as mainstream media....

Dear Everyone,

I've decided to allow Radaronline.com to be used as a mainstream media source. Yes there are times when Radaronline.com is gossipy and wrong. However, they do have great interviews when it comes to true crime. They can find out things that no other source can find. I believe they pay people for their stories so that's probably why.

www.radaronline.com is now considered a usable media source.

I'm closing the thread down for the night because the alerts have been out of control. I have never seen this type of alert frenzy on Websleuths. We are going to have to figure out how to stop everyone from alerting at the same time.

We will open a new thread in the morning.

G'night,

Tricia

I think some of the articles are not used to reading dispatch logs. Dispatch will record what officers are calling in to dispatch related to that CFS ("call for service"). It is all recorded on the same log. Here, it looks like it took the officer five minutes to walk through the house and discover that Denise was down and unresponsive as well. The officer would walk carefully and look in each room and closet to ensure no other people (victim or intruder) was in the house.
This article also mentions possible suicide attempt and him answering the door. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmj4...-of-jayme-closs-disappearance-call-made-from-

I believe you're referring to the "Dispatch Log" and not the same as police report. This report was by the person answering the 911 call, and not the person on the scene witnessing the sight and/or crime scene. This accounts for the confusion, and you should read the more recent media reports linked in the thread.
I did. Thank you though. And yes, the dispatch log is what I was referring to. Someone else on here is asking similar questions right now so I will read replies to those rather than having repeated questions happening back to back. I pray they find her safe.

I am fairly new to WS. I don't know what Tricia means by an alert frenzy. Can someone help?

Personally I think it’s safe to assume that abducting Jayme was not the goal. I think the trigger to her abduction was exactly this, somebody realized a 911 call had been placed and they needed to leave right now.

Why wouldn't he just shoot her point blank and run? He just killed her parents in cold blood without a second thought. This is not a benevolent person. If he didn't have a plan to take her he sure got her out of there fast. JMO.

LE doesn’t state a MP to be possibly deceased unless they have forensic or other reasons/evidence to indicate this or some other strong indicator that a woman is not being held against her will.

(Here is an example:
Longmont police believe Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is dead, have ID'd 'person of interest'

It is important that we keep the facts here straight and if LE said this I would like to know where I missed this. Which article are you referring to please? Tia.
The same article hat quoted the 100% certainty quoted the 50/50 remark.

I am fairly new to WS. I don't know what Tricia means by an alert frenzy. Can someone help?
Yes. People keep hitting the “report” button on posts. Moderators have to respond to each alert, and it takes up valuable time.

When you factor in how many threads they have to deal with, and how few moderators there are, they are sometimes left with no other choice then to close the thread.

Paralleling the discussion on paid info for news outlets....

Have we missed the window of opportunity for a reward bringing in new info?

Might someone be sitting on information just waiting to see if there will be a reward?

Does Crimestoppers give rewards even when one hasn't been announced for a specific case?

Is there a strategic reason they have not announced any rewards that I can't see?

I’m definitely making that comparison. In fact, many of the FBI sources of the Trump leaks went to more gossipy sources. (The Trump administration leaks are definitely not the stuff that Pulitzer Prize writing is made of, at times.). It’s the same that we saw from law enforcement in the JonBenet Ramsey and Cayley Anthony case.

All journalists utilize leaks. We actually had many courses dedicated to them in journalism school. They’re a part of the business. Also, this could have been anyone from an agent or a janitor that overheard a conversation. Not everyone has the same ethics that we all would.
They may have not even be involved in the investigation and just said it to get some money.That's a huge problem when you pay sources which is why I discount the info from that sight unless it is comfirmed by other sources.

They may have not even be involved in the investigation and just said it to get some money.That's a huge problem when you pay sources which is why I discount the info from that sight unless it is comfirmed by other sources.
Exactly. I'd like to know what their vetting process is.

The Sims isn't an online game, it's single player. There is a mobile version (again single player) but it isn't popular. It is possible to play Fortnite on one's phone, but most people play on PC or console. Fortnite isn't a good way to make new friends anyway because of the way the game works, though I suppose you could if you really tried. LE would probably know that sort of thing pretty fast.
Fortnite is a multiplayer game and you can talk to other players via a headset if you play on a PC or console. You can join battles and be invited, or invite friends, and these can be virtual as in you may not know them IRL.

It's possible the perp had come with the intent to have his way with Jayme while at the house. He took off with her because he wasn't finished with whatever evil he was up to, but he had to do something because of the 911 call. The perp could have originally intended on murdering everyone then and there. This would require an extreme level of sadism, and I wouldn't say its as likely as the perp being after the parents. But it's possible the perp was after violence as an ends. JMO on the possibilities.
i think this is a fair possibility

The "caretaker" has since been identified as JC's Aunt. I believe the consensus now is "family caretaker" sounded better than "babysitter" of 13 year old. This person is said to be family so I don't believed connected to any outside source but simply someone to drive busy teen to her after school events, track meets, etc. when working parents unavailable. MOO

I also think there’s confusion created by the wording of “family caretaker.” Whoever initially used the phrase meant that it was a relative who looked after Jayme (and, in fact, it turned out to be her aunt). A caretaker who is an extended family member, a “family caretaker.”

The phrasing, however, makes it sound like a social services person appointed to monitor family dynamics and ensure any vulnerable persons receive adequate care, a caretaker for the family. There’s no indication that’s the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa