AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question-
If we accept that we don’t know when Mr Closs came home, (I don’t think we have confirmed his whereabouts at all) and
If we accept he was deceased in the open doorway when LE arrived (seems logical from the 911 call log) then
Which side of the door was he on when alive? Inside defending, or outside kicking in?
I was thinking outside kicking in until Ocean BE (I think) made the point that the deck outside the door would be more carefully maintained as a crime scene in the photos we have if he’d been outside when shot.
I think we can’t call this until we know, for sure, his activity that Sunday and therefore can’t speculate.
My garbled thought for tonight.
From what we know, it appears that both he and his wife were inside the house when this occurred.

With the door apparently being kicked in, and the father inside, it stands to reason that the perpetrator conducted a home invasion style entry to the house.

A question-
If we accept that we don’t know when Mr Closs came home, (I don’t think we have confirmed his whereabouts at all) and
If we accept he was deceased in the open doorway when LE arrived (seems logical from the 911 call log) then
Which side of the door was he on when alive? Inside defending, or outside kicking in?
I was thinking outside kicking in until Ocean BE (I think) made the point that the deck outside the door would be more carefully maintained as a crime scene in the photos we have if he’d been outside when shot.
I think we can’t call this until we know, for sure, his activity that Sunday and therefore can’t speculate.
My garbled thought for tonight.

That is not a garbled thought at all, and I have wondered the same thing. I tend to think he stumbled across a crime in progress with his family, and got shot, since he was a threat. That may have been the shots the neighbor heard. Will wait to hear more from the investigators and as information is leaked or shared in a formal press conference.

IMO I think it was because the parents are dead and the violence of the crime PLUS how close to state lines Barron is.
Yeah, that may have been the angle they used to get the alert approved.

My point was that a local law enforcement agency wouldn’t be able to pull this off, but a Federal agency certainly can. Which is why it was important to bring them in early on.

Why would he have to kick his own door in? Have authorities said anything about the front door being barricaded?

A question-
If we accept he was deceased in the
Why would he have to kick his own door in? Have authorities said anything about the front door being barricaded?[/QUOTE
Good point, well made.

According to reports, Dad was shot at the front door, Mom was shot while barricaded in the bathroom. If, as reported, Jayme was in the home while all of this violent commotion was going on, then where in the home was she?

If mom did indeed barricade herself in the bathroom as radaronline says, she may have made the call, and then a lot of yelling breaking down the bathroom door. Not sure that is verifiable though, since there have been no reports about the condition of the bathroom door. IMO. I do remember reading here earlier a door was taken from the house.

I do think the image of the investigators taking out the chair is important. I know many of you have looked at that, and thought it could be innocuous. Please consider it was taken out for further analysis, and it did look like cut off strings were on it. Not sure who was restrained there, if anyone at all, but that is a big clue.

Night everyone- hope Jayme is found alive. It definitely is a possibility if she was the target.

Have we discussed this quote from her family? (Cousin's name changed to initials by me)
SC said she wishes she were the one endangered, not her cousin Jayme. S wrote an open letter to Jayme on Facebook.
"I'm going thru our family pictures, worrying sick about you :( wishing we could trade places just to get you home and out of harms way," SC posted.
In her post, S reminded her cousin that her family -- including her slain parents -- love her dearly.
"Grandpa Jim (James) Closs, your Momma Bear, Denise Closs and your very own night [in] shinning armor, your Daddyo Jim JR Closs ... love all of you!" SC wrote.
Jayme Closs disappearance: Search for possible evidence along a highway comes up empty. - CNN

Some were posting on the last thread asking why none of her family has spoken to Jayme through the press to tell her they love her and are trying to bring her home, but this shows they are reaching out in their own way. I think it must be very difficult, not knowing if she is alive or dead and not knowing who murdered her parents-- and perhaps wondering if the perp is a danger to the rest of the family. If she is alive, it is unlikely an abductor would let her see her family's messages to her (JMO). But this way, posting on their social media, it get preserved for if she ever comes back (and CNN picked it up so it did make the press). Jayme will know she was loved and not forgotten about if she makes it out of this situation alive. JMO.

one thing that bug me to death, there is no pleas for her safe return, no organized searches, no sense of urgency . Just maybe they do have a clue? or maybe absolutely nothing.
I was thinking about this earlier and it was making me really sad. Family members have talked to the media ABOUT her but usually in these cases a family member will talk TO either the missing person and/or the perp. I find it a bit odd that they haven't done that. I really don't know why that would be...kind of makes me wonder if they do think she's deceased (despite the dubious claim to Radar from the "FBI insider" that they know she's alive). If there was a chance she was alive either by choice/having run away or by being held by the perp, I really can't imagine why someone-anyone-in the family wouldn't talk to her and/or the perp directly via the media. Mollie Tibbetts' dad for example thought she was being held by someone who was infatuated with her and had just gotten in over his head. He went on TV to try to mitigate the situation to the perp like "do the right thing you're just in a little bit of trouble you don't want this to escalate..." nothing like this for Jayme?

According to reports, Dad was shot at the front door, Mom was shot while barricaded in the bathroom. If, as reported, Jayme was in the home while all of this violent commotion was going on, then where in the home was she?
There has been speculation that Denise may have barricaded herself in the bathroom while leaving Jayme in another part of the house. Maybe Jayme was actually with her Mom in the bathroom, and if so it is possible that dispatch heard both of their voices on the 911 call. That would confirm to LE that Jayme was in the house when the murders took place. MOO.

I’ve thought that all along. This was about her.

Yeah, it could really only be two likely scenarios here given the context, IMO:

1) She was the intended target.
2) <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Since LE appears to be indicating "2" is off the table, "1" is probably true.

But if she was hiding, how did the perp or perps find and subdue her in the 4-7 minutes between the 911 call and LE's arrival? That is tough to reconcile. Unless, as another poster said, she was with her mother.

I'm going with the Radar online story that it was a targeted attack, that Jamye was the purpose and she is is 100% alive.

The fact they haven't said it was a kidnapping leads me to believe they know who's responsible.

It has been said Jayme and her mother were inseparable to the point that where other children would be dropped off at a skating rink, movies, her mother would remain there with all the children.

Maybe Jayme resented this control.
Hi ThaiBali, can you please provide the source for the details in the sentence about Jayme and her mother being inseparable? TIA.

I was thinking about this earlier and it was making me really sad. Family members have talked to the media ABOUT her but usually in these cases a family member will talk TO either the missing person and/or the perp. I find it a bit odd that they haven't done that. I really don't know why that would be...kind of makes me wonder if they do think she's deceased (despite the dubious claim to Radar from the "FBI insider" that they know she's alive). If there was a chance she was alive either by choice/having run away or by being held by the perp, I really can't imagine why someone-anyone-in the family wouldn't talk to her and/or the perp directly via the media. Mollie Tibbetts' dad for example thought she was being held by someone who was infatuated with her and had just gotten in over his head. He went on TV to try to mitigate the situation to the perp like "do the right thing you're just in a little bit of trouble you don't want this to escalate..." nothing like this for Jayme?
Both of her parents are dead, which is a stark contrast from most missing person’s cases.

This guy has killed already, and there is no reason to believe that appeals to him would have any effect.

Its hard to even imagine the mindset of these family members. I suppose that it’s entirely possible that they are terrified of becoming targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member