AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The threads on this case move so fast that I haven’t been able to keep us. Sorry if I missed it, but had it been stated on MSM that either or both parents have been married before? Not rumor but MSM?

If this was a second marriage for either or both parents that brings in a number of other people who were acquainted with them: former spouses, former in-laws, possibly friends or acquaintances of the former spouse and themself during the previous marriage.
It's been shown on CCAP that it was both parents' second marriage.

I think what makes the most sense is the attack started before dad got home, and he interrupted. IMO.

Jayme’s grandfather, 72-year-old Robert Naiberg, said nothing seemed amiss at the family gathering that Jayme and her mother attended Sunday afternoon. He said Jayme’s father was at work at the time. James and Denise Closs were longtime employees at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, which has a hatchery and processing plant.

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

I can’t find any reliable news source for the timeline of James Closs’ shifts at the Jennie-O factory, but if he did get off late, and got home near the time of the murders and abduction, it might help understand the motive of the perpetrator better, since the perp may have thought there was just a mom and daughter at home.

If dad did walk up to the busted down door, the perp may have gone into a panic.

To explain the perp’s car, he might have parked away from the house and was stalking. IMO.
But if Dad came home to a kicked in door, wouldn't he call 911, quickly, and then go inside to help?

Well report of gunshots, right?
I don't think the neighbors called so dispatch would not be aware of what they heard yet. I also think the neighbors were asleep by the time the 911 call was made and may have not heard any additional gunshots.

This is pretty accurate. Would you think that people from Barron would regularly go to the La Crosse area?

I wouldn’t see a reason. Everything that a person would go to LaX for, they could go to EC for. If they wanted to go the distance, they would probably just go to the Twin Cities... like Roseville for Rosedale Center, or Bloomington for Mall of America. JMO, though.

I wish we knew more about the father’s work schedule. If it’s possible that he worked until midnight then it would seem connected to the 12:30 attack time. An attacker would know he is home and awake, which indicates him as the target (otherwise why not wait until 3am when everyone in the house and the neighborhood is likely asleep?). It’s possible that he was the only target and the intention was to shoot him from the doorway and then flee. (Example: this just happened in Rochester MN when some cousins shot a man they were angry with when he opened the door to them.) But if mom or Jayme happened to witness it, things get complicated. This could explain the 25 minutes in the house, trying to decide what to do. Imagine someone who only wants to kill as a punishment: had vendetta against dad, punished him, then catches mom with a cell phone and punishes her, but can’t justify to himself hurting Jayme. In this scenario I would really hope she’s still alive somewhere, but it certainly would be risky for the attacker with everyone searching.

Yup. They kept saying Mollie Tibbetts was alive too.
They sure did, and I said the exact same thing about law enforcement “posturing” there.

I believed from day one, that they were looking for a body there.

This crime doesn’t look anything like that one though, so despite the fact that this guy has killed already, I still think there’s an outside chance that Jayme is still alive.

I simply don’t believe that law enforcement is saying that she is alive, because they have knowledge that she is.

I do think that Jayme is likely dead now, but I’m obviously hoping that’s not the case.

Something made the 911 dispatcher think this could be a suicide. They hear a call with yelling. Why a suicide? Was there a shot they heard? I have to believe there was a shot. A lot of yelling could be anything but why would your first thought be suicide? Why would you think a possible fatality self inflicted or not?
And it was odd imo that le thought suicide when he saw James in the doorway. People who commit suicide don't typically do it in the front doorway. So the suicide thing totally confuses me!

Something made the 911 dispatcher think this could be a suicide. They hear a call with yelling. Why a suicide? Was there a shot they heard? I have to believe there was a shot. A lot of yelling could be anything but why would your first thought be suicide? Why would you think a possible fatality self inflicted or not?

The 911 dispatcher classified the call as a 911 hang up. The first officer on the scene called it in as a possible suicide when he saw one deceased person at the door and no other people in the house. When he discovered the second body, he called it in as double homicide.

I think the alternative more plausible theory is this was someone who had legit feelings for her. Maybe an older boyfriend. Or maybe some lonely mislead adult on social media (still wrong) who really just wanted to be with her. But he knows to do that, the parents would have to go. Maybe he even mentioned it to Jayme. Maybe she even just innocently played it off thinking this guy could never find her. Whatever the case may be, I think this was done with a long term gain in mind. I think the perp could (in a delusional state) see a life with her. I think this is what the FBI believes as well and is why the local law enforcement have said again and again they believe she is alive. To sum up, I just can't see this much violence for a few hours or days of having her. Not to mention having to hide or be on the run constantly. There are easier and more quiet ways to do it.

But if Dad came home to a kicked in door, wouldn't he call 911, quickly, and then go inside to help?

I think Jax49 cleared it up for me after I posted. We really don’t know the status of the door during the crime. It may have well been kicked in by the first responders. Sorry for any confusion.

That should probably be information shared at the start of each thread.

From Jax49:

No, he was deceased when LE arrived. The sheriff had made that very clear.

"After more discussion with Fitzgerald on Saturday morning, Fitzgerald said he was not releasing any information about how the door got opened. He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door."

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

I don't think so. A mom? Maybe, but I'm not so sure about that even for a physically weaker person like myself.

A physically strong dad is probably thinking he needs to get to his family before doing anything else to save them or see what's going on.

Fight or flight kicks in and I'm guessing "fight" for most guys with everyone they love most inside.

So the few, or one person who might have legit info won’t tell LE without $? Seems unlikely. Also they would need to know where she could be found...and who could know, if innocent? Jmo
I assumed the op was referring to the unsub(s) waiting for reward money (theory.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty