AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 911 dispatcher classified the call as a 911 hang up. The first officer on the scene called it in as a possible suicide when he saw one deceased person at the door and no other people in the house. When he discovered the second body, he called it in as double homicide.
Still doesn’t make sense. Find the second body then, if suicide was the officer’s first thought, classify as murder-suicide. Why classify initially as possible suicide -

Something made the 911 dispatcher think this could be a suicide. They hear a call with yelling. Why a suicide? Was there a shot they heard? I have to believe there was a shot. A lot of yelling could be anything but why would your first thought be suicide? Why would you think a possible fatality self inflicted or not?
I wondered about that too. I was thinking it might have just been precautionary based on no one talking in 911 call and then not answering a callback (if it even went through and rang). When my local (central Florida) scanner used to be online I would listen and was surprised at how many attempted suicide call outs were made and most of them were saved. If that wasn't common for that area then the call might have ended with a gunshot sound.

I think Jax49 cleared it up for me after I posted. We really don’t know the status of the door during the crime. It may have well been kicked in by the first responders. Sorry for any confusion.

That should probably be information shared at the start of each thread.

From Jax49:

No, he was deceased when LE arrived. The sheriff had made that very clear.

"After more discussion with Fitzgerald on Saturday morning, Fitzgerald said he was not releasing any information about how the door got opened. He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door."

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

Okay, but I still don't believe the facts point to the incident beginning before Dad's arrival. How did the perps get inside? Did Mom open the door late at night when she was alone with her girl?

If there was no evidence of forced entry, how did they enter? Why didn't Mom call 911 earlier if they had been there for awhile already?

I think this is just posturing by law enforcement, and not indicative of any information that she is still alive.

It’s completely standard to publicly state that you believe a kidnap victim to be alive, even if you don’t actually believe that.

This crime doesn’t profile as a kidnapping for ransom. I highly doubt there has been any contact between suspect and law enforcement.
I'm not convinced that they have any assurance that she is alive at all. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the last PC.

Still doesn’t make sense. Find the second body then, if suicide was the officer’s first thought, classify as murder-suicide. Why classify initially as possible suicide -

Because it was one person alone in a room with a gunshot wound. In a small town that doesn't regularly see homicides it would be statistically more likely for it to be a suicide. As soon as the officer searched the house and found a second person, he corrected his initial impression.

Plus Thanksgiving and Christmas are soon, production will be up and extra hours worked.
These are questions that should be able to be checked. Elsewhere I saw people who claimed to be employees saying that they are low on people (many vacant positions) so there's lots of extra shifts available. And that the Sunday 2nd shift time is 3-11.

Just hit me, maybe they knew JC was in the house because the perp was yelling at her using her name. I do believe the parents knew the person which is why they were killed.

I thought the only audible word was “help”, or has that been debunked with only “yelling” being the official word? I can’t remember.

No way. FBI does not wait around if they KNOW anything. Longer she is held, the more danger she is in.
Jmo

I agree with this. The lack of movement is what makes me believe they have very little info. I wish the public knew some of the limited facts at play; even just releasing the 911 call could help. Someone, somewhere could recognize a voice. Often times, things don’t seem odd until you have a reason to suspect.

I'm not convinced that they have any assurance that she is alive at all. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since the last PC.
Completely agree. It’s smart on their part though, as it keeps the focus on Jayme, as the public wants to do everything they can to help bring her back safely.

The media attention and public interest is key in solving a case like this, and a living victim is the best way to continue to garner interest in this case.

Unless their front door was cheap or really old, it’s really hard to kick in exterior doors because they usually have steel in them. How do I know this? I locked myself out of the house, with my phone inside and no neighbors home. I attempted to kick in the door, also tossed myself into it-didn’t even budge.

Also, their door had a glass screen door, which is the one they took, right? So the glass was in place/not broken in the evidence picture. The perp opened the glass door while kicking in the main door? It’s just not that easy to do. Of course, if the door was a junky old rotting piece of wood, that’s a different story. Or, this is a big, strong, guy.

This is a media interpretation of the crime log. It’s entirely possible that the interpretation is wrong.

You’re right though, there does seem to be some contradictory information here.

A pic was posted in this thread that I hadn’t seen before. Zoomed in it does appear the door was kicked in due to damage. But it is still unclear to me whether or not it was the police who kicked it in upon arrival or the unsub(s) who kicked it in, I’m going to say it was the unsub(s).

Agree. We need to update the Facts Sticky that should be posted on the 1st page of each new Jayme Thread here.

Hopefully Tricia will allow that.

Because Nancy Grace facebook Crime Online thing is nice.

But often wrong about things or missing major details or updates.

So radar online could be the same sometimes as well. Jmo

NG posted lurid headline that Dad was alive when police arrived...which I think is def false...
I consider her much like Daily Mail, Radar etc...

Agree. We need to update the Facts Sticky that should be posted on the 1st page of each new Jayme Thread here.

Hopefully Tricia will allow that.

Because Nancy Grace facebook Crime Online thing is nice.

But often wrong about things or missing major details or updates.

So radar online could be the same sometimes as well. Jmo
Hiya everyone- getting ready to start the next thread. I am working on a (warning: massive) post to start off the thread with a bunch of facts, statements from LE, etc. I will include this. Should be ready to move over within the next 20 mins or so.

But if Dad came home to a kicked in door, wouldn't he call 911, quickly, and then go inside to help?
I really want to agree with you on this. But what if he heard scary things inside and panicked. I actually don’t think that happened. But possibly? Keeping an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member