AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very troubling case. <modsnip - not victim friendly> However, police wouldn’t issue an AMBER alert if they believed this was so. All evidence so far from MSM points to a violent murder and abduction. I hope and pray for the best in this situation, that Jayme is okay and is able to tell her story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are LE actively searching with police cars? Advanced search tactics should be used. Drones or thermal cameras with drones could find her if she is in the woods.
Earlier today, the sheriff said they've used drones, infrared, they have searched the area around the home and they've searched the school. They have met with Jayme's friends, are working closely with the middle school she attended, and have reached out to the community to request they share her picture and report any sightings of Jayme. An Amber Alert was issued later in the day.
Agreed .

I was going to ask about the use of SAR dogs. It'd indicate whether she left on foot (dragged away by a perp ?) or car, right ?

Wonder if the FBI will be asked to assist.
And, I mean this with all due respect.... but are the local LE equipped to handle a case of this magnitude ?
TWO dead and one possible kidnapping.... just seems like a lot for one small town police force to be able to cope with , I do mean that respectfully.

If I were the sheriff.... I'd want outside help ! I'd be asking for SAR dogs, infrared or thermal (SAR) night time imaging, etc.
Absolutely.

What if she is being held in someone's hunting stand or outdoor bunker ? :(
The NCMEC and FBI are assisting in the investigation.

Article has been updated with more details:

The sheriff's department says it received a 911 call overnight with one word standing out, "help."

Neighbor JS said she woke to shots close to 1 a.m. on Monday.

JS recalled, “When I heard the first shot it was, "boom!" Then second, “boom!" even bigger, louder.”

JS said in her experience the family mostly kept to themselves but it is still hard to believe such a tragedy could happen so close.

“It's a mother and a father and it's this close to you,” added JS. “It gives you goosebumps and it just makes you sad that this happens.”

Deputies say when they received the call no one on the phone interacted with dispatchers and while yelling was heard Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said it was hard to decipher.

“We could get "help" out of it, we could hearing yelling out of it but not much information,” Fitzgerald explained.

The department says it is now working to get the audio enhanced.
UPDATE: Adults found dead in Barron Co. were parents of missing 13-year-old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879