Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1921
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5'1"
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Speech is slurred. Drags her right leg.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unknown
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Colborne was last seen in Rhinelander, Wisconsin on July 14th, 1977. She is believed to have walked away from County Farm Nursing Home around 5:40 pm and has never been seen or heard from since. Extensive ground and air searches were conducted in the wooded and water areas near the nursing home, but she was never located. Her whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Oneida County Sheriff’s Office: 715-361-5100
  • Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults: 608-266-1671
NamUs #MP77393

https://www.wimissing.org/post/jean...qmE1jD2fJ83xsxZLG04-A3I-BIGHRS1x_P8YC8z9NXvtg
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jane Doe’s skeletal remains were located in Caledonia, WI in May 1982. Estimated age 45-65. Per Namus, “victim may have had arthritis in her neck, lower spine, and left knee. Victim may have walked with a slight gait.”

Jean Colborne was reported missing from a nursing home in July 1977 in Rhinelander, WI. Age 56. Her Namus profile states “she drags right leg”. Also, in Ms. Colborne’s picture, you can see she holds her head at a slightly tilted angle. I think this could be an indication of neck arthritis.

According to Google, the two cities are approximately a 4 hr drive. I’m a nurse at a nursing home and I’ve heard stories of residents wandering away and found many miles away. One was given a ride by a stranger so I think it’s a plausible scenario.

I submitted this UID to the Sheriff department in charge of her case. He replied back that he will look into it. What do you all think?

Jean Colborne was last seen in Rhinelander, Wisconsin on July 14th, 1977.

Jean is a white woman, 5’1”, and 135 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. Her speech is slurred and she drags her right leg.

She is believed to have walked away from County Farm Nursing Home around 5:40pm on July 14th, 1977. Multiple searches, consisting of both manual and air searches were conducted in the wooded and water areas near the nursing home. However, they were not successful in locating Jean.

35529d_afab889183aa43f2aeecfc67b5d4c53f~mv2.jpg

No one has seen or heard from Jean since. Jean was 56 years old when she went missing. She would be 101 years old today.

Jane Doe’s skeletal remains were located in Caledonia, WI in May 1982. Estimated age 45-65. Per Namus, “victim may have had arthritis in her neck, lower spine, and left knee. Victim may have walked with a slight gait.”

Jean Colborne was reported missing from a nursing home in July 1977 in Rhinelander, WI. Age 56. Her Namus profile states “she drags right leg”. Also, in Ms. Colborne’s picture, you can see she holds her head at a slightly tilted angle. I think this could be an indication of neck arthritis.

According to Google, the two cities are approximately a 4 hr drive. I’m a nurse at a nursing home and I’ve heard stories of residents wandering away and found many miles away. One was given a ride by a stranger so I think it’s a plausible scenario.

I submitted this UID to the Sheriff department in charge of her case. He replied back that he will look into it. What do you all think?

I haven’t heard back from the sherrif.

Did you contact the Columbia or Oneida sheriff, @oldmaid ? I’ll try the other one if you let me know

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back