• oneill_judith.jpg
  • oneill_judith2.jpg
O'Neill, circa 1997

• Missing Since06/18/1997
  • Missing FromLake Geneva, Wisconsin
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Age31 years old
  • Height and Weight5'8 - 5'9, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. O'Neill has five-inch scars on both sides of her right knee.
Details of Disappearance
O'Neill was last seen in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin on June 18, 1997. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • New Berlin Police Department 262-782-6640
  • Linn Police Department 262-275-6194
Source Information

There was recently a hearing regarding outstanding warrants Julia had at the time of her disappearance. Here's what I found:

07-16-2020 Hearing Bugenhagen, Paul, Jr. Heederik, Mary
Additional text:
09:40 AM Defendant Julia A Oneill not in court. District Attorney's Office Law Intern appeared for the State of Wisconsin by zoom . State moves to dismiss as defendant is deceased. Court will dismiss action. Court quashes warrant. Any bail monies posted to be returned to poster.

I was just thinking about this case and wondering how they know she's diseased.

This is almost certainly a different person. What possible warrants would still be valid after, at minimum, 20+ years?

The Wisconsin DOJ still thinks she’s missing:

I don't know why I called it warrants; rather, only an open case but it was Julia Ann O’Neill. Her address was the same. The court record even mentioned "the DA moves to dismiss as defendant is diseased." That's why I was wondering how they know that. You're welcome to look it up unless it has been sealed by now.

Also, it's not uncommon for missing persons to have open and closed cases on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access.

There was recently a hearing regarding outstanding warrants Julia had at the time of her disappearance. Here's what I found:

07-16-2020 Hearing Bugenhagen, Paul, Jr. Heederik, Mary
Additional text:
09:40 AM Defendant Julia A Oneill not in court. District Attorney's Office Law Intern appeared for the State of Wisconsin by zoom . State moves to dismiss as defendant is deceased. Court will dismiss action. Court quashes warrant. Any bail monies posted to be returned to poster.

I remember this was a copy and paste from Wisconsin Circuit Court Access, unfortunately, it is no longer available and I didn't take a screenshot of it (I probably would have posted it here). But it was Julia's Lake Geneva address though and the year was 1997 (the year she disappeared). It has to be her because the photo date on NAMUS was the same as the date of the incident on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access. The only picture we have is Julia's booking photo and that appears to be the arrest related to this case. So given Julia was arrested at some point, she would have a record on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access.

We don't know that the authorities don't have some other relevant information that leads them to believe she's diseased, but either way, her body has not been found so the DOJ and NAMUS will keep her case active and she remains a missing person.

Last edited:

It's very sad that there is virtually zero information or details available. I wonder if she has family still around?

It's very sad that there is virtually zero information or details available. I wonder if she has family still around?

I have chatted with the lead detective on the case. I've also reviewed reports. I and a great number of individuals who have investigated this case over the years believe Julia was murdered in retaliation for putting a powerful drug dealer in jail. Her last known contact was with a confidential informant. Julia had just been busted earlier in 1997 with cocaine and was a heavy user. She told her sister she was afraid of going to jail. The man who was sentenced based on Julia's cooperation with authorities after her arrest, as well as several of his associates, are the prime suspects in the case. Through the grapevine, there's been talk that Julia's body was dumped in Lake Michigan. Her parents hired a private investigator. They lived in Florida at the time.

I remember this was a copy and paste from Wisconsin Circuit Court Access, unfortunately, it is no longer available and I didn't take a screenshot of it (I probably would have posted it here). But it was Julia's Lake Geneva address though and the year was 1997 (the year she disappeared). It has to be her because the photo date on NAMUS was the same as the date of the incident on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access. The only picture we have is Julia's booking photo and that appears to be the arrest related to this case. So given Julia was arrested at some point, she would have a record on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access.

We don't know that the authorities don't have some other relevant information that leads them to believe she's diseased, but either way, her body has not been found so the DOJ and NAMUS will keep her case active and she remains a missing per
Just to clarify, she is not diseased, they claim she is DECEASED (dead). We should check remains washing up from Lake Michigan

If they did really dump her in Lake Michigan, she likely will never be found. She's on NAMUS so any UIDs found out of Lake Michigan have likely been excluded.

My idea was to try to befriend the suspects on social media using a fake social media profile and extract information or confession.

I think contacting possible suspects should be left to law enforcement, there’s many ways your evidence would not be admissible and you could screw up or scare them off. We shouldn’t be getting involved in that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back