Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
51849508_10102803431004186_3241801144191680512_n.jpg

51345917_10102803431014166_3112258861755531264_n.jpg

A "badly burned body" was discovered inside a car belonging to a Milwaukee teacher who has been missing since Saturday.

Kathleen Ryan, a teacher at St. Augustine school on Milwaukee's south side, was last seen about noon Saturday in St. Francis, according to her son Zack Ryan.

She had planned to travel to Illinois to meet him and his family, according to a Facebook post.

Authorities responding to a vehicle fire shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday found Ryan's 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupé in the 36500 block of North Route 41 in Warren Township, Illinois, according to the Lake County sheriff's office.

A body was discovered inside the vehicle after the fire was extinguished and authorities were trying to determine its identity Tuesday.

'Badly burned body' found in vehicle belonging to missing Milwaukee teacher

What could have happened??

Family holds hope for missing Milwaukee teacher

More info in this article:

Where had she been? It was around 9hrs since she was last seen in her town and was due at the game around 4:30 and her burning car was extinguished around 10pm. According to this article, the area the car was found would not have been in her route. Hopefully she will be found elsewhere and safe.

The car is quite sporty looking, carjacking perhaps??

Family holds hope for missing Milwaukee teacher

More info in this article:

Where had she been? It was around 9hrs since she was last seen in her town and was due at the game around 4:30 and her burning car was extinguished around 10pm. According to this article, the area the car was found would not have been in her route. Hopefully she will be found elsewhere and safe.

The car is quite sporty looking, carjacking perhaps??

It sounds like the vehicle wasn't in an accident but it had been set on fire.

If there had been an accident I believe it would have been discovered much quicker, and not after she had been burned beyond recognition.

It's impossible to know who could have done this to this poor woman. Many horrible crimes are being committed that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them.

My heart breaks for her family. I can see why they cling to any hope they can muster.

Imo

I wonder whose driveway she was in. Someone she knew or maybe a vacant home? How long was the car there before it burned? How long had it been burning before someone noticed it?

Burned beyond recognition in a place that was not on the route to her destination. Very strange.

This narrows down the address where her car was found.

“Authorities responding to a vehicle fire shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday found Ryan's 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupé in the 36500 block of North Route 41 in Warren Township, Illinois, according to the Lake County sheriff's office.”

Per https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/2780211002

I'm very sorry to hear this. I truly feel it is her in that vehicle. This is such and unusual scenario, isn't it? What could possibly have happened here? Did someone either drug her or murder her, then set her car on fire? Was this a spread out neighborhood that no one noticed a car burning next door or across the street?

I hope I’m doing this correctly. I used Google Earth to find the intersection of U.S. 41 & Stearns School Rd., where MSM says her car was found. The further away photo depicts the intersection & surrounding woodland. The closer up photo illustrates how there are some driveways nearly completely hidden by the trees. (For example, about 1/3 of the way up the closer-in photo, just to the right of the bank of trees to the left.) ***Just an example of driveways near the intersection, not necessarily the one where her burning car was located.***

Attachments

• B09451B7-4F87-49B3-955A-F14F0EE80A6C.jpeg
    B09451B7-4F87-49B3-955A-F14F0EE80A6C.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1E2CD3F1-A485-4F4C-8AFE-C20EB05F369A.jpeg
    1E2CD3F1-A485-4F4C-8AFE-C20EB05F369A.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 78
I'm very sorry to hear this. I truly feel it is her in that vehicle. This is such and unusual scenario, isn't it? What could possibly have happened here? Did someone either drug her or murder her, then set her car on fire? Was this a spread out neighborhood that no one noticed a car burning next door or across the street?

Occam’s Razor would say that the body is likely her...
I have no idea what could have happened. It looks like the area where the car was found is heavily wooded, so maybe the houses are set far back at the end of long driveways? MSM says police responded to a vehicle fire, so this seems to mean someone called it in??

Wow I didn't know a car can burn that hot!

So this was not an accident it seems. Someone set the car on fire in that driveway. Was she carjacked and then days later killed? Doesn't seem likely. Whose property is this?

It will be close to impossible to get satisfying answers from the remains as they are too disintegrated.

How terrifying for the family.

If this was carjacking, why would the perp burn the car?
Why would the perp still have her in the car if the car is what he/she wanted (jacking a car)? Usually, they do not take the victim with them. Burning the car rids of any physical evidence and happens all of the time in mv thefts. Which, this does not really appear to be... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam1420