Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else local catch the news this morning? On TMJ4 they said they were having a memorial today and I believe they said the police have no leads. I can’t find a video clip. Who knows if they are just putting that out there to throw someone off but I hope that’s not true.

From the article linked above:
While the Lake County Coroner is awaiting toxicology and other test results, Covelli said the case is only being described as a death investigation and nothing was being ruled out.

"Essentially, investigators don't want to be narrow-sighted in their investigation or focus on one specific aspect, until evidence and information comes in that starts suggesting one cause or manner or another," he said by phone Monday, "It's certainly a unique investigation, you know, at the end of the day, our office and the detectives that are working this case and everybody working this case is working very hard to do justice for Kathleen and her family."

Interesting that now the incident is being described only as "a death investigation" when in an earlier article an official called it a "homicide" investigation. Also interesting that the investigation is being described as "unique." I would assume that means it doesn't fit with the MO of a gang murder, manslaughter or homocide from a robbery-gone-wrong, a suicide, or the other "usual" causes of unnatural death. MOO.

Interesting that now the incident is being described only as "a death investigation" when in an earlier article an official called it a "homicide" investigation.
Indeed. Good observation.

That rewording may be crucial to understanding how this death is now thought to have taken place.

To me the case being described as a death investigation and that investigators don't want to be narrow-sighted means investigators don't want to treat this death as something other than a homicide, just in case the results of the autopsy (toxicology report) suggest otherwise, but everything at this point is suggesting Kathleen was not the victim of a homicide.

In other words if investigators don't look for evidence now, any evidence that may have been useful might be lost. If the toxicology report or autopsy results come back eight to ten weeks from now and suggest Kathleen was the victim of a homicide, some crucial evidence at that time might never be recovered, such as video footage that may be deleted, text messages that could never be recovered, ect.

JMO

I'm wondering if her remains were in the driver's seat or the passenger side, or the trunk. (Which I'm doubting). Had her seat belt been buckled or was it too destroyed to tell?

1). If there was a perp, where did he put her while driving to this location? Or did he make her drive, disable her at the scene, position her in the car and then torch the car?

2. Or did she pull off the highway because the car was making unusual sounds and then parked in a driveway to perhaps call for help? Did the car explode before she could get out or call someone? Was her phone found nearby?

3. Or did she pull off in a secluded driveway and set the car on fire?

A lot will depend on where she was in the car, if she was seat belted in, if her phone was nearby, where the fire started (could she have set it herself) and was an accelerant used, (if so, what kind and where?) If an accelerant was used, and she set it herself, was there a can nearby?

Just thinking out loud about possibilities.

Very early on, before the car had been connected to belonging to Ms. Ryan, I remember it being reported that a car had been found on fire (at this location, on this date — so, assuming this car) with a body in the backseat. Does anyone else remember this coverage? I can’t find it now.

Very early on, before the car had been connected to belonging to Ms. Ryan, I remember it being reported that a car had been found on fire (at this location, on this date — so, assuming this car) with a body in the backseat. Does anyone else remember this coverage? I can’t find it now.

I remember seeing that mentioned by an individual in a local group but never saw a news source confirming where it was found.

Ot but recently two teen boys were beaten to death after meeting up with ? for a drug deal. They met up by a middle school in my neighborhood, which is a decent suburb in Albuquerque. Their bodies were found about 15 miles away on the mesa (near where the mass grave of 13 women was found some years ago). Now that spot is a place that has been used to dump bodies before, but the place where the were abducted from was just an average neighborhood of family homes. Anyway, point being the crime had two scenes. Which may be the case here...this poor woman, and her family. Jmo
Similar crime nearby to me- very quiet little affluent area. Two teenagers got into a deal for drugs. Dealer shot both in the head and lit their car on fire. It happens in nice areas as well.

I'm wondering if her remains were in the driver's seat or the passenger side, or the trunk. (Which I'm doubting). Had her seat belt been buckled or was it too destroyed to tell?

1). If there was a perp, where did he put her while driving to this location? Or did he make her drive, disable her at the scene, position her in the car and then torch the car?

2. Or did she pull off the highway because the car was making unusual sounds and then parked in a driveway to perhaps call for help? Did the car explode before she could get out or call someone? Was her phone found nearby?

3. Or did she pull off in a secluded driveway and set the car on fire?

A lot will depend on where she was in the car, if she was seat belted in, if her phone was nearby, where the fire started (could she have set it herself) and was an accelerant used, (if so, what kind and where?) If an accelerant was used, and she set it herself, was there a can nearby?

Just thinking out loud about possibilities.
I posted something like #2 earlier. I watched a women have a car issue pull into a parking lot near me and her car went up in minutes. She just made it out. The only thing about the freak accident theory is the timing. She should have been at the game and home hours before the car was found.

This caught my eye. While probably not related, it shows how close this kind of activity happens around Gurnee Mills and Carmel High School. Someone mentioned the neighbrohood of Ingleside before. This residence, where two armed and masked men shot the residents of the home (they were guests) was 20 minutes from both Fatmans's restaurant and Gurnee Mills and also Carmel High school. Nine miles from Gurnee Mills, 10 miles from Carmel High School. It is possible a cold-hearted criminal tried to rob or high jack her and it went bad. Maybe she fought back? Maybe they were high and over-reacted? Maybe she witnessed something? What is very odd is that there are no tips. No one saw anything suspicious. No one saw this car or her?
2 men shot after masked intruders enter home, demand money: Lake County sheriff's police

From the article linked above:
While the Lake County Coroner is awaiting toxicology and other test results, Covelli said the case is only being described as a death investigation and nothing was being ruled out.

"Essentially, investigators don't want to be narrow-sighted in their investigation or focus on one specific aspect, until evidence and information comes in that starts suggesting one cause or manner or another," he said by phone Monday, "It's certainly a unique investigation, you know, at the end of the day, our office and the detectives that are working this case and everybody working this case is working very hard to do justice for Kathleen and her family."

bbm. I think this speaks miles.

I doubt a crazy gang member would have the ability to fake another manner of death in such short time and completely fool LE.

I posted something like #2 earlier. I watched a women have a car issue pull into a parking lot near me and her car went up in minutes. She just made it out. The only thing about the freak accident theory is the timing. She should have been at the game and home hours before the car was found.
But do we know when the car blew up? It could have been earlier and the burned out car sat there for awhile.

But do we know when the car blew up? It could have been earlier and the burned out car sat there for awhile.
She was supposed to be at a game earlier in the afternoon and the car wasn't found until around 10:00pm. I don't think a car could burn that long unnoticed. Unless I have the timing wrong on this.

The other thing to consider is that it’s been stated a few times by family members that this wasn’t a typical route for her so even if she was having car troubles, why pull over to a secluded neighborhood and why was she in that neighborhood/route at all?

The other thing to consider is that it’s been stated a few times by family members that this wasn’t a typical route for her so even if she was having car troubles, why pull over to a secluded neighborhood and why was she in that neighborhood/route at all?
Even if you consider maybe she was having car trouble, pulled off, looked for a service center or auto dealer then was forced to pull into that driveway because her car was really in trouble. She would have been doing all of this at least 6 hours before the burning car was found. It plausible as an accident if the timing were closer but I just think that is too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova