Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but any person in their right mind would exit the car, like the woman you saw. Nobody, unless unconscious or incapacitated, is going to just sit there & deliberately become engulfed by flames.
And the fire happened at the minimum 7 hours after she would have been on her way to the game.

Well obviously she was far away from her destination so somebody got her! I think it was a gang member. <modsnip>

Thank you.

I too believe it may be gang related which makes my heart break just thinking about it because they are often so ruthless.

Now gangs can be homegrown citizens or from some other country entirely now.

They are so so dangerous and destroying so many areas and lives, and many have become victims of gang members through no fault of their own other than having the unfortunate experience of crossing the same path with these extremely violent individuals.

Gangs have infiltrated every part of our county. No place is immune.

It started happening way before 2009 though, at least by citizens of our own country imo. No matter where they are from they all are extremely dangerous.

A once beautiful town close to my own county has been destroyed by gangs, and gang related violence, and it began back in the very start of the 90s.

Back then all of the local officials there including the DA, and police pretended it didnt exist yet everyone in the community knew it was happening. Once safe, and beautiful areas had gang graffiti on them. Crimes began to skyrocket, and was once named the number one homicide city in the nation per capita which was around 210K. It's been in the top fifty homicide cities in the nation several times since then even a couple of years ago. In 2017 it was listed as the 13th most dangerous city to live in... in a MSNBC article.

Since then major national businesses have closed up moving elsewhere, and other large companies refuse to relocate there due the high crime rate, and not having enough available employees who wouldn't have a violent criminal record.

It's become normal to see arrests made almost daily involving every imaginable violent crime, and to see an enhancement charge added due to them being gang related.

Even though my own county is close it's like living, and working in another world. Their population growth has shrank due to many moving out while ours is prospering with little to no gang violence.

Imo, the reason why... is our local officials, and police departments dont blindly think it cant happen here nor ignores it if it occasionally happens. They stay right on top if it rather than pretending it cant happen here and if it does they come down hard on any gang related violent offenders.

Once the other county finally admitted they had a major gang problem it was way too late by then to ever get in under control.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
One reason why Kathleen may have taken Hwy 41 instead of continuing on Interstate 43 is because in Illinois, Interstate 43 is a toll road.

She would have been traveling south from Milwaukee on Interstate 43 and could have decided to take Hwy 41 to save from paying the toll. If you look at a map there is a interchange north of where the car was found where Interstate 43 and Hwy 41 interchange. If she would have continued on Interstate 43 past this interchange she would have come to the Waukegan Toll Plaza and had to pay a toll to continue.

Some people that travel the Illinois toll roads have what is called an I-PASS, which is a transponder that automatically detects your car passing through the toll plaza and charges a toll to your account. If Kathleen had an I-PASS and she went through any toll plaza there would be a record of it. There may also be video of her car traveling on the toll road or through a toll plaza. I know they have camera's set up about every mile or two the entire length of the I-90 toll road from Rockford to Chicago, I haven't driven on I-43 in a long time but I would imagine they have cameras there too.

I would think LE is checking to see if Kathleen passed through any toll plazas. And checking those toll road cameras and the cameras of business near where the car was found such as the Gurnee Truck Stop and other truck stops/convenience stores in the vicinity of the Interstate 43 and Hwy 41 interchange to see if possibly Kathleen had stopped there.

There was a case several years ago where a women was reported missing by her husband. If I remember correctly she was found deceased and the toll plaza cameras captured the two of them driving in the car together in one direction, but only the husband returning. Of course he told LE that he never left the house.

Good idea, Joe Friday. I was also wondering whether or not she had an I-PASS on her car. If not, & assuming the car was driven by a perp, he would’ve either had to stop & pay the toll (& be on camera) or blow the toll (& also be on camera). Or, he could’ve taken 41 to avoid the toll, but 41 also has cameras.

I’m hoping LE finds helpful footage to provide answers to the family & pursue justice, if need be (& I think everything points to foul play here).

IMO

Wild wild speculation here- was there anyone that got kicked off the team recently for whatever reason- bad grades, trouble in school, etc. Or was someone cut from the team who felt that they should be on the team?
I think this is plausible but from the standpoint of it being someone upset about something that occurred at her school, not her son’s. Could fit more with the theory that people feel like it’s more personal.

Last edited:
I dont recall a gang killing that family. Or any of them being carjacked. maybe I missed that?

If I recall a 21 year old white kid was arrested
I think they mean that it was random - nothing personal. So, they are saying this could very well be random. Also, I don't think a player of her adult son's would target the out of state mother (IMO). And I also don't think IMO that this is a gang related activity. Eithre personal or a random thrill killing or robbery gone wrong.

Good idea, Joe Friday. I was also wondering whether or not she had an I-PASS on her car. If not, & assuming the car was driven by a perp, he would’ve either had to stop & pay the toll (& be on camera) or blow the toll (& also be on camera). Or, he could’ve taken 41 to avoid the toll, but 41 also has cameras.

I’m hoping LE finds helpful footage to provide answers to the family & pursue justice, if need be (& I think everything points to foul play here).

IMO

Yes, I remember there was one of these cases on the TV program Forensic Files or some similar show. The husband and wife supposedly traveled to Florida then he filed a missing person's report claiming she went for a walk along the beach and never returned.

You're right, the toll booth videos were used to show him traveling to and from Florida ALONE. He had also made other mistakes that led to his arrest such as ordering room service for "them" but only ordering one meal or something of that nature. Very good investigative work!

To your point, perhaps on her usual route she would have taken the toll roads. It'll be interesting to see what her son says about whether she usually avoided the tolls.

A criminal, be it a local person or frequent traveler who is familiar with the area, would have known to avoid the tolls if riding around in a stolen car with a rape/kidnapped/murdered or soon-to-be murdered victim. Good police work and locals who have access to surveillance cams will catch this car and we may get some answers. I sure hope businesses and homes in the area have reviewed their footage and passed on to investigators anything suspicious.

The point is that everyone said that was personal. The door being kicked in felt too personal, it couldn’t be random. Well, it was random.

So that means all crimes including this one are not personal? Sorry I am trying to follow the logic.

What happened in that case has absolutely no connection to this.

If its ok to throw factless theories out, what if she was confronted by a doomsday prepper or a crazy cult? There isnt proof but there is tons of aggressive people out in rural areas with stockloads of weapons looking to fight off others. Maybe she went down the wrong road and they thought she was invading

Heres a link to murders done by preppers
Doomsday Desperation

But I think its personal, otherwisew I feel it be just her body burned not the car too. Why leave the car if you are jacking it? Makes no sense

So that means all crimes including this one are not personal? Sorry I am trying to follow the logic.

If its ok to throw factless theories out, what if she was confronted by a doomsday prepper or a crazy cult? There isnt proof but there is tons of aggressive people out in rural areas with stockloads of weapons looking to fight off others. Maybe she went down the wrong road and they thought she was invading

Doomsday Desperation

But I think its personal, otherwisew I feel it be just her body burned not the car too. Why leave the car if you are jacking it? Makes no sense
No one is claiming their theory is factual, people are putting out theories that could be possible based on the area and have provided links to show they are not wild ideas due to the location of the crime. We get it, you think it’s personal. Maybe it is.

No one is claiming their theory is factual, people are putting out theories that could be possible based on the area and have provided links to show they are not wild ideas due to the location of the crime. We get it, you think it’s personal. Maybe it is.

IMO, Its personal or doomsday preppers. Their presence in this country has been growing and growing. I cant drive in rural areas without seeing bunkers and truly fear those who stockpile weapons and are aggressively territorial

Doomsday Desperation

Doomsday Desperation

Since the 1950s, Preppers, also known as “survivalists,” have spread their ideology and tradecraft through preparedness expositions, gun shows, literature, and religious institutions — such as Mormons, Baptists, and cults.

SPLC? AND where exactly are their references to go along with that article of fact?

I am Baptist and I have never seen or heard anything from anything, anyone, or any where associated with the Baptist religion that attempted to "indoctrinate" me or anyone else. As a matter of fact, I've never heard any talk of this movement in a religious context ever, until now (except for cults). I'd love to find out more from the author's sources though.

And can you explain how all these "preppers" get away with murdering women traveling along on intertates and highways and we don't hear about it? I mean even assuming Ms. Ryan used their driveway to turn around, do "preppers" just randomly and instantly kill her and burn her vehicle on their property then avoid making it known that's why they killed her? What's the point if their actions don't further their cause? Moreover, where are all the warning signs "preppers" would have at the edge of the drive warning people to stay away, off, out, etc.?

Whatever their motivation for believing these conspiracy theories, I am having a hard time believing they are that cold hearted to kill someone for using their drive. Just MO of course. But to your question, yes, there are just as many facts pointing to your theory as their are pointing to any of our theories, given the little facts we know at this point, assuming we're all average citizens rather than investigators or family, etc.

The question to me isn't always "is something possible?" rather it is, "if this is possible, how probable is it?" IMO it's more probable that this is a rape/robbery gone bad than it is a personal connection or "doomsday prepper" or "alien from Mars" or any number of other possible scenarios.

IMO, Its personal or doomsday preppers. Their presence in this country has been growing and growing. I cant drive in rural areas without seeing bunkers and truly fear those who stockpile weapons and are aggressively territorial

But have we missed that? Have you seen pics of this area that show bunkers, preppers, stockpiles of ammo, etc.? Heck, I don't even recall seeing a 'No Tresspassing' sign. What leads you to believe this is prepper related?

But have we missed that? Have you seen pics of this area that show bunkers, preppers, stockpiles of ammo, etc.? Heck, I don't even recall seeing a 'No Tresspassing' sign. What leads you to believe this is prepper related?

The point of bunkers is not to be seen. Stockpiles of weapons are not laid out in the open. These people exist all around the country. There are cults that exist in rural areas.

There is just as much credence to this theory as the one of carjacking but leaving the car behind and crazy mad max gangs running people off the highways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty