WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like 7 miles or less. It is hard to come up with it...because where they are saying Drake's body was found makes no sense on the map.

Thanks Fran....I seriously don't feel that way.

I wanted her to be found alive & well. I have a Granddaughter about her age & it just rips me apart. I was sobbing my eyes out during the news conference. Just not wanting any family to endure such pain & misery.

Hugs, Cheko....I have a sister the same age, as well. Just got engaged and is starting medical school in the fall. I can't imagine how I'd feel if something like this happened to her. So much promise in these young people. I pray it's not Kelly, too!!

This is beginning to sound like a serial killer scenario (or copycat?), IMO. The odds of both girls going missing from the bar scene under such similar circumstances etc. and both ending up here?!

This is beginning to sound like a serial killer scenario (or copycat?), IMO. The odds of both girls going missing from the bar scene under such similar circumstances etc. and both ending up here?!

It sure does......

If this isn't Kelly Nolan, then maybe they found another victim of DeSalvo? Or if it is Kelly Nolan, could it mean that DeSalvo didn't kill Angela Drake and pleaded no contest to avoid a heavier penalty therefore being innocent of her murder?

If this isn't Kelly Nolan, then maybe they found another victim of DeSalvo? Or if it is Kelly Nolan, could it mean that DeSalvo didn't kill Angela Drake and pleaded no contest to avoid a heavier penalty therefore being innocent of her murder?

Thats my thoughts too........could be he pled no contest because he knew he'd get life with a jury.

I'm not giving up hope yet, but still can not get over the fact that as late as Saturday police were still saying they did not suspect foul play...a stance that had a lot of people questioning if this was a 'real' case or not, yet intended to search a specific "3 square mile" area in the village of Oregon for articles related to the case today?

I can understand not announcing where they were going to search, just can't understand the insistence that based on their information 'foul play' was still not an option they are focusing on. Perhaps they were swayed by the same DUI/party girl/personal problems stories painting a picture that it was 'more than likely' a case of a irresponsible girl who didn't want to be found...but again, with knowledge of that cafe employee information prior to any of the DUI talk, I wouldn't expect investigators to follow theories I've overheard more than one person (not here) saying as much during coffee talk on this case.

Would it be accurate to say that either a major tip came in (perhaps they identified a suspect with ties to the area)...or they have been blatantly providing mis-information since this case was first announced (remember, according to the Cafe owner's revelation on Saturday, they were aware of who she was initially with the night/morning she disappeared prior to making the search public)...or both?

According to the only map I could find about Angela Drake would place this body very, very near to her home...if I am seeing it correctly.

Did everyone leave?

According to the only map I could find about Angela Drake would place this body very, very near to her home...if I am seeing it correctly.

Did everyone leave?

I am here...
I am on baby watch this week & she is at the hopital on fetal monitor.

I'm still here, just waiting for the 2:00 press conference. Hopefully they'll give us more info.

We have a birthday party at 2:00 also. I hope they understand that the press conference comes first?! :slap: LOL

I hope this press conference has some information....
At this point I am completely shocked at the way this case is going...

So does anyone know where the Drake's lived? One story said this body was found right over the Fitchburg line.

One search team discovered the body about 8:45 a.m. just over the Fitchburg line. DeSpain said the body was found outdoors but would not say whether it was in a wooded area or had somehow been concealed. Police have no suspects in the person’s death, he said.
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070709/FON0101/70709105/1985/frontpage

We have a birthday party at 2:00 also. I hope they understand that the press conference comes first?! :slap: LOL

I told the soon to be Dad no baby til 3 pm at least!!! LOL:banghead:

Schneider road and country rd mm is where this body is. This would place it basically 7.8 miles from where Angela Drake's body was found.

Nothing new again to report. It is so ridiculous to hold press conferences to say absolutely nothing!

Multi-jurisdictional forensics team will be on the scene.

No body ID yet.

The search started at 4:30 this morning. Is that normal?? Why so early? it's not even light out yet then, is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679