Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to see if I can add her and maybe the police who are working her case will post the names that can be ruled as her.

I've already asked the detective in charge of Crystal Rae's case if he would publicize his rule out list, and he said that he does not want to do that.

He says that he has hundreds of names on his list, and is unable to do DNA, fingerprints, or dental evaluations on all of them. Many of the persons listed he considers unlikely because of height, eye color, age, circumstances, etc., but he prefers to maintain his option to re-evaluate whether there might be a reason to take a second look.

He explained that he would prefer that if someone feels strongly about a particular MP, they can still call it in and not be dissuaded from doing so based on the person being on his list.

OK..I understand..I just thought it was strange that she is not on that website after all the news about her being found and not identified.The case has to be presented by someone in LE or from the Medical Examiner to be added. I just think it would be so much easier if we knew who
is ruled out as being her.

She is on identifyus.org. At one time she was listed as male. I see that they have since corrected that.

I'll try to post the link.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4741

An interesting thing I noticed on the dental chart - it indicates that she had all four wisdom teeth removed. If Aundria Bowman spent 10 years as a runaway/wanderer, would she have gone to a dentist to have her wisdom teeth removed?

She was too young to have wisdom teeth prior to her disappearance.

If her wisdom teeth were causing her enough pain, or if she had a time of relative stability within those 10 years, then it is plausible that she had them removed.
The poor dental health makes me suspect she was addicted to drugs, but it takes time for teeth to decay and that gradual decline could have been interrupted due to a duration in rehab or perhaps a charitable donation.

I have paid for someone's dental work as an act of charity.

I feel Aundria is still the closest match.

I think she is still a possible match. She was only 3 months away from being 16, and wisdom teeth errupt when you are 15-25. If she had been to a denist before she went missing and her wisdom were impacted they might have removed them for space so some of the apparent crowding issues might resolve themselves.

I think she is still a possible match. She was only 3 months away from being 16, and wisdom teeth errupt when you are 15-25. If she had been to a denist before she went missing and her wisdom were impacted they might have removed them for space so some of the apparent crowding issues might resolve themselves.

Carl your overlay is very compelling. The angle of the head and the difference in contracted muscles (vs lax) easily explain the difference in the eyebrows. The rest of the overlay is so precise it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I would love to get a hold of any of Aundria's addresses because I bet it wouldn't be that difficult to find her local dentist(s). As a foster child, it stands to reason that she went to dentists that were Medicaid providers. Depending on the state, they can be few and far between, because the billing is a pain in the hinder regions and the reimbursement is typically pennies on the dollar. Often dentists that do take patients on a state program are right out of school and want to build a patient base. Id est, there is a strong likelihood any dentist who treated Aundria is still alive and kicking. Also, I find that most dentists hate to purge their records, so even though a dentist might retire, it is common that his/her practice and patient base remain-- because an associate takes over the business.

Good point. Problems with impacted teeth can make themselves known well before the teeth actually erupt. I was 14 when my impacted teeth started causing enough pain and trouble that I wanted to have them out. Due to financial reasons that didn't happen until they finally erupted, when I was 17.

So yeah, I can see her having the teeth removed early. There are so many other things right with this match...

My question to all is this.The medical examiner said that the Racine Jane Doe was cognitively disabled-Is there anything written that says Aundria Bowman suffered the same disability?

My question to all is this.The medical examiner said that the Racine Jane Doe was cognitively disabled-Is there anything written that says Aundria Bowman suffered the same disability?

I posed that question to WS member Varye, who went to school with Aundria.

Her response was as follows:

It has been so many years I really can't recall. She may have been a little slow. I do remember she was very gullible. There was 1 girl in particular that bullied her to no end.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Aundria Michelle Bowman, 14, Holland, 1989

I wonder if that girl caused Aundria to run away or worse. We've been seeing a lot about bullies and suicide in the news lately.

If it turns out that Aundria is not her I do hope Doreen Vincent is looked into. I agree with all of you who feel Doreen could be a match.

How do you suppose they figured she is possibly cognitively disabled? I am just puzzled as to how they figured that out when she's deceased. :waitasec:

I think they should look at the whereabouts of this pig, Bagley, round the time Racine JD was found. He is said to have led a transient lifestyle and IIRC, was a truck driver whenever he bothered to work for a living.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/09/2211420/indictment-alleges-years-of-torture.html#ixzz0zX4g4tmL

Please beware, the details of the indictment are very graphic and highly disturbing. This poor child/woman was not his first victim.

:furious:

I agree. It's interesting because the male clothing JD was found in sounds like something a trucker would wear (just going by truckers I know) :twocents:. And it was something easy to throw on a body too.

I sure hope answers are found for this poor girl and her family. She sticks with me too. I am pleased to hear that someone is working for her.

The definition of cognitively disabled:

http://www.belmont.k12.wi.us/faculty2/klein/cognitive_disabilities.htm

I cannot imagine how they arrived at this diagnosis from an autopsy. What do they know that we don't know?

Many genetic syndromes that lead to cognitive disabilities tend to also have physical markers on the body. A lot of those physical markers are shared between syndromes, are also occasionally found in non-disabled persons, and diagnosis can only happen by looking at the complete picture. I guess if you found a body that had a lot of markers such as hyper-mobile joints or lots of cafe-au-lait spots, or strangely shaped or spaced teeth, or a high arched palate, or an oddly shaped philtum or nasal bridge, or creases on the palm that are abnormal, or a largewr or smaller than expected skull size, then you might say the chances of the individual having some sort of genetic syndrome were higher than usual?

Many genetic syndromes that lead to cognitive disabilities tend to also have physical markers on the body. A lot of those physical markers are shared between syndromes, are also occasionally found in non-disabled persons, and diagnosis can only happen by looking at the complete picture. I guess if you found a body that had a lot of markers such as hyper-mobile joints or lots of cafe-au-lait spots, or strangely shaped or spaced teeth, or a high arched palate, or an oddly shaped philtum or nasal bridge, or creases on the palm that are abnormal, or a largewr or smaller than expected skull size, then you might say the chances of the individual having some sort of genetic syndrome were higher than usual?

Yes, that's what I thought they meant -- that the body showed some physical markers associated with some kind of developmental problem. Fetal alcohol syndrome or Down syndrome were the ones that came to my mind, but that's far from the only possibility. They wouldn't be able to say for sure whether she had symptoms, but they could identify the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member