GUILTY WI - Samuel Aegerter, 30, killed in road rage incident, Janesville, 4 June 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For someone to say "I think" I bet is quite different from the reality of what was discovered the next day.. I am sure both men were horrified.

This is a tragedy..Completely. For all involved. mssheila, I am not clear about the marandized issue. Was very hard to understand in court this last time all the issues brought up.You also could not hear the Judge nor Junig very well, even over microphone. I think next Wednesday will answer a lot of questions. To my understanding, he was read his rights. However, if it was not on camera then I guess he could claim they had not been read. I suppose if he was read them-the officers will testify to that (and where) next Wednesday.

I would bet there was plenty of shock involved. It is so easy to assume something else. Yet when 2 buddies are out riding on an uneventful night and it turns to this..I wonder how some would feel if they are in a similar situation and their good friend does something foolish? Very easy to say I would do this or that.. Very easy to say.

mssheila. Whether Jim was read his rights is in question from the accused`s standpoint. I believe the argument is that he was read his rights when he was arrested at his place of work. But that the statements he made in the hallway were not on "camera" and that he was not re-read his rights there.. I guess this will all be settked next Wednesday.

If they marandized him at all, they only need to do it once.

mssheila.. Yes, I agree. However I do not understand the complete argument there. Nor was I able to at the last hearing as they really did not go into it yet. So what I have stated about this is only what I have heard. I also understand how hard this is for many. It is for all and at the time of this incident, one must remember Mr. Hall and Mr. Humphrey were the best of friends. Regardless of this outcome, I wish everyone involved some peace.

I would bet there was plenty of shock involved. It is so easy to assume something else. Yet when 2 buddies are out riding on an uneventful night and it turns to this..I wonder how some would feel if they are in a similar situation and their good friend does something foolish? Very easy to say I would do this or that.. Very easy to say.

My opinions are formed from what I understand the laws to be. If you help conceal a murder weapon and lie to LE, you can be (and I think should be) charged as an accessory.

Shock or no shock.

JMO

My opinion is: I would like to see the man who actually shot and killed someone be brought to justice. That is actually what this whole case is about, a man losing his life to another. Shock or no shock.

My opinion is: I would like to see the man who actually shot and killed someone be brought to justice. That is actually what this whole case is about, a man losing his life to another. Shock or no shock.

The man who actually shot and killed someone should be brought to justice. As well as anybody who helped him cover up his crime by helping him bury a gun and telling lies to LE.
IMO it's not either or. It should be both.

JMO

Sandman333 has been verified by Tricia as being a close friend of one of the players. So both mssheila and sandman333 are verified as being close to players in this case. Please continue to be respectful of one another during what has to be a tense and difficult time for everyone involved in this tragedy.

Okay - no bickering. Opinions have been stated. Move on now, no need to keep saying the same thing over and over and over.

Thanks,

Salem

I'm sorry. I didnt see the warning right above me. I don't know how to delete, so i'm putting this in place of my post.

dont take this personally, but if the other guy is the shooter, at the MINIMUM, your friend is an accesosry after the fact (just driving off and not doing anything.)

KBL8201- thanks for the reply, and sorry I didnt answer until now... but yes- I do realize that even if Jim wasn't the actual shooter, he'd be guilty of accessory- at a minimum. He could even get a murder charge. It's terrible to say, but even as a friend, I would be able to accept that. I'll be able to accept even the murder charge he may be getting! But not if he didnt DO IT. KNIM?

However, I was getting off track there. The fact that there have been no reports that Hall has or has not gained any deal, (but in my gut I really believe he has) is exactly what I'm most frustrated about! I can't understand why Hall giving his statement to the police has been nothing except a self serving pile of garbage. And yet, even though his "Statement" is clear and convincing evidence of accessory ,at a minimum, or murder, or even accessory after the fact.. obstruction? ANYTHING?? ... I do NOT believe that Hall going to speak to police was an attack of conscience. JMO!!! Mine and only mine!!!!

You're absolutely right about that Sandman. No one could ever ever say what they'd do/feel/think... about 9 months ago, I would have looked you straight in the face and said "I'd never speak to him again" or "I wouldn't be able to support someone in this situation".... I'm sure I would have said those things... but now that it's happened, I am sure I'm still in shock and it will wear off.

But,, if and until I hear more evidence of guilt... I don't know what will help me downshift for a little while. Ya know? The whole thing is so, so awful and so shocking. I pray for the Aegerter family every night before bed. And then I pray for Jim. The only thing I can hope for is that the children still get to have a good childhood, and that they can foever know that their dad loved them so much!

I find it odd that people would think "deals or immunities" would be made to certain people if they themselves were the actual shooter. This isnt a television show like C.S.I. where you see such ridiculous deals.. LOL... Its quite obvious there is substantial evidence, (possibly) Mr. Humphreys statements himself. I feel what Mr. Hall did was not at all self serving. In fact quite the opposite. Just because Humphrey was a good friend at the time does not mean "hush" let him go. *snort*. Maybe Hall had his reasons for turning Mr. Humphrey in when he did (and maybe there are reasons for that)- he did not commit the crime.

They have the right man sitting right where he should be. I also cannot believe how some people are in such denial that they focus their hate and frustration to a man who did NOT commit murder. I hope Humphrey receives the maximum penalty for his crimes. I wish they could tack on another sentence for what he has put so many through. This was never- ever a case of "who done it". Has anyone ever even seen a statement by Humphrey, or anyone else that claims Hall or anyone else shot Mr. Aegerter. Ummm no. I hope Mr. Humphrey does not choose to plead out, so that he and everyone else will be forced to see and hear the evidence that proves they have the right man.Then I hope a jury gives him the fullest for not stepping up and for not showing remorse.

You know, there is murder and then there is murder. I am more struck by the charge tbh-I agree that it is a whole different thing when you know the people involved rather than simply reading a headline regarding a crime in someone else's town, in someone else's world.

That is a pretty big charge for road rage. I am not minimizing the loss of life-you can rest assured, however, that the defense attorney for both or either man is going to get into the nuts and bolts of who participated in what. The fact that the two men are pointing the finger at each other and that there were no witnesses who saw the shooter might alone qualify as reasonable doubt....

I will pray that the hearing holds some answers for everyone. This is so sad.

I dont think the shock will ever wear off. I hope you find peace with your relationship with Mr. Humphrey. I do pray for the Aegerter family. I also pray for all the other innocent people that have been affected by this. I no longer pray for Mr, Humphrey nor some of the people closest to him. The damage has been far too much to ever repair. Most will move on with their lives, while others will be left to deal with the life long aftermath of this tragedy.

Believe-- I am pretty sure that Mr. Humphrey has not pointed a finger at anyone else. It has been nothing more then "rumors" and talk from "townies" .. I would think the charges are fitting.. Mr. Humphrey shot 2 times at close range. If only just once I may have to possibly agree with that, but 2 times-no..Just my opinion..

This thread is back-

Everyone is entitled to state their opinion with as much verification as possible. Please be respectful of one another.

The hearing should shed light, I hope, on the actions of the participants on that day. It should also shed some light on the quality of the investigation, any alleged confessions and spontaneous statements etc.

Mr. Humphrey`s confession along with other video recorded interviews were shown in court today. It can now be revealed that he had made a confession on June 7, 2010 to Detective Knutson. So yes, there was a confession and it was not thrown out. He had been read his rights, at his arrest and again before he requested to speak to Detective Knutson. Mr. Humphreys main objective at this point is he feels he should get Manslaughter, not First Degree Intentional Homicide. The charges remain. Unless Mr. Humphrey pleas out- his trial begins on February 21, 2011.

Also, Mr. Hall received "Use Immunity", which means anything he told the police needed to be the truth. Had there ever been any evidence against Mr. Hall or (thereafter) he could still be charged. Hopefully this now clears up any concerns that they have the wrong man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back