GUILTY WI - Stephanie Low, 22, Wausau, 10 Oct 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.waow.com/story/23649236/2013/10/09/wausau-police-stephanie-low-was-murdered

Yesterday, in advance of the third anniversary of her disappearance, the Wausau police department investigators have now OFFICIALLY stated that Stephanie Low's disappearance is a murder investigation and have now publicly named Kristopher "Spider" Torgerson as a SUSPECT in her murder (previously he was only a POI to her "disappearance").

I don't think there is necessarily any new and profound evidence, I think this is only perhaps a change in that they are now publicly stating what they've long believed to be true. However, I cannot be sure there is nothing "new", just nothing I have heard...

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to keep up with the case here at WS, situations in my own life are keeping my attentions focused more closely to home, so to speak.

Here is the link to the article at WAOW, there is also a video report of the new developments as well.

http://www.waow.com/story/23649236/2013/10/09/wausau-police-stephanie-low-was-murdered

WAUSAU (WAOW) -
Wausau Police now believe a missing Wausau woman was murdered the night of her disappearance in 2010.

October 10 is the third anniversary of the disappearance of Stephanie Low.

The Wausau Police Department told Newsline 9 her disappearance is being investigated as a homicide.

"We believe she was murdered in her apartment and then her body was taken from it," said Wausau Police Chief Jeff Hardel.

Chief Hardel says his department has received more than 300 tips in connection with investigation, some as recently as last week.

"We clearly have made progress, it's just that we haven't made quite the progress that we want because we want to resolve this, we want to hold those individuals responsible, so we're not quite there yet but we are getting close," said Hardel.

But police say they do have leads. Chief Hardel said Wednesday that Kristopher "Spider" Torgerson is now a suspect in Low's death and disappearance.

"He is absolutely a suspect," says Hardel. "His name was connected with Stephanie Low's disappearance and now he's connected with her death investigation."

Torgerson has not been charged with any crime connected to Low. He was sentenced to prison early this year on unrelated charges.

We reached out to Stephanie Low's family for comment. But, our calls were not returned. A balloon release is scheduled for Thursday to honor the third anniversary of Low's disappearance.

Police ask that you call them if you have any information about this case.

Can someone please change the thread title to reflect this latest news? Rest in Peace, sweet Stephanie.

So glad you are coming home to your loved ones, Stephanie. May you rest in peace now.

Salem

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...found-4-years-murder-police-article-1.1948765

He obtained help in burying her body in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest by a man who later confessed to helping remove her body from her apartment on the night she was killed... That man, later located by police in Long Beach, Calif., confessed to the dirty deed, as well as "watching Torgerson bury her body," said Hardel.

From mid-May 2013 to the fall, detectives searched the area between 15-20 times to locate the grave site.

It wasn't until they confronted Torgerson -- who was already behind bars on other charges -- with video of others accusing him of having confessed to the murder that he agreed to take them to the exact site. Low's body was exhumed Saturday morning, approximately 1 1/2-feet below the earth's surface, said Hardel.

I'm glad Stephanie's family has answers, I wish the outcome had been different though. Rest peacefully, Stephanie.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/...nsfered-back-to-Prison-277121601.html?ref=601

Kristopher Torgerson is serving a five year prison sentence for a 2013 conviction of battery and meth charges. Torgerson was transferred to the county jail on Sept. 17. Wausau Police Chief Jeff Hardel said the body of Stephanie Low was located in a shallow grave Sept. 19 with Torgerson's help...

So far, no criminal charges related to the Stephanie Low case have been filed against Torgerson, but police say those charges are coming.

Staff at the Marathon County Jail say Torgerson will return to the Boscobel prison in Grant County.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/st...de-charges-filed-stephanie-low-case/16488247/

A man told police he helped the man accused of killing a 22-year-old Wausau woman move the victim's body, according to the criminal complaint...

Torgerson told his former wife that he had killed Stephanie Low because she owed him money, but he then could not find a safe with drugs in it in her apartment, according to court records filed Tuesday. Torgerson told his ex-wife that his DNA would be under Low's fingernails and a knife from his house was still in Low's chest.

He also told an acquaintance he at least needed to get rid of her hands because his DNA would be under her fingernails and could be used to identify him, according to a criminal complaint.

I followed Stephanie's thread, but missed this latest news.

I know it's not the outcome her family hoped for, but I'm glad for their sake she has been found and they were able to bring her home.

My heart felt prayers and condolences to the Low family and all who loved her.

RIP Stephanie.....fly high

http://www.wsaw.com/news/headlines/Torge-275962141.html?ref=141

During a press conference Sept. 22, Chief Hardel said Torgerson reportedly confessed to six people that he went to Stephanie Low's apartment on Oct. 10, 2010 with the intention of ripping her off. Police say Low and her boyfriend were known cocaine drug traffickers. Kristopher Torgerson reportedly told people Low fought back, and that's when he strangled and stabbed her...

Police say the scene at Low's Thomas Street apartment was suspicious as there was bedding missing, blood droplets, and the smell of bleach.

Police say Torgerson had been interviewed a total of five times in connection to Stephanie's disappearance, including twice in 2010, but they said it wasn't until March 2011 that they learned Torgerson traveled to Wabeno they day she went missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back