WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:furious: They really need to do a bigger search of that property.This family sounds like bad news all round with charges of violence against the father sons and grandsons .

>That threat included drawings, and Hazelwood also discussed a "bizarre incident" with "sexual overtones" in which Avery admitted ramming his cousin's car and forcing her off the road.

"Even if we accept Mr. Avery's premise that he is not guilty of the (1985) charges, there's plenty to be worried about with a man like this when he makes threats," Hazelwood said at that hearing. "

The judge also terminated Avery's contact with his childre. He said that Avery had tremendous needs and anger. Prisoners who served time with Avery said he spoke about his plans to rape and torture someone and showed them plans of a torture chamber he wanted to build.

The article further stated: "The filings also include statements from a woman, now 41, who said she was raped by Avery, who told her "if she yelled or screamed there was going to be trouble."

There also is an affidavit from a girl who said she was raped by Avery.

"The victim's mother indicated that the victim does not want to speak about the sexual assault between her and Steven Avery because Steven Avery told her if she 'told anyone about their activities together he would kill her family,'" the filing said.

The affidavit said Avery admitted to his fiancee that he had sexually assaulted the girl. >

Where was all of this information when the Innocence Project was trying to get this out of prison? Where was this information in the People Magazine article that made him out to be some kind of victim or hero?

Sherlockmom

>They really need to do a bigger search of that property.This family sounds like bad news all round with charges of violence against the father sons and grandsons .<

Oh I agree Aussiegran. There are more rocks to be turned over here. That is a big property. Perhaps some cold cases can be solved here and I would only hope that LE is taking a second look at all of them going back to the adolescence of the father and grandfather, all the uncles and cousins too. There are some family lines which should just die out and this is one of them.

Sherlockmom

They need to keep that nephew in jail for life as well, look how bad he is at 16 can't imagine at age 30 or 40 after spending most of his life in jail what he'll be capable of. Some do gooder will see him as a cause in 20 years to try and get him released. :doh:

AlwaysHope said:
I found this article in the Fond Du Lac Reporter.... this just makes me sick!

Fdl Reporter
Here are a few quotes from that article:

While he was in prison, Steven Avery planned the torture and killing of a young woman, new documents released Wednesday indicate.

Avery also bought leg irons and handcuffs three weeks before he allegedly killed Teresa Halbach, the special prosecutor in his homicide case said.

"Steven Avery has demonstrated an intent, plan and motive to abduct, rape, torture, kill and mutilate young women," according to conversations Avery had with prison inmates, and Avery showed diagrams of a "torture chamber" he intended to build, Kratz said in his motion.

In the bail denial motion, Kratz said Avery was "at best a casual acquaintance" of Halbach, and "targeted" her as a victim. Halbach had photographed vehicles at the Avery Salvage Yard in the past, and Avery specifically requested her the day she disappeared. Instead of using his own name, he provided the magazine she took photos for with the name of his sister-in-law.

"Steven Avery has a long history of acts of violence, mostly perpetrated against female victims, which acts include physical and sexual violence," the motion said.

Among other documents filed in support of his motion, Kratz submitted the transcript of a 1993 hearing before Manitowoc County Circuit Judge Fred Hazelwood that said Avery, while in prison, threatened to mutilate and kill his former wife, Lori Mathieson.

That threat included drawings, and Hazelwood also discussed a "bizarre incident" with "sexual overtones" in which Avery admitted ramming his cousin's car and forcing her off the road.

"Even if we accept Mr. Avery's premise that he is not guilty of the (1985) charges, there's plenty to be worried about with a man like this when he makes threats," Hazelwood said at that hearing.

Hazelwood terminated Avery's contact with his children, saying "he has tremendous needs. He has huge anger. He has real potential to harm people, and he's not dealt with any of that."

Kratz also included in Wednesday's filings statements from prisoners who served time with Avery at Green Bay Correctional Institution. They said Avery talked about and showed them diagrams of a torture chamber he planned to build when he was released.

The local news had a short interview with Dassey's mother tonight. It was disgusting. She went on about what a good boy her son was, never in trouble. He wouldn't hurt a flea and would only do something like this if someone forced him to.

Then she whined about almost losing her job because she missed too much work. If her son is such an angel he's an anomaly in that family. Of course the reporter didn't ask her about that. She's a victim too doncha know.

They showed her on the phone with her son telling him she loved him. She also said something curious. That he told her that the first thing he said was true but the other stuff wasn't. I don't know if it sounded like he was going to deny his confession now or say he lied about that or what. She claimed she didn't question him further because "he's had enough people interrogating him and he doesn't need his mother interrogating him too".

Sherlockmom

No wonder Project Innocence took his picture off their website - and it wasn't out of respect for Teresa's family. They plain f'd up. :loser:

Motion criticizes press conferences, labels Dassey's statements 'inadmissable' against Avery

A defense attorney argues in a motion filed this week that statements made to authorities by Steven Avery's nephew, Brendan Dassey, cannot be used against Avery in court.

The motion filed by Attorney Dean Strang asks a judge to impose a gag order on prosecutors, officers and other investigators in the Avery case. The order would not affect the media.

more at link

http://www.htrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060310/MAN0101/603100688/1358/MANnews

>A defense attorney argues in a motion filed this week that statements made to authorities by Steven Avery's nephew, Brendan Dassey, cannot be used against Avery in court. <

This doesn't preclude Dassey being called as a witness for the prosecution in Avery's case and testifying in person which I believe is the plan. However Dassey could pull something like "I lied and only confessed because the cops were pressuring me, abusing me blah blah blah". He may be sorry he confessed now and wants to pull a 180.

This is what I find so reprehensible about defense attorneys. I believe there is a big difference in making sure that your client has a good defense and his rights are protected and something else altogether to help someone like this get away with murder. I think there is something morally wrong with that. I couldn't do it and still sleep at night.

Sherlockmom

In the article Chicoliving posted above: Quote, Janda said it was tough on her family to have him gone, and seeing him in custody is tough, too. "It's hard to look at him in there where I can't touch him and he's through a piece of glass," she said. Quote"

I can't imagine if my 16 yr old son had helped SA kill Teresa, he admitted to raping her,cutting her throat & helping dispose of her. I'd not want the demon in my home with my other kids!!! If he did it once he wouldn't think of doing it again.
I'd want him behind glass, if for no other reason not to hurt another soul. I'd love the boy I thought he was, but never the demon he had become. :furious:

>As for the Halbach case, "he tells me that nothing actually happened, that his first statement was true and the rest weren't," Janda said in the interview at her home.

She said she wasn't sure what he meant by that, and she doesn't question him about it because "I figure he's been through enough interrogation. He don't need it from his mom."

Authorities have said they questioned Dassey once and then arrested him after more questioning a couple days later.

Janda said it was tough on her family to have him gone, and seeing him in custody is tough, too.

"It's hard to look at him in there where I can't touch him and he's through a piece of glass," she said. <

Let the lies begin. Her whining on TV isn't doing anything to garner sympathy for either her or her son. The more the public sees her flapping her gums to the press the more disgusted they become by this whole family. They must not have an attorney firmed up for the kid yet who has told the mother to keep her trap shut and her face off of tv. She sure isn't doing anything that is helping her son.

Anyone with an ounce of brain or class would keep their mouths shut. We already know this family has neither. If I just had a dollar for every whiny mom on TV crying that her boy didn't do it I'd be rich. This whole family lies as easily as they breathe.

Having him gone is tough on her family? How would she feel if he had been raped, tortured, murdered and his body burned in a junk yard burn barrel? She has alot of nerve talking about how her family is suffering. Her suffering isn't near what Teresa's family has gone through. I have no sympathy for her.

Watching her is like watching an episode of cops except because this is Wisconsin in the winter everyone has their shirts on.

Sherlockmom

Watch his mother shout and point her finger at reporters saying "he's being framed! He didn't even do it!"

Yeah, like I said. Just like watching an episode of cops. I can tell you what is coming next. They questioned him for hours and hours and hours. They told him to confess and he does what he is told. Didn't the family claim that Avery was being framed too? This poor family. All of them. Always being picked on and framed for some crime they didn't do. Brendan was probably the first one in the family to ever actually admit to something. That is most likely the learning disability they are referring to.

That's right. He confessed to a crime that his uncle is already in jail for with strong evidence against him? Sure. I think we can assume anything coming out of this family's mouth is a lie. Watch the video. This is one mad mama.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/topstories/story_1702.asp

Sherlockmom

It just makes me sick. Kids can be talked into a lot of things... but cutting someone's throat, raping them and burning them is something different. I hope he rots in jail....

Sherlockmom said:
>
Perhaps some cold cases can be solved here and I would only hope that LE is taking a second look at all of them going back to the adolescence of the father and grandfather, all the uncles and cousins too. There are some family lines which should just die out and this is one of them.

Sherlockmom
Sherlock I totally agree the whole family sounds like bad news .
:furious: First you have the ones that commit these crimes and then you have most of the rest defending them .

:laugh: :laugh:

Sherlockmom said:
Brendan was probably the first one in the family to ever actually admit to something. That is most likely the learning disability they are referring to.
Sherlockmom

When Brendan went to LE did he say that he was threatened into doing the things that he did? If not, then his mother would be smarter to keep quiet and let him face the consequences of his actions instead of making herself sound like an idiot.

This boy may have learning disabilities like not being able to read, etc, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't know the difference between right and wrong.
It doesn't mean that when he heard Teresa screaming for her life that he didn't have enough sense enough to run to a phone and call 911 because it must have been obvious that something horrible was taking place in that trailer. Instead he knocks...goes in and joins his uncle in the horror. If he would have been so scared that he went along with his uncle as his brother, Brad, chooses to believe then he darn well should have been to scared to knock on that door when he heard Teresa.

It breaks my heart to think of everything that Teresa suffered through. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for her to have a glimmer of hope when that boy came into that room only to have the horror just get worse. To have the last people that she saw be those two horrible low life monsters. Death was probably a blessing after all that poor little thing lived through. It's just hard to understand how one human can torture another human being.

If this low life piece of garbage...Steven Avery... ends up out on bail I honestly hope that a gang of rednecks kidnapp him and take him way out in the country and torture him to death. Take care of him like they did in the olden days. I doubt LE would look to hard for anyone who harmed Steven Avery.
The nephew should get LWOP. Avery doesn't deserve to keep breathing.
Maybe someone in the yard at prison will do Avery in....If so, that person should get free commisary for the rest of his prison stay.

If Brendan has been in special education there should be school records to indicate his intelligence level and emotional problems.
This crime makes me feel sick. It is one of the most brutal, meaningless and cold hearted crimes I have heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member