WI - Woman dies after medical emergency at tavern; may be connected to man suspected of drugging women he met on dating apps

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reaction score
South Milwaukee police: Woman dies after medical emergency at tavern

SOUTH MILWAUKEE, Wis. - South Milwaukee police are investigating the death of a woman, 55, after she passed out at a tavern. She was rushed to the hospital on Nov. 17, where she later died.

People inside the bar said the woman walked in with a man. When they called 911, he disappeared.
Police have been wanting to speak to the man, 52-year-old Timothy Olson, who said he was going to get the woman’s inhaler but didn’t come back. Police say he has drugged other women he met on dating apps and stole money from them.

Police first warned the public about Timothy Olson on November 9th

Court records say he met a woman on Match.com, and he told her his name was Tim Wilson. After their date, she told police she did not remember anything about the drive home. She said "she drank alcohol but not to the point of blacking out and thought he could have put something in her drink."

She then discovered four unauthorized withdrawals from her debit card; two $200 withdrawals from a Kwik Trip in Mount Pleasant and another two $200 withdrawals from a Kwik Trip in Oak Creek.

The criminal complaint says video shows it was Olson swiping her debit card.

Timothy Olson is also wanted on multiple felony counts of identity theft.

If you have been victimized or have additional info, call the Racine Police Department Investigations Unit at 262-635-7756 or if you prefer to stay anonymous, the Crime Stoppers at 262-636-9330. Olson is from Racine but also has ties to northern Illinois.

[OP speaking here: I don’t know why yesterday’s article about the suspicious death states that police “want to talk to” Olson and is under surveillance but the article from earlier this month states he has an active warrant for his arrest. If the warrant is no longer active, there’s no information stating thus. In any case, I would treat this individual as potentially dangerous and not to interact with him but call LE with any info.]

Sounds scary & awful. If this was a date-rape type drug given to her without her knowing or consent, it's the lowest of the low. Grrrrr.
And now she is dead. Hoping LE is able to zero-in on this asap.

Sounds scary & awful. If this was a date-rape type drug given to her without her knowing or consent, it's the lowest of the low. Grrrrr.
And now she is dead. Hoping LE is able to zero-in on this asap.

Indeed. It sounds like the suspect isn’t a total loner if he has connections in two states, but many if not all of those people are either protecting him or don’t regularly keep in touch. I’m hoping somebody steps up and does the right thing, or that LE are able to track him down soon.

Update: Timothy Olson has been taken into police custody.

Franklin Police Chief Rick Oliva held a news conference on Monday afternoon to explain how the arrest came to be.

The chief said an officer noticed a person matching Olson's description pushing a bicycle in the area near 35th and Rawson in Franklin. As officers approached, Olson fled into a nearby condo complex. Officers pursued, caught up to Olson, and there was a brief struggle in which Olson had to be tased. Olson was then taken into custody.

lowest of the low
I wonder if he can be charged with murder in Wisconsin IF he spiked her drink and that caused her death
I hope so. I’m not exactly sure how Wisconsin usually determines homicide versus manslaughter or how they have done so in the past.

He’s now wanted in several jurisdictions including a kidnapping and identity theft case involving a 79-year-old victim on November 23rd. So he really wasn’t stopping for anybody. I’m glad he got cocky and was willing to show his face in broad daylight!

As a side note, I think it’s a little funny he complained of shortness of breath upon arrest. I bet he was having a panic attack lol. Still good that the police followed protocol and got him checked out just in case.

Alleged dating app predator pleads not guilty to kidnapping, burglary in Milwaukee County Court
MILWAUKEE — The alleged dating app predator pled not guilty on Tuesday to charges including kidnapping and burglary.

Timothy Olson, 52, appeared in court Tuesday for a preliminary hearing. His lawyers asked for his bail to be lowered, but the court denied the request.

FOLLOW THE CASE:

Olson is accused of luring women on dating apps and stealing their money. In Milwaukee County, he is accused of abducting a 79-year-old woman, forcing her to drive around, and stealing her money.

He is also facing charges in Racine County where he is a person of interest in a woman's death. He also became a person of interest in the death of 55-year-old Kim Mikulance in South Milwaukee. She collapsed moments after being seen with Olson at a bar.
In December, Olson also requested a new public defender but didn’t give a reason why. That process was expected to take 30-90 days from that date; I couldn’t find any info right away if these lawyers were his new ones or not.

Dec. 13th — Family of South Milwaukee woman linked to dating app predator speaks publicly for the first time
"She was a wonderful mother, a wonderful person with a big heart, and my personal best friend. Every day is a struggle. I'm hoping with time it gets easier."

. . .

They say while she may no longer be here, she'll never be forgotten.

"Rain was so full of light and love. She always wanted to help everyone. Her kindness was unmeasured and she is missed tremendously by her family and friends. Her sons were the absolute light of her life, and by extension, their spouses also. We miss and love her so much," said Rain's daughter-in-law, Anna.

"I hope that we all can always remember her like I will," said Heather.

"Rain's legacy will continue on," said Andrew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back