Will Casey face probation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
topic in here is not the pictures and I think that thread was closed.
Topic is "will KC face probation?" Thanks.

Taking up where we left off in the closed thread here.......

I had a nice conversation with my local councillor this afternoon. I am her campaign manager. And her day is a lawyer. Gee, this young woman does out of Country recovery law. Here in Canada, there is a good business in recovering money, property and people who have left this Country to avoid nasty situations. Now she is a avid follower of this Casey court case. And has resources we can only dream of.

Now on this probation issue? She says the written law in Florida is a mess. And the Judge can truly rule anyway he sees fit. BUT the interesting part is here. The civil depositions. Her interpretations of the badly written laws. IF Casey is on probation, then any other State will be bound by law to pick Casey up and return her to Florida for the civil suits. But if Casey is not on probation, then it becomes a federal issue. A federal issue there is no chance of them enforcing because it was not a federal court case ruling. Casey will be free of those depositions then. As long as she stays away from Florida. An example from here in Canada. Casey on probation, we send the RCMP police to pick her up and deliver Casey to the Florida, at Florida's expense. But with no probation, Canada does nothing if she is here. And this is maybe the key issue here for the DT. Making sure Casey never has to testify in the civil suits. Thus costing them all that money.

But, it appears that Judge Perry has one last option here. She says it is reasonably clear that Judge Perry can redo the lying time served if the probation completed time sticks. But he could then add a year of probation on to the lying sentence. It seems that probation goes usually with a lying to LE conviction. But Judge Perry passed on that option because he thought Casey had probation time coming. Oh I am hoping here. It is not over yet. And it is doubtful it will be over this week. But getting Casey on probation one way or the other is ever so important to the civil suits here. We shall see..........

The State Department of Corrections probation supervisor, Susan Finigan, talked about how it was not normal to serve probation in jail...except where different individuals like Casey Anthony had other cases on different dockets...then she said it does happen...

The State Department of Corrections in Florida applied Casey Anthony's probation while she was in jail...following the original court order that Judge Strickland ordered on January 25, 2010...then they terminated her probation on January 24, 2011...her time was served while in jail...

Judge Strickland is now saying that he intended for Casey Anthony to serve probation after her release from jail...If in fact that Judge Strickland had intended for this to happen...then he should have been more observant in making sure that the original court document in January 2010 was worded correctly according to his intentions...after all he had to read it and sign it to make it a legal order...

And according to Florida law...he had 60 days from the time that he signed it to make any necessary corrections from January 25th to March 2010...and he failed to do so in that time frame...He waited 1 year and 7 months later to try and make a change...

To make any changes any different than they are right now...it would be a travesty of justice...first you have to look at the integrity of the State of Florida Department of Corrections...This organization knows the law and they uphold the law every day in their work environment...to go against what they have already said that Casey's probation has been served according to the original court document in 2010...

As a member of the American television viewing audience...some of us sitting at home watching the television as all this unfolds leaves us with the impression that Judge Strickland has just made a mockery out of the Department of Corrections...

Hopefully Judge Perry after he carefully evaluates everything will come to the same conclusion that many of us have come to...that he should rescind this latest court order change from Judge Strickland because if Judge Strickland had any problem with the court order that he signed on January 25, 2010...then he failed to follow the letter of the law and he didn't make the changes within the 60 days time period...

And Judge Perry can be the one who makes a difference in turning this mess around with making an awareness program for the judges in the state of Florida...holding them personally responsible for making sure that the court order is in perfect order as their intentions before they sign and date the document and to remind them that they only have 60 days to make any corrections...

BBM:

Didn't watch the hearing?

Judge Perry read out law that said Judge Strickland's correction was perfectly legal. And I believe it was Richard Hornsby who said yes, it is true that some felons do their probation while in jail because they don't qualify for bond while awaiting another trial - a whole 1% of the probation population.

And my second bold. Judge Strickland's order for probation was to take effect when she was released from jail. He had 60 - 60 days from her release date to make any changes or corrections. And his oral sentence wins over any document or clerical error in his document. That case law was also read out in the hearing.

I'm fine with her having no further probation. But in that case - back to jail please to serve out the rest of her four concurrent sentences for lying to the LE. No problem with that at all.

This isn't that complicated. Perry can simply ask Baez if it's her and he can say yes or no.

And if she says yes, then clearly this is a woman who is not in fear of her life or anything else for that matter...so no need for administrative probation.

And if she says yes, then clearly this is a woman who is not in fear of her life or anything else for that matter...so no need for administrative probation.

And what about the needs of society here? That is part of probation also.

Wow, you were reading my mind. I also do not live in Florida, but if I were a taxpaying citizen in this state I'd be up in arms at election time. What a fiasco this whole case has become. And the eyes of the world are watching. The judicial system in Florida has become something that you shouldn't be too proud of. IMO

Snowdaze I agree with you and I think Judge Perry is up for reelection in 2012.

I think it was staged (as in Baez staged it). Last night I was looking at Christina Baez's mugshots (all three), and she looks an awful lot like Casey. If it were not for the moles on her arm, I'd think it was an actress - but maybe they staged that as well. Although Christina has horrible skin, would be hard to cover up.

Who is Christina Baez and do you have a link . I would like to see the artical and mug shots .TIA

I think Judge Perry will let her walk.

I hope Florida learns a few lessons from the Cases of Casey Anthony. The sunshine laws, they way they allow judges to "rehabilitate" jurors who are really incapable of being rehabilitated (bribing them with tickets to disney or flirting aloud with the idea of possibly paying them back for their crusie tix for being willing to change their minds on certain issues so they can seat a jury quicker is not rehabilitation but Bribery imo) and their lack of functional workability between administrative/clerk of court, the department of corrections and the department of probation/parole are just the start of my list.

Taking up where we left off in the closed thread here.......

I had a nice conversation with my local councillor this afternoon. I am her campaign manager. And her day is a lawyer. Gee, this young woman does out of Country recovery law. Here in Canada, there is a good business in recovering money, property and people who have left this Country to avoid nasty situations. Now she is a avid follower of this Casey court case. And has resources we can only dream of.

Now on this probation issue? She says the written law in Florida is a mess. And the Judge can truly rule anyway he sees fit. BUT the interesting part is here. The civil depositions. Her interpretations of the badly written laws. IF Casey is on probation, then any other State will be bound by law to pick Casey up and return her to Florida for the civil suits. But if Casey is not on probation, then it becomes a federal issue. A federal issue there is no chance of them enforcing because it was not a federal court case ruling. Casey will be free of those depositions then. As long as she stays away from Florida. An example from here in Canada. Casey on probation, we send the RCMP police to pick her up and deliver Casey to the Florida, at Florida's expense. But with no probation, Canada does nothing if she is here. And this is maybe the key issue here for the DT. Making sure Casey never has to testify in the civil suits. Thus costing them all that money.

But, it appears that Judge Perry has one last option here. She says it is reasonably clear that Judge Perry can redo the lying time served if the probation completed time sticks. But he could then add a year of probation on to the lying sentence. It seems that probation goes usually with a lying to LE conviction. But Judge Perry passed on that option because he thought Casey had probation time coming. Oh I am hoping here. It is not over yet. And it is doubtful it will be over this week. But getting Casey on probation one way or the other is ever so important to the civil suits here. We shall see..........

Judge Perry gave her the max for the lying conviction. That precludes any probation for the lying sentence. He would have to change to lying sentence to less than max, in order to add probation time to it. Sentence time ,prison time plus probation time, can not exceed the max as far as I know.
And I can not see that happening because that would open another can of worms. She already served/completed the lying sentence.

I think Judge Perry will let her walk.

I hope Florida learns a few lessons from the Cases of Casey Anthony. The sunshine laws, they way they allow judges to "rehabilitate" jurors who are really incapable of being rehabilitated (bribing them with tickets to disney or flirting aloud with the idea of possibly paying them back for their crusie tix for being willing to change their minds on certain issues so they can seat a jury quicker is not rehabilitation but Bribery imo) and their lack of functional workability between administrative/clerk of court, the department of corrections and the department of probation/parole are just the start of my list.

Totally agree. Nothing will be changed.:maddening:
She will just waltz out of this one too, unscathed.

I watched the hearing live. What I don't get is Casey Anthony was the most scrutinized person while she was in jail so how did it escape the judges (both Strickland and Perry), the prosecution, LE, and the public that she was serving probation while in jail awaiting trial for murder? Or at least long enough so that nothing was done to correct what looks like a clerical error in a timely manner?

Not only is it a mess but I think that Casey will of course benefit from the error and she won't get any more probation from Judge Perry.

I do think she'll end up in jail soon enough again because she is a con artist convicted felon thief, a convicted liar, as well as an acquitted murderer.

I do hope that Judge Perry asks the defense team if Casey was in Ohio shopping at Old Navy, walking around sidewalks with a Starbucks frappucino cup, and using her cell phone in public because it sure looks like she isn't worried about her safety. (and yes, I think that is definitely Casey in the Ohio pix and I've read a lot of the now the closed thread about the topic.)

I agree, and I hope if Casey has to serve probation, that it will be moved to another State and city, not in orlando. IMO she shouldn't have to pay the State for prosecuting her, but she should repay the cost of searching for Caylee when she knew all along she was dead. If Casey has to pay for the State prosecuting her, I think every time they prosecute someone and lose the defendant should have to pay the State for prosecuting THEM, which is totally RIDICULOUS.

BBM

..the state didn't come up with this for "special" kc-----it's in the Florida Statute.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/MST13B6.pdf
-2011.07.06 State of Florida's Motion for Special Court Costs & Investigation:
"Florida Statute 938.27(1) provides that in ALL criminal cases the cost of prosecution, including investigative costs by law enforcement agencies, shall be included and entered in the judgement.

A mandatory minimum is set at $100 per case for a felony and $50 per case for a misdemeanor----the Statute also states that the Court may set a higher amount upon a showing of sufficient proof of higher costs incurred. FS 938.27(7) 938.27(8).

..and-----LDB filed for these additional costs, not b/c they "lost"----this is for additional costs on the lying convictions.

( the 4 counts that they "won" on. )

..had the defendant NOT lied in the 1st place ( just admitted 'that child' drowned on june 16th ) these additional costs would NEVER have been incurred by LE and the prosecution would also not have racked up cost$$$$ ( beyond 'the normal' $50 per misdemeanor for prosecuting a liar )----- to prosecute her for murder 1.

..therefore---there were "higher costs incurred", there IS proof of those costs-----and LDB is going after the defendant to pay those additional amounts.

..they can't go after someone found NG of a crime ( b/c then of course there is no judgement)----but if found Guilty, it pretty much means that it was the criminal's OWN fault that prosecution/investigation happened at all.

..i'm sure this isn't the 1st time the cost of prosecution/investigation has exceeded the mandatory minimum and the SAO has sought/received an additional monetary award to the judgement.

I agree and then at that point, the question needs to be asked is:

Will this truly be over for many people then? All you'll have at that point is trying to figure out where she is and waiting to see if she will screw up (next week, next month, next 5 years, etc). I personally think the media will finally move on unless some interview comes their way.

Originally Posted by snowdaze
Wow, you were reading my mind. I also do not live in Florida, but if I were a taxpaying citizen in this state I'd be up in arms at election time. What a fiasco this whole case has become. And the eyes of the world are watching. The judicial system in Florida has become something that you shouldn't be too proud of. IMO [Quote

Unfortunately the citizens of Orlando have no one to blame but themselves. Some of them were the ones who were out the protesting in front of the A's home which gave JB the perfect opportunity to ask for a change of venue. JB was always in front of the camera. Blaming the justice system will not change what happen nor will it prevent it from happening again regardless of who is voted into office. It's not the elected officials of the State who sold pictures of the victum making it a national network's incentive to push the story nationwide to recoup their investment.....it was the defense team. Citizens of Orlando should be voicing their outrage to their State Representative. jmo

If this were the case couldn't the judge just as well have ruled on that on Friday? jmo

I agree and then at that point, the question needs to be asked is:

Will this truly be over for many people then? All you'll have at that point is trying to figure out where she is and waiting to see if she will screw up (next week, next month, next 5 years, etc). I personally think the media will finally move on unless some interview comes their way.

The DT is going to continue this whole mess, making even more as they go along, by appealing every ruling. They need this to keep dragging on so that they can cash in each & every story.

If this were the case couldn't the judge just as well have ruled on that on Friday? jmo

I am racking my brain for specifics but I thought there was at least one other instance where JP did not make a decision right away but still ended up finding for the DT.

imo it's very obviously a situation that needs research either way. i certainly wouldn't want a judge ruling blindly in a court of law :)

I am racking my brain for specifics but I thought there was at least one other instance where JP did not make a decision right away but still ended up finding for the DT.

Oh, I'm sure there was. I just thought it was strange that prior to the hearing the SA said they would have nothing to say during this hearing and when the hearing takes place FG had plenty to say. Remember we all felt without SA's input it would be one sided and the judge would probably just find in favor of defense. We shall soon see. I think probation would do her good and could help her get back into society's mainstream in Orlando. But apparently she loves her new livestyle. Wait till the ball drops. JB's not going to hold onto her forever. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid