Will Casey make a deal if told they are going for death penalty?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Deal or no Deal ? that's the question! Poll here...

• Yes I feel strongly about it!

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Yes I feel perhaps she may do this.

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Yes I feel it is slightly probably.

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Maybe, but they may want to see what other evidence is there first.

Votes: 38 15.1%
  • Maybe, but I'm not too sure.

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Maybe, just maybe.

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • I don't think so, unless there is stonger evidence than what we've seen so far.

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • I don't think, but I just can't get her.

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • I Don't think so.

Votes: 26 10.3%
  • HE!! NO! She thinks she is innocent!

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • He!! NO! She really believes her own lies!

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • He!! NO!

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • He!! No! She is innocent because Caylee is still alive so why deal?

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • He!! No! They have the wrong Casey!

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
IMO Casey will never testify in court because she will never stand up under cross-examination she would have to explain too many lies and would be found gulity by a jury of her peers (i truly do wish that she would testify because that would do her in) but she will not take the stand...unless she is crazy and doesn't listen to JB

I actually agree with you about that and was being sarcastic about the Day of Our Great Epiphany when Ca explains it all to us. What I really expect is a "they haven't proved their case" defense. Try to keep alive the idea that Caylee is alive, try to cast doubt on the scientific evidence, cross-examine her friends and try to implicate them in spurious ways. I hope, though, that they call all the A's as witnesses and that the prosecutors have a gang of tireless, skilled cross-examiners. Heavy lifting.

I dont think so, I think she will deny till the very end. She doesnt use her brain like a normal person, she doesnt think about the end result, only the exact here and now and doesnt seem to be too in touch with actual reality.

So true..........as evidenced by the fact that she went on her shopping sprees with stolen checks. She certainly should have known that Amy would check her statement and eventually see her signature on those checks to Target, Winn-Dixie, and to herself. Her only thought was for the 'here and now" as you stated.

Quote: I take it to mean that he should have convinced her that telling the truth about Caylee in exchange for a deal would be in her best interests in the long run.

YATHINK...! ITA JB's inexperienced w DP and may have advised her poorly (re limited immunity, or whatever). Some believe "that train has left the station." But I believe it is still in everyone's best interests to offer life for a location that leads to recovery of Caylee's remains. JMO

I agree with you. I don't see any traction in the direction JB appears to heading with her case at this point.

I posted before (on a different thread) but received no response. More than saving her own skin, I believe it is her mother CA whom KC's lies are intended to protect from the truth. For this reason I continue wondering if she wouldn't, in fact, rather face the full force of the State of Florida, whatever that may bring, than to admit negligence--and face her mother's wrath. We shall see what else the State prosecution has but with or without Caylee's body, the one thing it must have in order to proceed with the charge of murder is a working theory. For KC to effectively deny or defend against charges that Caylee's death was intentional and pre-meditated would seem to require ultimately an admission of guilt to nearly every other charge she presumably will face--including but not limited to the neglect and false statements with which she is already charged but obstruction, tampering and destruction of evidence, abuse of a corpse et al. Which is itself a HUGE gamble but got me to wondering how many years she would be facing in FL just on these charges? Who knows what else the State has or what FL may feel can possibly prove this or another premeditation scenario. But it all brings me to this: IF it was instead initially a drowning negligence scenario, covered up by KC--what would charges have been, if any? Please just bear with me and someone kindly explain, usually are charges brought against the parent(s) of a toddler who wanders into a pool while poorly supervised, eg? (This may prove to be a mute point I realize, but I'm asking because I believe I've heard of situations in which parents who report are not even charged.) Which, were it the case, ie chloroform searches postdated Caylee's presumed death etc Casey may never have been held legally culpable--had she never in turn concealed, lied, tampered (nor gone on stealing binges). Also because, in this scenario, she likely destroyed the only evidence which could have proven this. JMHO

Incidentally, the son of singer Steven Curtis Chapman eg, who this year tragically backed up his SUV over his baby sister, killing her, was never charged by LE. Not only did this scene occur I believe with witnesses present but the young man in this case was raised with both accountability, and support from family so had the strength and courage to face his responsibility. While no charges were ever filed, he will nevertheless live with the heartbreaking consequences of his negligence (some would say reckless endangerment) and it's impact upon the rest of his family, for the rest of his life. Those who have been taught the discipline, courage, honesty and responsibility to step forward and acknowledge rather than hide the truth about accidents or mistakes regardless of how grievous in some cases require no further punishment. But not everyone has. JMO

:behindbar As I have stated before, the only deal she should be offered is if you tell us where she is we will give you the needle, if you don't we will give you the chair.
I agree with all of you who said she won't tell because she is more afraid of disappointing Cindy in her lack of care for Caylee, than she is the DP.
Maybe spending time in jail until her trial will let her get a new mind set & she will realize her mother is nothing to fear. :behindbar

In the end then even KC's self-centeredness, all of this goes back to or appears the ultimate consequence and exhorbitant price of raising a child to be so fiercely dependent upon her mother's approval; never allowing her to suffer and experience the rewards of discipline; rather modeling, and rewarding, deception. JMHO

I feel that by the time KC realizes she's in over her head it will be much too late.

Casey will not take a deal. She thinks that she can fool a jury, she couldn't fool the police, but she will think that she can fool 12 regular people. She'll take it to trial with her smirk still in place.

I think that Casey may get the death penalty but she won't do a deal because she thinks she can get away with this and she thinks Jose will rescue her. She is very mistaken.

I was reading thru several cases of people on death row, including women. There was far LESS evidence in those cases than this one and these people were already executed or they are sitting on death row. I was surprised at the little evidence in some of them and what they were convicted of. Casey is going to go down. Look at Scott Peterson for instance. all they had was a hair in a pliers that could have gotten there any ol time. But it was all just circumstantial evidence that got him convicted and people on the jury using their common sense. If there is ANY evidence at all of Casey planning this baby's demise, she will get the DP. That chloroform search beforehand and the search for missing children cases is going to put her away forever, if not give her the big injection. But she isn't too bright and thinks she can get away with this.

Quote: If there is ANY evidence at all of Casey planning this baby's demise, she will get the DP. That chloroform search beforehand and the search for missing children cases is going to put her away forever...

And that, when it comes to conviction and sentencing, is a HUGE "IF."

She will NEVER talk...Everything has been taken care of for her in the past why would she think any thing is different now, someone else will take the punishment for her. She thinks she's too HOT to stay in jail.

Comparisons have been made of Casey to Scott Peterson. He was offered the same deal early on and he thumbed his nose at it too. If a deal was offered later, it was never known and look where he is. JB doesn't want a deal - he wants to make his name on this case. He has NEVER acted in the best interest of his client imo.

Jose B is not going to be the main attorny in her case by law he had to bring in an attorny who has experience with death penalty trials, and if this new lawyer has any brains (unlike beaz) they will wait until they get the discovery and at that time they may ask for a deal, the state is not the only one that can put a deal out there.

I personally think she will talk especially with this new attorny in the picture, and if they advise her to make a deal, but like i said they are gonna wait to see what the prosecutors have and go from there.

some of the most hard core criminals have broke when the end of the line was near, and as callus as kc is she's not as hard core as others out there, so i feel she will talk.

Does anyone have any insight on who exactly is going to pay for this potential death penalty defense? I can't imagine they are really going to defend her pro bono, when this case could end up costing into the millions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back