Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally, judges won't allow "tag-team" questioning.

I figured that was that was the answer. Still, if the judge would allow it, I'd love to see the both of them question her on the stand. That would be a show! Too bad only one of them is able to question her, lol.

I figured that was that was the answer. Still, if the judge would allow it, I'd love to see the both of them question her on the stand. That would be a show! Too bad only one of them is able to question her, lol.

I think that was mentioned as one of the rules of his court when HHJP replaced HHJS. Only one lawyer examines or cross examines a given witness. You can't switch off or tag team. You can alternate Lawer A takes first witness, lawyer B takes second etc, but once one starts with a witness they have to finish it. No trades excepting highly unusual circumstances (ie CM suddenly throwing chest pains mid trial)

Not sure if this comment really fits here, but it brought to mind something for me. All these many months (years) it appears that ICA has enjoyed her regularly scheduled "cameos" as he enters the courtroom for hearings. She doesn't appear (IMHO) to be focusing on the facts of the case, or be least bit concerned with any of the details, except when they pertain to her directly, etc.

But, I'm wondering if, as the actual trial nears and this interim fantasy period comes to a close, if any reality at all is setting in for her - if the whirlwind of self-perceived celebrity status is waning at all in her mind? If she even realizes the reality of this fantasy phase where she's not officially charged is coming to an end and a definite guilty/not guilty decision will be made. Does any reality at all ever cross her mind - or is she happy to live in the world she's created in her mind?

Mods - Please feel free to move this if there's a thread you feel is more apropriate. Thank you!

I don't think she will testify and I don't think the Court case will cause her any real concerns. I think she views it as her starring role, all those cameras on her all day. The thing that will occupy most of her thoughts will be if her hair and make-up look good on screen, she's too superficial to get upset over trivia like post mortem photos...

I voted no ... but only because she will be stopped by her attorneys ...

I will however, vote yes for antics and outbursts from her at the defense table ... in a way, thru her actions and demeanor, she will be testifying to her own guilt without even standing up, let alone taking the stand ... JMO

I think that was mentioned as one of the rules of his court when HHJP replaced HHJS. Only one lawyer examines or cross examines a given witness. You can't switch off or tag team. You can alternate Lawer A takes first witness, lawyer B takes second etc, but once one starts with a witness they have to finish it. No trades excepting highly unusual circumstances (ie CM suddenly throwing chest pains mid trial)
BP explained this would be the way it was at the hearing on jury selection.

I voted no ... but only because she will be stopped by her attorneys ...

I will however, vote yes for antics and outbursts from her at the defense table ... in a way, thru her actions and demeanor, she will be testifying to her own guilt without even standing up, let alone taking the stand ... JMO

This is what I think too. She is gonna be a mess to control at the defense table. A really serious problem.
2 months is a long time.

I am surprised how many people think she might testify. The only way I think that could happen is if things are looking totally hopeless, then I could envision Cindy - being true to form, thinking she knows more than anyone - overriding the defense attorneys and convincing Casey to take the stand. :dramaqueen:

The next thing we would see would be Jeff Ashton salivating. lol

I don't think Casey should testify but I think she may. ( It would be suicide in my opinion). Casey has a history of telling lies and getting away with it. I'm sure in her mind she thinks she can do it again. What Casey needs to understand is most folks aren't her parents and they will not buy her stories or look the other way. I imagine her strutting up to that stand in and looking very smug.

I agree on Linda. Casey likes men much better than ladies and I can see her getting very angry by being "pushed" in a quiet and secure tone by a female. I also think it will drive her nuts if Caylee gets the spotlight in the case. "All they care about is Caylee!", this trial is about me.

teresa

I voted yes.

I don't think she will take the stand. At the hearings she never seems like she wants to say she didn't do it, or seems to be upset that she is accused. I would think that if she feels she is innocent that she would be jumping at the chance to clear her name. She will be toast if she does testify.

I voted yes as well.
It will be the AHA moment JB promised.
She will say she left home after her mother went berserk and tried to choke her, feared all night for Caylee, snuck back after she was sure Cindy was gone, found George stimulating the Nigerian economy online and Caylee had snuck out and drowned in the pool. Knowing that Cindy would never forgive George, she allowed George to cover up the crime. She was and has been protecting George.
GASP!!!

Actually, I do think she will testify. at least the defense will tease that she will, might...I still believe JB is working on a contingency basis and that he is expecting a big payout from entertainment deals. I do believe he will have his client testify for that reason alone, bigger payout. What has he got to lose? He certainly doesn't care about what happens to her, that is obvious. He has never acted the serious lawyer, it has been one big three ring circus for him, the A's, even Casey.

I voted yes as well.
It will be the AHA moment JB promised.
She will say she left home after her mother went berserk and tried to choke her, feared all night for Caylee, snuck back after she was sure Cindy was gone, found George stimulating the Nigerian economy online and Caylee had snuck out and drowned in the pool. Knowing that Cindy would never forgive George, she allowed George to cover up the crime. She was and has been protecting George.
GASP!!!

Actually, I do think she will testify. at least the defense will tease that she will, might...I still believe JB is working on a contingency basis and that he is expecting a big payout from entertainment deals. I do believe he will have his client testify for that reason alone, bigger payout. What has he got to lose? He certainly doesn't care about what happens to her, that is obvious. He has never acted the serious lawyer, it has been one big three ring circus for him, the A's, even Casey.

BBM

So, so true.

Good point about the bigger payout; he's smarmy enough to sell her out for that.

No way in h e double hockey sticks. Oh, she may really want to, because her history tells her she can explain her way out of anything but there is no way her attorneys will let her. They may not be that bright but they are not that stupid. They will practice with her to show her why it would never work and in the end, she'll do what they say. She trusts them and thinks they're great because they have used psychology to gain her trust. They have come down to her and the Anthony clan's level, bad mouthing the opposition and any witness she dislikes, in a vulgar manner, when in private with her, is my belief. This makes her feel that, like her parents, they are 100% on her side and will do whatever they can to protect her. And I have no doubt she has allowed her parents to speak for her in the past, getting her out of trouble. She's used to that so it won't be hard to convince her to do what they say. But I am convinced she will talk at sentencing. That will be her forum, with no chance of her statements being challenged. It will be interesting but I have no doubt she will never take the stand in her own defense.

I voted yes :whistle:....otherwise....where is the ah huh :desert: moment JB :jester: has promised? :footinmouth:.....it would have to come from KC :lamb: herself to be able to change the story from a dingo :panic: took my baby....ooops :doh: I mean Zanny the Nanny :HHJP: took my baby....to the *truth* :pinocchio:

Just imagine her sitting still, composed, aloof and with her mouth shut as she listens to testimony from:

Jesse Grund
Annie Downing
Amy Huizenga
Brandon Snow
Ryan Pasley
Lauren Gibbs
Richard Grund
Rick Plesea, her uncle
Shirley Plesea, her grandmother
Christopher Stutz
Ricardo Morales
Tony Lazzaro
Jeffrey Hopkins
Mike Kozak, her former boss at Kodak
Troy Brown
Lee Anthony, her beloved, bra-lifting brother
George Anthony, her feckless father
Cindy “It smells like there’s been a dead body in the damn car” Anthony

The list is endless and that’s not even counting the various witnesses from the FBI, LE, OCSO, etc.

I’ve recently listened to the audios/interviews from all of the above and what they have to say isn’t very nice, or pretty or helpful to ICA’s defense.

ALL of them, including George and Lee talk about ICA’s propensity to lie and lie some more. Her own mother attests to her stealing, warns friends to check their bank accounts, tells people ICA is a psychopath and all of these statements, all of these conversations and “truths” will come out in every singles person’s testimony.

Putting her on the stand? How are you going to stop her from going berserk, jumping up out of her seat or screaming at the witnesses? Perhaps some of that unique Henkel duct tape might hold her trap - and her mandible shut!

JA and LDB will be going in well-armed and well-prepared for this trial and won’t really need much help in obtaining a guilty verdict but put her on the stand, I say. Just for the sheer enjoyment of watching her participate in writing her own death sentence.

I love all of the comments!

KC probably believes that if she sticks to her "Zanny" story, she is fine. Heck, she probably has herself convinced that it is true by now.

The defense has been working on "police incompetence" and "prosecutorial witch hunt" from day one and some jurors might believe that. It is a tough job that SA has to prove someone DOESN'T exist. In some people's minds they might just think "Just because you are too incompetent and focussed on my client and haven't found her doesn't mean she doesn't exist."

Ultimately, I don't believe that KC will testify in the guilt/innocence stage, but I do think she will testify in the penalty phase.

I think that LDB should be up asking the questions while crossexamining friends and family - "bad cop". KC is very confrontational with women (representing her relationship with her mother) and JA should do all of the scientific stuff and be the "good cop" whenever possible. KC will be a fine show to watch no matter what...and CA my just jump up from the gallery and "object" a couple of times.

This case surprises me at every turn so I would never bet on anything here, it is risker than Vagas.

I think KC will testify. Heck, she's dead in the water anyway. What does the defense or KC have to lose. IMO this is an indefensible case so the defendant must be heard from.

I voted yes :whistle:....otherwise....where is the ah huh :desert: moment JB :jester: has promised? :footinmouth:.....it would have to come from KC :lamb: herself to be able to change the story from a dingo :panic: took my baby....ooops :doh: I mean Zanny the Nanny :HHJP: took my baby....to the *truth* :pinocchio:

:floorlaugh:
Or in this case, "A dingbat stole my baby."

Something else. As far as her lawyers being too smart to put her on the witness stand, these are the same brainpies that decided it would be a real spiff idea to place each other under oath when trying to get indigent status. I will never forget when JB willingly went under oath. I thought, "Oh no, he didn't!" Talk about salivating!
But, he did and allowed himself to be grilled by Mr. George. And JB thought he was slick enough, too.
Just a thought...

snip

I do think that Casey will lose it during trial... maybe more than once. I think she won't be able to help herself from becoming irritated when people speak of Caylee so highly... and her as... well... her. She will be confronted with everything that she is... and everything that she isn't. Will she lose it enough to want to take the stand???

BBM That is a most excellent thought, LolaMoon. While I don't think she will, I think you nailed the reason why she could decide to take the stand. I think you've voiced a pivotal part of KC's sense of herself. Can she withstand trying to show people that she is much more important than Caylee?

I voted that she would not take the stand.
I mean come on!! For her to take the stand, she would have to be one of the the most egotistical, self-indulgent, narcissistic, egotistical , truth-denying, maniacal, psychopathic human beings ever.

Wait…. Anyone know how to change your vote?:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member