Will he get bail?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the recent order with regard to liquidating assets is to preclude BC from having the ability to use his assets as collateral for bond.[/QUOTE]

You know, I never thought of that! Brilliant, Maja!

It is always amazing to me how cruel people are when they make up their mind that someone is guilty without evidence. He may very well be guilty, but there still has been so little released to the public that it is still all based on the court of public opinion. Yes, some feel that what the friends say is totally above reproach and the Gospel. Sight unseen, it must be true, her friends said so....All saints...I'm sure...If he is innocent and at some point can be proven, what a sad situation for all involved. If he is guilty, then I suppose he will get what is coming to him. But if he is not....wow...people never cease to amaze me....

RWeSafe, your tone throughout the whole time since Nancy's murder has been the same as this post from you. And "..people never cease to amaze..." you still? Well, you did say "...never cease...".

People never cease to amaze me in how stupid they are when they murder someone else, as if they couldn't do any better and just walk away, control themselves, not strangle someone to death, not beat them to death, you know?

Are you a friend of Brad Cooper's, or his family? I mean, I've sensed the recurring tone from you all along, almost bitter in the past, sort of chastising others for even thinking he may be guilty. Can you explain that?

As with your user name, RWESAFE, I know that no one is really safe. One never knows in what ways humans will never cease to amaze other humans by hurting them, killing them, stealing from them. I don't think we'd be wasting our time here if the odds weren't pointing toward guilty for BC.

Like someone else said on this board, I don't think I'd have wanted (personally) to be friends with either BC or NC. When it comes to murder however, I want to make sure I'm keeping myself as informed as possible. I want the perpetrator to reap what they have sown, to be reminded that whether Canadian or American, taking another's life is not okay, morally or legally.

RWESAFE? Well, to answer that, there will always be other killers and abusers right behind Bradley Cooper and Jason Young. No. We ain't safe as long as there are those humans who can't control themselves, even though they try to control others. We aren't safe on the planet for that matter, you know...nuclear weapons, pollution, crime. Only thing we can do is to live each day, look over our shoulder and try to do the right thing I s'pose. JMO:)

PS: I agree, Bradley Cooper isn't in jail on the voice of "public opinion". Nancy's friends nor Websleuths nor any other "public opinions" have any power over the law.
:Banane36::cry::Justice:

RWeSafe, your tone throughout the whole time since Nancy's murder has been the same as this post from you. And "..people never cease to amaze..." you still? Well, you did say "...never cease...".

People never cease to amaze me in how stupid they are when they murder someone else, as if they couldn't do any better and just walk away, control themselves, not strangle someone to death, not beat them to death, you know?

Are you a friend of Brad Cooper's, or his family? I mean, I've sensed the recurring tone from you all along, almost bitter in the past, sort of chastising others for even thinking he may be guilty. Can you explain that?

As with your user name, RWESAFE, I know that no one is really safe. One never knows in what ways humans will never cease to amaze other humans by hurting them, killing them, stealing from them. I don't think we'd be wasting our time here if the odds weren't pointing toward guilty for BC.

Like someone else said on this board, I don't think I'd have wanted (personally) to be friends with either BC or NC. When it comes to murder however, I want to make sure I'm keeping myself as informed as possible. I want the perpetrator to reap what they have sown, to be reminded that whether Canadian or American, taking another's life is not okay, morally or legally.

RWESAFE? Well, to answer that, there will always be other killers and abusers right behind Bradley Cooper and Jason Young. No. We ain't safe as long as there are those humans who can't control themselves, even though they try to control others. We aren't safe on the planet for that matter, you know...nuclear weapons, pollution, crime. Only thing we can do is to live each day, look over our shoulder and try to do the right thing I s'pose. JMO:)

PS: I agree, Bradley Cooper isn't in jail on the voice of "public opinion". Nancy's friends nor Websleuths nor any other "public opinions" have any power over the law.
:Banane36::cry::Justice:

I spent an hour of my life last night responding to that post, and then deleted it because I didn't want to get in a useless argument, but you said it better than I did. Thanks PC.

Well, we don't know what evidence they have to have arrested him. It's all speculation at this point. They could have a rock solid case...or they could have circumstantial evidence and decided to move forward any ways. Some people on here act like they only time this DA has someone arrested is if they have a guaranteed conviction. I'm curious...what is the conviction rate for this DA? Is it 100%?

Yes, as I mentioned above, we still do not know all the details of the case. However, as others have mentioned, I do not think that Nancy's friends views have anything to do with BC's arrest. That is my main point.

It does look like Brad is guilty to me, but I also know that we still have a lot to learn.

I'm sure it must be hard being close to the defendant and wanting with all your heart for him to be out of that jail cell immediately and of course, be innocent.

But Rwesafe, most of us have no personal/emotional connection to the suspect or the victim, we are not looking at this case the exact same way an intimate or family member or friend might. We can only imagine the pain on both sides of the fence, but we don't feel it (as) personally. And someone who is friends with or involved in the life of the suspect and expecting others to see the case the same way is not exactly fair, nor realistic, and probably will guarantee frustration.

Looking at the evidence that is known so far, looking at Brad as the suspect (and only suspect), discussing, debating, mulling over, and seeing signs that appear to point towards guilt based on what is being looked at so far is not being cruel either. No, we don't have the full picture, and no one is saying we do. But neither is there any personal emotion coloring the view as it would be if we knew the defendant. That kind of emotional distance allows more objectivity by its very nature.

Discussing details of a murder case is also not cruel--it's what people have done through all of time. You see doing so akin to declaring him guilty, but regardless of what anyone here thinks and how strongly they think it, even if they scream from a mountaintop that BC is guilty in their eyes, his case will ultimately stand or fall on evidence, facts, within a judge's rules, in a courtroom, and by a jury. It won't be decided by hearsay, rumors, blogs or anything else.

Will the DA be able to prove his case? Perhaps; perhaps not. He's got a good track record and is one of the more conservative DAs. Does he have 'enough' evidence to say who did it for sure and prove it? He seems to think so, but he's not going to share that info with the general public. Notice that he's not playing games or posturing or holding press conferences or anything of that ilk. Cards are held close to the vest and that's the way it plays in his jurisdiction.

BTW, just to compare strength of a case, take a look at all the evidence amassed so far in the Michelle Young murder case. Same DA as in the Cooper case. Read the Young SWs and what was found. There's a LOT of evidence already that points to one person and yet the DA has not moved forward on that case and it's been over 2 years now. That should tell you something right there.

You can be amazed at the range of opinions and the fact that some people do see him as guilty with no ifs, ands, or buts, but that is not unusual; conversely, there may be some who will never see him as a perpetrator of this crime no matter what evidence may exist. There's only one right answer and that is where the truth is. The only question is: do you want the truth no matter where it leads?

You can be amazed at the range of opinions and the fact that some people do see him as guilty with no ifs, ands, or buts, but that is not unusual; conversely, there may be some who will never see him as a perpetrator of this crime no matter what evidence may exist. There's only one right answer and that is where the truth is. The only question is: do you want the truth no matter where it leads?

And that is why Lady Justice is blind, and holds the Scales of Justice in one hand, and the Sword of power in the other.

We don't know if indeed BC is guilty - that is for our judicial system to determine. There have been certain actions and inactions by those involved in this case, and evidence collected by law enforcement (some of which has been revealed to us - and plenty not) that has lead LE to determine that it would be just to have BC stand accused before the citizenry and defend himself against those accusations. That is a public action, open to discussion. And it is discussed not only on this forum and others, but also among the citizens of Cary and Raleigh. And that is a good thing. A very good thing, in fact. For this is a country that embraces free speech.

We also have the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Which someone took from Nancy Cooper. And Justice in our country cries out and demands that whoever deprived her of her rights to live, to enjoy and nurture her children as they grow, to share in her friendships which were strong and deep, to be a daughter honoring her parents and sharing in the family circle of love and mutual support, that that person responsible for depriving Nancy Cooper of her life, answer for his actions.

Where is the cruelty? The cruelty is in being made to feel worthless and smaller than small, to be helpless, to being put to death by one who has absolutely no right to do so. Two children, not yet at the age of understanding, who will never have their mother's love again. Their losses will leave holes forever in their souls that nothing will ever be able to fill.

There's the cruelty.

Yes, as I mentioned above, we still do not know all the details of the case. However, as others have mentioned, I do not think that Nancy's friends views have anything to do with BC's arrest. That is my main point.

It does look like Brad is guilty to me, but I also know that we still have a lot to learn.

He very well could be, and probably is guilty. My point is that the assumption here is that this DA never takes a case to trial unless they are assured of the outcome...probably because of the inaction in the Jason Young case. So that must mean BC is guilty because the DA has to have an open/shut case. I'm honestly curious about the DAs conviction rate for murder and overall.

I'm sure it must be hard being close to the defendant and wanting with all your heart for him to be out of that jail cell immediately and of course, be innocent.

I think that it is cruel to wish harm and hardship to anyone. If you are 100% convinced that BC did it and wishing him a swift and painful death or a life of confinement and the physical violations that are inherent in the prison system is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy and you feel that it will vindicate the death of NC and prevent his children from ever being harmed by him, that is your choice. It does not have to be mine. My only point is that I personally, because the public has not been informed, seen or read anything that would make me wish him harm or death. If he did do it, I trust our system will see to his due punishment.

I will clarify, however, that the only people I know personally in this case are a few of NC's friends. I have never met NC nor BC personally. I have only seen pictures from events that the friends we had in common have shared with me. I otherwise have no vested interest in this case.

I think that it is cruel to wish harm and hardship to anyone. If you are 100% convinced that BC did it and wishing him a swift and painful death or a life of confinement and the physical violations that are inherent in the prison system is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy and you feel that it will vindicate the death of NC and prevent his children from ever being harmed by him, that is your choice. It does not have to be mine. My only point is that I personally, because the public has not been informed, seen or read anything that would make me wish him harm or death. If he did do it, I trust our system will see to his due punishment.

I will clarify, however, that the only people I know personally in this case are a few of NC's friends. I have never met NC nor BC personally. I have only seen pictures from events that the friends we had in common have shared with me. I otherwise have no vested interest in this case.

Yes, it is our choice and yes, I do believe he is 110% guilty. Yes I do wish BC a lifetime of confinement with physical violations, but no it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Quite the contrary, it makes me feel there is justice in this world if he does indeed get what's coming to him for ending Nancy's life and taking away Bella and Katie's mother and forever changing their lives.

He will get his punishment......this I believe without any doubt or reservation. Until they are adults, the girls should not see the murderer of their mother IMO. As adults, it should be their choice as to whether or not they want to visit him at Central.

As for being cruel, what BC did to Nancy was beyond cruel.......there aren't enough words to describe what his actions caused Nancy and her girls.

But Rwesafe, most of us have no personal/emotional connection to the suspect or the victim, we are not looking at this case the exact same way an intimate or family member or friend might. We can only imagine the pain on both sides of the fence, but we don't feel it (as) personally. And someone who is friends with or involved in the life of the suspect and expecting others to see the case the same way is not exactly fair, nor realistic, and probably will guarantee frustration.

Looking at the evidence that is known so far, looking at Brad as the suspect (and only suspect), discussing, debating, mulling over, and seeing signs that appear to point towards guilt based on what is being looked at so far is not being cruel either. No, we don't have the full picture, and no one is saying we do. But neither is there any personal emotion coloring the view as it would be if we knew the defendant. That kind of emotional distance allows more objectivity by its very nature.

Discussing details of a murder case is also not cruel--it's what people have done through all of time. You see doing so akin to declaring him guilty, but regardless of what anyone here thinks and how strongly they think it, even if they scream from a mountaintop that BC is guilty in their eyes, his case will ultimately stand or fall on evidence, facts, within a judge's rules, in a courtroom, and by a jury. It won't be decided by hearsay, rumors, blogs or anything else.

Will the DA be able to prove his case? Perhaps; perhaps not. He's got a good track record and is one of the more conservative DAs. Does he have 'enough' evidence to say who did it for sure and prove it? He seems to think so, but he's not going to share that info with the general public. Notice that he's not playing games or posturing or holding press conferences or anything of that ilk. Cards are held close to the vest and that's the way it plays in his jurisdiction.

BTW, just to compare strength of a case, take a look at all the evidence amassed so far in the Michelle Young murder case. Same DA as in the Cooper case. Read the Young SWs and what was found. There's a LOT of evidence already that points to one person and yet the DA has not moved forward on that case and it's been over 2 years now. That should tell you something right there.

:clap::clap::clap:

Completely Awesome Post SG!

CyberPro

I think that it is cruel to wish harm and hardship to anyone. If you are 100% convinced that BC did it and wishing him a swift and painful death or a life of confinement and the physical violations that are inherent in the prison system is what makes you feel warm and fuzzy and you feel that it will vindicate the death of NC and prevent his children from ever being harmed by him, that is your choice.

Nice hyperbole, but there is nothing in this case to give anyone 'warm and fuzzy' feelings. Two little girls lost their mother forever, and probably their father too. A young mother's life was snuffed out. A husband sits in jail awaiting prosecution for first-degree murder. Two families have been devastated, as well as friends, the community, etc. That you think anyone could feel 'good' about the situation is unfortunate. I doubt anyone does, though there is probably palpable relief that this case has moved forward and NC's murder was not 'random' so that others need to be worried.

My only point is that I personally, because the public has not been informed, seen or read anything that would make me wish him harm or death. If he did do it, I trust our system will see to his due punishment.

I respect you not wishing him or anyone harm, but that wasn't your original point. I wish no one harm either. However, your original point was that you were aghast that some people were considering him 'guilty' at this juncture and saying so, and also "listening to the friends of the victim," which you consider wild rumors. It's been pointed out that any statements considered 'hearsay' will not determine the outcome of this case. I don't know if you believe that or not, but it happens to be true.

Fair enough. Your heightened emotions and strong slant towards BC in all your posts are such that one can see a bias towards one party over the other, whether that was your intent or not. Such strong emotions tend to suggest a personal affiliation with the defendant.

He very well could be, and probably is guilty. My point is that the assumption here is that this DA never takes a case to trial unless they are assured of the outcome...probably because of the inaction in the Jason Young case. So that must mean BC is guilty because the DA has to have an open/shut case. I'm honestly curious about the DAs conviction rate for murder and overall.

That isn't the assumption: the assumption is that this particular DA is one who won't take a big risk in bringing charges unless HE FEELS he has 'enough evidence' to present the case to a jury. No outcome is ever guaranteed. It's recognizing the significance (and assuming there is real evidence and not just 'hearsay') given the DA's beliefs, and given the slow/cautious nature of this DA to bring charges in general.

...the assumption is that this particular DA is one who won't take a big risk in bringing charges unless HE FEELS he has 'enough evidence' to present the case to a jury...

My take on ncsu's question is: (just out of curiosity) historically, how often has this particular DA been correct in his assessment that 'enough evidence' has been gathered.

That seems a reasonable question to be curious about...

If the DA is conservative in moving to trial, and has a strong conviction rate, that's one thing. If he's conservative in moving to trial, but yet still ends up with a very low conviction rate anyway, that's another. How does Wake County's percentage conviction rate compare against other county's. It seems a reasonable question to be curious about (to me).

Fair enough. Your heightened emotions and strong slant towards BC in all your posts are such that one can see a bias towards one party over the other, whether that was your intent or not. Such strong emotions tend to suggest a personal affiliation with the defendant.

My emotions are not heightened and my hope that all people are given the presumption of innocense until proven guilty by a jury of his/her peers, in a court of law hardly makes my position strongly slanted towards BC. I have never once said that BC did not do it. I have always maintained that he could have, I just have not seen anything to date that has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt. Bias towards one party over the other? What other party are you referring to?

I've been trying to google Wake County's conviction rate, Colin Willoughby's conviction rate, and the like and have been unsuccessful so far. I suspect you won't see real published rates until an election year. ;-)

I'd also like to make sure we were only looking at conviction rates for violent crime, etc. I don't want petty larceny, speeding, and check fraud mixed in. And - do plea agreements count towards the rate? (They should, as you end up with a defendant essentially pleading and admitting guilt)

Anyone know where such statistics might be kept and published? Surely they are out there.....

Anyone know where such statistics might be kept and published? Surely they are out there.....

I spent some time yesterday looking too, Raleigh, and came up empty-handed. Stats must exist somewhere.

My emotions are not heightened and my hope that all people are given the presumption of innocense until proven guilty by a jury of his/her peers, in a court of law hardly makes my position strongly slanted towards BC. I have never once said that BC did not do it. I have always maintained that he could have, I just have not seen anything to date that has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt. Bias towards one party over the other? What other party are you referring to?

rwesafe, I think that everyone would agree that Brad has a right to a trial, and that he will not be given a 'guilty verdict' until a jury has made that decision. In a preliminary way, a grand jury has done that job, although we certainly do not know the details. This certainly does indicate that the case is moving in a certain direction and that would suggest that BC may be guilty. We are following the case on this board, so when we speculate about the possibility that he is guilty, this is in response to developments in the case.

The other party would be NC's friends and supporters. Whether you notice this or not, you have been very biased in your treatment of these people. I think that is partly what SG is pointing to in her post. And you have done this all along, at times hinting that a specific person from this camp may be more deeply involved in the crime. That was certainly unjustified speculation on your part. I would hope that your wish to cause no harm would also be extended here.

I personally think that it is unfair to continually suggest that NC's friends are lying, particularly since it has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the case at this point. They have been true friends to NC in my opinion.

JMHO

rwesafe, I think that everyone would agree that Brad has a right to a trial, and that he will not be given a 'guilty verdict' until a jury has made that decision. In a preliminary way, a grand jury has done that job, although we certainly do not know the details. This certainly does indicate that the case is moving in a certain direction and that would suggest that BC may be guilty. We are following the case on this board, so when we speculate about the possibility that he is guilty, this is in response to developments in the case.

The other party would be NC's friends and supporters. Whether you notice this or not, you have been very biased in your treatment of these people. I think that is partly what SG is pointing to in her post. And you have done this all along, at times hinting that a specific person from this camp may be more deeply involved in the crime. That was certainly unjustified speculation on your part. I would hope that your wish to cause no harm would also be extended here.

I personally think that it is unfair to continually suggest that NC's friends are lying, particularly since it has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the case at this point. They have been true friends to NC in my opinion.

JMHO

I have not been biased toward the treatment of "these people" as I have not treated them at all. I am friends with one of "these people" and that person has been shown nothing but my compassion and respect in regards to this situation. I have never once suggested that her friends are lying, only that her friends can only relay what was told to them and that even in the custody hearing, none of them had witnessed what was told to them with their very own eyes. As for posting about a specific person in this situation, I posted it in a forum labeled "theories" which are definitively based on speculation and have no basis in fact.

NC's friends are not on trial nor is another person charged with the murder of NC. There is no other party in which to show bias. I don't owe it to this board or NC's friends to determine his absolute guilt in the absence of solid evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm