Will ica walk out of court free on thursday?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it wasn't good when the judge quickly leafed past the first page and then again the second never stopping to read until he got to the false information pages at the back. I don't think he could believe his eyes looking once again through the verdict pages.

I don't expect him to give her any deals tomorrow.

I'm confused by the consecutive vs concurent thing in that I don't know if that is totally up to the judge or whether there are guidelines he must follow that determine that. However, I am hoping that she gets one year per count to be served consecutive and that time served can only start from January of last year when she was sentenced for check fraud and given time served for those offenses. I mean, it isn't possible that time served gets to count for both is it? And didn't the judge sentence her in late January to time served at that time on the check fraud charges? So wouldn't that mean that the only time she's been in jail that could be considered time served on these charges would be since January 2010? And wouldn't that mean be only 1 1/2 years so if she got 4 years to be served consecutive, wouldn't that mean she still had 2 1/2 years to go?

I realize that isn't much considering what she is getting away with, but I'm sure hoping that she doesn't walk out free tomorrow. Someone may have asked about this time served regarding the check fraud before as I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but for now, I'm hoping that the time prior to the check fraud sentencing won't count in any sentence she receives tomorrow.

Yes, she can be given 2.5 years to serve out, but there is a basically mandatory 15% or 20% time off for good behavior so that would bring it back to around two years. The check charges are done, that time was served out as of Jan 2010, so you are right, she has 18 months in toward the max of 4 yrs. But several lawyers have said it would be unethical for the judge to give her more of a sentence than others have received for the same charges, so I guess we will see. JP may not care, someone said he is retiring too...

It is confusing. On the check charges I think she got time served. Which would have been about 1.5 years. If the judge gives her 4 years then I am not sure if it starts on day one so that her 1.5 years for check and then these new charges start at the same time or
or if they start now. Or if they start after that last judgement for the check charges.

Sooooo If it starts at day one of her being in jail then she would have about a year left. But they have buy time for good behavior. I don't know how much she has. So it would be maybe 6-8 months? But then if he lumps them all together then no she has served more than the one year since the check charges. So it would be time served again.

She was convicted of the check charges in Jan 2010 and got time served which was around a year and 4 month worth of time (412 days). If he gave her 4 one year consecutive sentences for the lying charges with credit for time served, they would begin from Jan 2010. That would leave her with approx 2.5 years left to serve with the credit given for time served from Jan 2010 til now. Since they have to serve 85% of their sentence in FL, that would leave her with a minimum of 26 months to serve. That's if he gives her the max and they are consecutive sentences. We can only hope!

She will walk free tomorrow. There are more heinous murderers out there. Look up the Anthony Sowell trial. He is so totally evil, it scares me.
For whatever reason, our society does not place as much value on a child's life as an adult. I don't know why, hopefully, we can change it. Dont' give up. This is but a small set back. jmo and all that jazz

I hope she gets a year in general population. But they will prob keep her in protective custody.

I knew it wasn't good when the judge quickly leafed past the first page and then again the second never stopping to read until he got to the false information pages at the back. I don't think he could believe his eyes looking once again through the verdict pages.

Grandmaj...do you really think so? I can't imagine him setting her free tomorrow.

Apparently Bob Kealing thinks she won't be walking out (his sources) but at this point I think it's been pretty well established that no one can predict what's going to happen in this case.

Grandmaj...do you really think so? I can't imagine him setting her free tomorrow.
Just for the seriousness of what she lied about and what those lies cost the state of Florida and the lives that were impacted by the lies, I would hope against hope that he would make her stay on as long as he can possibly hold her, legally, on what charges she has incurred. Since Judge Strickland allowed her sentences to run concurrent on the check charges it is highly likely that Judge Perry may do the same. Concurrent, she walks tomorrow, right? Because that is just a single one year sentence, correct? She may walk and we all have to somehow face it. We knew it the moment we heard not guilty. That's the thing that kicked us in the stomach is her walking away free and clear. It can happen in just a few hours. Let's all just pray that somehow, someway justice will be served up to Miss Got Away with Murder Anthony.

I suppose I'm in the minority on this one, but I've decided that I want her to be released tomorrow, while the verdict is still in the news.

While I'm certainly not condoning any violence towards her, that doesn't mean I particularly mind the thought of an uncomfortable Casey looking over her shoulder for the rest of her bella vita.

I'm on the same page as you are! She's been found not guilty so get her azz out on the street as quick as possible and let her face the music of her beautiful life.
I've got a feeling that when she gets the reception she is assured to her reaction will be something like the last scene of Dangerous Liaisons played so beautifully by Glenn Close.

John Morgan served her with a subpoena yesterday in case she was set free;hr didn't want her to leave the area. She has to appear for a deposition onJuly 19. So he thought she might get out on Thurs. He is protecting his interest in the civil case.

I'm on the same page as you are! She's been found not guilty so get her azz out on the street as quick as possible and let her face the music of her beautiful life.
I've got a feeling that when she gets the reception she is assured to her reaction will be something like the last scene of Dangerous Liaisons played so beautifully by Glenn Close.

Apart from maybe some small dealings with other prisoners, everyone she has spoken to, or dealt with, for the past three years has either been her family (if she has communicated with them), or her legal team, or someone operating in an official capacity who was required to be neutral and/or professional in their dealings with her. She has not had regular interaction with other people in over three years. She may fantasize that acquittal means leaving jail in a blaze of adulation but she is going to a life that is devoid of narcissistic supply. The kind of people whose admiration she craves are going to shun her. People are not going to view her as a friendly, attractive young mother as they once did, they are going to see someone who is widely believed to be a murderer who callously partied while her daughter rotted in her car. She is going to give people the creeps. People will be reluctant to let her anywhere near their family, or their money, or their home. Remember OJ playing on public golf courses because no clubs would have him as a member? She will have her equivalencies. And anyone she does have around her, won't stick around, because they never do once they find out who she is.

I dunno, for some reason, I do not see HJBP going easy on her. I think he will give her the max and make her serve out the remainder of her 2 years. Crossing my fingers and toes.

I thought that is what it stood for all along.

ICA has stood for INMATE Casey Anthony. So that CA could stand for Cindy Anthony without confusion.

Inmate Casey was a very accurate and fair representation of Casey. Now it will not be if she is released.

I have always simply called her Casey and I will continue to do so.

KC is also shorthand for Casey.

She doesn't have a Driver's license, either. How is she going to get a plane ticket or passport without an ID?

I wonder if it has occurred to any media personnel to keep an eye on the DMV?

Oh yes Grandmaj...I too had a sick feeling as I watched Judge Perry flip through the verdict form. How sad!!

IF HHJP sentences ICA to serve the rest of time.. would it be in orange county jail still? or would she go to prison?? I actually hope he does send her to prison .. even if its just a year. and in general population.

I'm calling her Casey Anthony from now on, so when she googles herself (she loves to do that, LOL ) she can read all about herself here.

After seeing HHJP sentence the finger extender to 6 days in the clink, I'm leaning towards him keeping her in jail for a while.

From what I understand, she can be sentenced to an additional 18 months.

ETA -- Casey Marie Anthony in the click, imo, for another 18 months.

After her verdict of not guilty I have no confidence in my ability to predict anything when it concerns ICA :( I want to hope that Judge Perry will chew her out big time and give her the most maximum sentence possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove