Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on stage live at the OSCARS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

4 months of introspection and this is what you've come up with Will? Try dropping the self pity that is still so apparent and maybe you will make some progress in making a genuine apology. MOO

Chris Rock reacts to Will Smith’s apology​

“Everybody is trying to be a *advertiser censored**ing victim,” Rock, 57, said during a gig at Atlanta’s Fox Theater Friday night.

“If everybody claims to be a victim, then nobody will hear the real victims. Even me getting smacked by Suge Smith … I went to work the next day, I got kids.”

“Anyone who says words hurt has never been punched in the face,”

I‘m still disgusted, what crap. Me,me,me.

“Disappointing people is my central trauma.

“I hate when I let people down, so it hurts psychologically and emotionally to know that I didn’t live up to people’s image and impression of me,” he further explained. “The work I’m trying to do is I am deeply remorseful, and I’m trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself.”

Rock has refused to speak to him so far about the moment he deemed “unacceptable.”

“I reached out to Chris, and the message that came back is he’s not ready to talk, but when he is, he will reach out,” Smith said

I‘m still disgusted, what crap. Me,me,me.

“Disappointing people is my central trauma.

“I hate when I let people down, so it hurts psychologically and emotionally to know that I didn’t live up to people’s image and impression of me,” he further explained. “The work I’m trying to do is I am deeply remorseful, and I’m trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself.”

Rock has refused to speak to him so far about the moment he deemed “unacceptable.”

“I reached out to Chris, and the message that came back is he’s not ready to talk, but when he is, he will reach out,” Smith said

IMO .. Rock is a very smart man .. he knows BS when he hears it ;)

Love this take, quoted from the article linked upthread:

Neither the apology or timing impressed crisis and PR expert Eric Schiffer, who called it “bizarre, strange and grossly over-rehearsed.”

“It came across like he was doing a confessional in some closed room in a foreign country in order to escape the regime,” said Schiffer, chairman and CEO of Patriarch Equity and chairman of Reputation Management Consultants.

(Maybe he could make a movie with Amber Heard, let's see who will financially back that & who will buy tickets. Include Alec Baldwin if you like....)

jmho ymmv lrr

I was bored so....

Will Smith's apology video

Question - Why didn't you apologise to Chris in your acceptance speech?

Will - I was fogged out by that point. It's all fuzzy. I've reached out to Chris and the message that came back is that he's not ready to talk and when he is, he will reach out. So, I will say to you Chris, 'I apologise to you. My behaviour was unacceptable and I'm here whenever you're ready to talk.'

I want to apologise to Chris's mother. I saw an interview that Chris's mother did and you know, that was one of the things about that moment I just didn't realise, and you know I wasn't thinking about how many people who got hurt in that moment. So, I want to apologise to Chris's mother. I want to apologise to Chris's family, specifically Tony Rock. You know, we had a great relationship. You know, Tony Rock was my man and this is probably irreparable.

I spent the last three months replaying and understanding the nuances and the complexities of what happened in that moment. And I'm not going to try to unpack all of that right now, but I can say to all of you, there is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment. There's no part of me that thinks that's the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect or insults.

Question - After Jada rolled her eyes did she tell you to do something?

Will - No. (laughs incredulously). It's like, I made a choice on my own, from my own experiences, from my history with Chris. Jada had nothing to do with it. I'm sorry babe. I wanna say sorry to my kids and my family, for the heat that I brought on all of us. To all my fellow nominees, you know, this is a community, it's like I won because you voted for me. And it really breaks my heart to have stolen and tarnished your moment. I can still see Quest Love's eyes. It happened on Quest Love's award, you know, it's like I'm sorry really isn't sufficient.

Question - What would you say to the people who looked up to you before the slap or people who expressed that you let them down?

Will - So, there's two things, 1. Disappointing people is my central trauma. I hate when I let people down. So, it hurts me psychologically and emotionally to know I didn't live up to peoples image and impression of me. And the work I'm trying to do is, I am deeply remorseful. And I'm trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself. Right? I'm human, and I made a mistake, and I'm trying not to think of myself as a piece of s***. So, I would say to those people 'I know it was confusing, I know it was shocking, but I promise you, I am deeply devoted and committed to putting light and love and joy into the world. And, you know, if you hang on, I promise we will be able to be friends again.

I was bored so....

Will Smith's apology video

Question - Why didn't you apologise to Chris in your acceptance speech?

Will - I was fogged out by that point. It's all fuzzy. I've reached out to Chris and the message that came back is that he's not ready to talk and when he is, he will reach out. So, I will say to you Chris, 'I apologise to you. My behaviour was unacceptable and I'm here whenever you're ready to talk.'

I want to apologise to Chris's mother. I saw an interview that Chris's mother did and you know, that was one of the things about that moment I just didn't realise, and you know I wasn't thinking about how many people who got hurt in that moment. So, I want to apologise to Chris's mother. I want to apologise to Chris's family, specifically Tony Rock. You know, we had a great relationship. You know, Tony Rock was my man and this is probably irreparable.

I spent the last three months replaying and understanding the nuances and the complexities of what happened in that moment. And I'm not going to try to unpack all of that right now, but I can say to all of you, there is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment. There's no part of me that thinks that's the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect or insults.

Question - After Jada rolled her eyes did she tell you to do something?

Will - No. (laughs incredulously). It's like, I made a choice on my own, from my own experiences, from my history with Chris. Jada had nothing to do with it. I'm sorry babe. I wanna say sorry to my kids and my family, for the heat that I brought on all of us. To all my fellow nominees, you know, this is a community, it's like I won because you voted for me. And it really breaks my heart to have stolen and tarnished your moment. I can still see Quest Love's eyes. It happened on Quest Love's award, you know, it's like I'm sorry really isn't sufficient.

Question - What would you say to the people who looked up to you before the slap or people who expressed that you let them down?

Will - So, there's two things, 1. Disappointing people is my central trauma. I hate when I let people down. So, it hurts me psychologically and emotionally to know I didn't live up to peoples image and impression of me. And the work I'm trying to do is, I am deeply remorseful. And I'm trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself. Right? I'm human, and I made a mistake, and I'm trying not to think of myself as a piece of s***. So, I would say to those people 'I know it was confusing, I know it was shocking, but I promise you, I am deeply devoted and committed to putting light and love and joy into the world. And, you know, if you hang on, I promise we will be able to be friends again.

Does anyone else think there is a difference between saying "I apologize" and "I'm sorry"? .. The first thing that I noticed is he uses "I apologize" when addressing Chris and Chris's family and then turns to "I'm sorry" when addressing himself and his own family.

A quick google search ...

Is it correct to say apologize?

There is a subtle difference between saying "I'm sorry" and "I apologize". An apology is a formal admission of a wrongdoing. It may or may not be heartfelt — i.e., a person may apologize without feeling remorseful.

Does anyone else think there is a difference between saying "I apologize" and "I'm sorry"? .. The first thing that I noticed is he uses "I apologize" when addressing Chris and Chris's family and then turns to "I'm sorry" when addressing himself and his own family.

A quick google search ...

Is it correct to say apologize?

There is a subtle difference between saying "I'm sorry" and "I apologize". An apology is a formal admission of a wrongdoing. It may or may not be heartfelt — i.e., a person may apologize without feeling remorseful.
Say, for example, I post misinformation on Websleuths I will usually say 'My apologies'. Although, in person if I make a mistake I'll say sorry.

If I've offended or hurt someone in person or online I will typically say 'I'm really sorry'.

So yeah, the google search result kind of fits how I issue an apology.

Say, for example, I post misinformation on Websleuths I will usually say 'My apologies'. Although, in person if I make a mistake I'll say sorry.

If I've offended or hurt someone in person or online I will typically say 'I'm really sorry'.

So yeah, the google search result kind of fits how I issue an apology.

Same here! If I've hurt someone I will say I owe you an apology and I am so sorry ...

IMO this was not much of an apology at all to anyone but himself.

Chris Rock takes aim at Jada Pinkett's affair and unusual marriage to Will Smith: 'She hurt him way more'

"And for people that don't know what everybody know(s)… his wife was f---ing her son's friend, OK? Now, I normally would not talk about this s--- but for some reason, these n----- put that s--- on the Internet."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back