Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

• No

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Yes, if they get a new lead.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Yes, if a new witness comes forward.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't see any reason for the case to be reopened.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
? Is the Dr that was at Maxies beside comforting JS married?

-----from the news thread..."tvscum"..

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15628858/sher ... y-attorney

Lt. Nesbit said the intact cell phone and other items belonging to the victim will be returned "in about one week" to the Zahau family attorney, Anne Bremner. The Seattle-based lawyer wants the cell phone and evidence in the case turned over as soon as possible.

"We going to do everything we can to investigate and have the phone forensically examined," Bremner said.

On Sept. 2, the San Diego County Medical Examiner and the Sheriff's department ruled Zahau's death a suicide, meaning the criminal investigation was officially closed.

As a result, the case file – including police reports and witness statements collected by investigators – will be turned over to the Zahau family in accordance with California Government Code and victims rights laws, Lt. Nesbit said.

Bremner said she is conducting her own review of California law to determine whether the case records can be released to the media after they are obtained by the family.

I think that now that the evidence and case files will be released to the family, they can finally do what they need to do to ask for the case to be reopened....and with the amount of information and discrepancies they have uncovered thus far, without having any of this evidence or files, I really have a feeling that in the end this case will be reopened.

BBM. The case is closed and LE stated weeks ago that they would reopen if there is new evidence. Of course LE has lost interest because it is a closed case. Their job isn't to spend more time on closed cases.

It's unfortunate that the family doesn't accept LE's conclusion but the family's lawyer stated more than a month ago that she would ask for a new investigation and yet she hasn't filed the request.

all, JMO

The request to the AG's office is not simply a letter asking for the case to be re-opened. Do not be fooled by JS's letter to the AG. It was a ridiculous request and a waste of time by JS and his lawyer. IMO it was a PR smokescreen. No AG is going to re-open a case simply because someone feels they need more closure. The AG did not even review the case in any way. The request was instantly refused because this is a matter of law. You can not re-open a case without providing hard evidence to do so. This takes time and careful consideration to collect.

An incredibly detailed mountain of evidence and information compiled by some of the best experts in the field will be presented to the AG's office to re-open this case by AB's team.

Reading the list created here with the pages and pages of reasons the case must be re-opened based on the evidence and information provided by LE and ME to date is overwhelming and compelling. These are hard forensic and investigative facts and details. This will be added to extensively now that AB's team has the case file.

The request will absolutely go to the AG. It is being compiled at this very moment. It will be extensive and thorough. It may take several more months to compile this report.

This is not simply a case of a family unable to accept a suicide. This is a mountain of evidence that has attracted experts from all over the world and some have offered their services free of charge to work on this case.

Will the case be re-opened.... absolutely.

This is not simply a case of a family unable to accept a suicide. This is a mountain of evidence that has attracted experts from all over the world and some have offered their services free of charge to work on this case.

Which experts have offered their services free of charge? TIA

The request to the AG's office is not simply a letter asking for the case to be re-opened. Do not be fooled by JS's letter to the AG. It was a ridiculous request and a waste of time by JS and his lawyer. IMO it was a PR smokescreen. No AG is going to re-open a case simply because someone feels they need more closure. The AG did not even review the case in any way. The request was instantly refused because this is a matter of law. You can not re-open a case without providing hard evidence to do so. This takes time and careful consideration to collect.

An incredibly detailed mountain of evidence and information compiled by some of the best experts in the field will be presented to the AG's office to re-open this case by AB's team.

Reading the list created here with the pages and pages of reasons the case must be re-opened based on the evidence and information provided by LE and ME to date is overwhelming and compelling. These are hard forensic and investigative facts and details. This will be added to extensively now that AB's team has the case file.

The request will absolutely go to the AG. It is being compiled at this very moment. It will be extensive and thorough. It may take several more months to compile this report.

BBM
Do you/we know that AB has received the files? Did I miss this? Last I heard she had not received them yet.

I would include people on this website on this list. Even Anne herself.

I had read that the family 'retained' Anne Bremner as their attorney, meaning they had to pay her for her services. Did she truly offer her services for free?

I had read that the family 'retained' Anne Bremner as their attorney, meaning they had to pay her for her services. Did she truly offer her services for free?

yeah... I thought I read that she offered her services and she approached them... they could have some kind of agreement in place...any money coming in from donations... percentages of media payments for photos etc. and even a percentage for settlements in potential civil lawsuits

the family certainly stressed that they do not have the means to pay for a private investigation on their own...

yeah... I thought I read that she offered her services and she approached them... they could have some kind of agreement in place...any money coming in from donations... percentages of media payments for photos etc. and even a percentage for settlements in potential civil lawsuits

the family certainly stressed that they do not have the means to pay for a private investigation on their own...

Thanks!

Drew Peterson’s conviction in the murder of Kathleen Savio today is a great day. When Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow told the press that after examining evidence in the case, he believed that the death was a "homicide staged to look like an accident." It set the ball rolling toward the charges of homicide.

Let us hope that California’s AG has the fortitude to open up Rebecca’s case for scrutiny that evidences Rebecca’s death was a murder staged to look like suicide. Justice was served today for another poor soul and it couldn’t have happened without the AG’s ruling to open it for review.

Drew Peterson’s conviction in the murder of Kathleen Savio today is a great day. When Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow told the press that after examining evidence in the case, he believed that the death was a "homicide staged to look like an accident." It set the ball rolling toward the charges of homicide.

Let us hope that California’s AG has the fortitude to open up Rebecca’s case for scrutiny that evidences Rebecca’s death was a murder staged to look like suicide. Justice was served today for another poor soul and it couldn’t have happened without the AG’s ruling to open it for review.

ITA. Kathleen Savio's case is a prime example of a death ruled an accident instead of a murder.

ITA. Kathleen Savio's case is a prime example of a death ruled an accident instead of a murder.

And it seemed to give Drew Peterson the go ahead to continue his horrendous behavior..... considering his next wife is still missing....

We can only hope that the Zahau families public quest to find the truth in RZ's death keeps a potential murderer in check....

I would be horrified to see another woman die because they "got away" with what many feel is actually the murder of RZ.

And it seemed to give Drew Peterson the go ahead to continue his horrendous behavior..... considering his next wife is still missing....

We can only hope that the Zahau families public quest to find the truth in RZ's death keeps a potential murderer in check....

I would be horrified to see another woman die because they "got away" with what many feel is actually the murder of RZ.

Mrs Holmes:

Your post hits a raw nerve for me because i believe with my entire heart that once one has murdered - then that individual becomes detached from that reality and does it again. With a narcissist personality that first murder validates their self-believed supremacy which reinforces the wrong already done.

On that note, if i were the officials that either ruled in this case or are responsible for looking at overturning the suicide ruling, i would think long and hard about how sure i was because if you are wrong - you are essentially complicit in whatever comes next. Should another murder take place, God bless your soul.

Mrs Holmes:

Your post hits a raw nerve for me because i believe with my entire heart that once one has murdered - then that individual becomes detached from that reality and does it again. With a narcissist personality that first murder validates their self-believed supremacy which reinforces the wrong already done.

On that note, if i were the officials that either ruled in this case or are responsible for looking at overturning the suicide ruling, i would think long and hard about how sure i was because if you are wrong - you are essentially complicit in whatever comes next. Should another murder take place, God bless your soul.

I wholeheartedly agree..... law enforcement is not perfect... we are all only human.... after reviewing this case... sadly I don't feel quite as safe in this world.... as I once did.... I don't know anything about how homocide detectives are trained and how Sheriffe's get their jobs/knowledge...... but bias can really blind you.... many cases seem to go off the rails... when LE seeks to prove a given scenario instead of considering every single piece of evidence.... every fact must fit together.... it is a puzzle.... you can't just ignore or refuse to follow up evidence that does not fit your theory..... we aren't talking about a missing skate board here... this is DEATH... the loss of LIFE.. it deserves our utmost respect...and consideration...

I can see how LE can miss things and new perspectives can come to light even when LE has real integrity..... It is when sincere experts careful and studied opinions are completely ignored by LE.... that I am insensed... at the injustice.... when experts bring forward information so compelling.. and you just stonewall and refuse to consider those facts and pieces of evidence.... that justice becomes perverted..... SDSO should be ashamed. IMO

I wholeheartedly agree..... law enforcement is not perfect... we are all only human.... after reviewing this case... sadly I don't feel quite as safe in this world.... as I once did.... I don't know anything about how homocide detectives are trained and how Sheriffe's get their jobs/knowledge...... but bias can really blind you.... many cases seem to go off the rails... when LE seeks to prove a given scenario instead of considering every single piece of evidence.... every fact must fit together.... it is a puzzle.... you can't just ignore or refuse to follow up evidence that does not fit your theory..... we aren't talking about a missing skate board here... this is DEATH... the loss of LIFE.. it deserves our utmost respect...and consideration...

I can see how LE can miss things and new perspectives can come to light even when LE has real integrity..... It is when sincere experts careful and studied opinions are completely ignored by LE.... that I am insensed... at the injustice.... when experts bring forward information so compelling.. and you just stonewall and refuse to consider those facts and pieces of evidence.... that justice becomes perverted..... SDSO should be ashamed. IMO

Your pointing out the imperfections of all humans - including the powers that be that have influence and power over these cases - is well taken indeed. No one is perfect. While i believe that the overwhelming majority of the people who participated in the suicide findings are good folks, i believe there was undue influence from their superiors to make the evidence fit the ruling. No, i am not a conspiracist - quite the opposite - but the reality is there are good folks who just need to keep their mouths shut and keep their jobs. And the results may be something they may not believe in but feel less than empowered to do anything.

Your pointing out the imperfections of all humans - including the powers that be that have influence and power over these cases - is well taken indeed. No one is perfect. While i believe that the overwhelming majority of the people who participated in the suicide findings are good folks, i believe there was undue influence from their superiors to make the evidence fit the ruling. No, i am not a conspiracist - quite the opposite - but the reality is there are good folks who just need to keep their mouths shut and keep their jobs. And the results may be something they may not believe in but feel less than empowered to do anything.

Your point is also well taken. I never blamed the worker bees in this. They mostly try to hang on to their jobs. I wonder if any of those people read these boards. I would guess if they could they would have quite a tale to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur