Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

• No

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Yes, if they get a new lead.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Yes, if a new witness comes forward.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't see any reason for the case to be reopened.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never stated anything negative about CPD, nor has Rebecca's family......certainly not in MSM, which Dina has. And no, I don't believe that Chief Scanlon is retaliating aginst anyone. Like I suggested earlier upthread, perhaps you should contact him yourself and hear his side of the story.

My mistake. I've seen RZ's family on tv and plenty of posters on the Internet forums lob lotsa negative comments about the SDSO. In my view, they are all part of the same law enforcement community.

JMO

My mistake. I've seen RZ's family on tv and plenty of posters on the Internet forums lob lotsa negative comments about the SDSO. In my view, they are all part of the same law enforcement community.

JMO

No, they most certainly are not part of the same law enforcement community. Max's case was handeled by CPD, not SDSO. While many people have made complaints about SDSO, I myself, and many others, have not complained about CPD, but SDSO. And, if you will review Dina's statements about Max's case, she was speaking out against CPD......they are the ones that she met with and asked to have his case re-opened, not SDSO.

Quoting MR SPOCK: Again going back to The biggest difference here between the Simpson/Goldman case and the Shacknai case is that the police determined Ron Goldman's death to be a homicide. They determined that homicide to be committed by OJ Simpson. The case was thoroughly investigated by the police department and the District Attorneys office. Even after Simpson was found NOT guilty Simpson was publicly referred to as being the only POI.

Why is this such a big deal? Because if Dina decides to spend the money to bring a wrongful death claim against Jonah or the Zahaus, she will still have to fight to even have her case heard. Jonah has a lot of money and can hire the best in legal representation to argue the case to be without merit and to have the whole thing thrown out of court and dismissed. Dina needs to realize that with the Coronado police, SD county medical examiner's office, SD Sheriff and DA's office all disagreeing with her, and stating this being anything other than an accident, it will be very difficult , for her convince a SD judge that her case (lawsuit) should be heard in court. If a judge throws it out, that would mean no depositions for Dina, <modsnip>.

All of this would also apply to the Zahua camp in them wanting Rebecca's case reopened, not just Max and Dina. Right? all in bold is quoted from another person above

No, they most certainly are not part of the same law enforcement community. Max's case was handeled by CPD, not SDSO. While many people have made complaints about SDSO, I myself, and many others, have not complained about CPD, but SDSO. And, if you will review Dina's statements about Max's case, she was speaking out against CPD......they are the ones that she met with and asked to have his case re-opened, not SDSO.

<modsnip>

The website of the Coronado Police Department has a link to the Ocean Blvd. deaths. The Sept. 2011 media briefing represented both agencies. So, yes, the law enforcement agencies most certainly are presenting it as a law enforcement community effort.

https://www.coronado.ca.us/department/?structureid=15

Police Department
The mission of the Coronado Police Department is to ensure the safety and protect and enhance the quality of life for all who live, work or visit our community by delivering the highest quality police services.

Click on link for updated information regarding the Ocean Blvd. Death Investigations
CORONADO DEATH INVESTIGATION NEWS ROOM

News Releases
Media Guide
2011 Annual Report
Media Access to Jail Inmates
Patrol Stations
Phone Directory

A media briefing was held on September 2, 2011 at the San Diego County Sheriff&#8217;s Headquarters concerning the death investigations of Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai by the San Diego County Sheriff&#8217;s Department and Coronado Police Department.

Again going back to The biggest difference here between the Simpson/Goldman case and the Shacknai case is that the police determined Ron Goldman's death to be a homicide. They determined that homicide to be committed by OJ Simpson. The case was thoroughly investigated by the police department and the District Attorneys office. Even after Simpson was found NOT guilty Simpson was publicly referred to as being the only POI.

Why is this such a big deal? Because if Dina decides to spend the money to bring a wrongful death claim against Jonah or the Zahaus, she will still have to fight to even have her case heard. Jonah has a lot of money and can hire the best in legal representation to argue the case to be without merit and to have the whole thing thrown out of court and dismissed. Dina needs to realize that with the Coronado police, SD county medical examiner's office, SD Sheriff and DA's office all disagreeing with her, and stating this being anything other than an accident, it will be very difficult , for her convince a SD judge that her case (lawsuit) should be heard in court. If a judge throws it out, that would mean no depositions for Dina, <modsnip>.

All of this would also apply to the Zahua camp in them wanting Rebecca's case reopened, not just Max and Dina. Right?

Whoa, there. I have voiced an opinion based on my own experience. I don't know for certain what Dina wants nor do I speak for her.

Dina has publicly stated she wants justice for Max. I'm still of the opinion that's what the Judge will want, too.

JMO

MyBelle: Please see my edited version, I was quoting MR SPOCK from TOP of Page5 and asking if this would not also apply to both cases/persons

If Dina provides the nurse or hospital staff directly present taking care of Max the night Rebecca died and has this staff member state publicly " I saw Dina at Max's bedside from 11am to 5am" , otherwise I will always be suspicious of Dina being directly involved in Rebecca's death. Until Dina publicly provides that individual or ANY individual who saw her between 11pm and 5am next to Max's bedside then most of the public will suspect her as a POI in Rebecca's death. We know from Anne Bremner Dina is not seen anywhere on ANY hospital video tapes and Dina's whereabouts or actual location is unaccounted for.

Hospital staff would be happy to comply with helping out an innocent mother whose child died. At the very least Dina could present all nursing notes for the hours of Rebecca's death when Dina was seen at Spreckels at 1030 right before the cries for help and the time frame Rebecca suspicious supposedly took place. . If it says "Mother at bedside" in Max's nursing notes, with the nurses name and signature, just request the hospital legal counsel make a statement verifying this as fact. IN fact they could keep the nurses name totally secret, just have hospital legal counsel verify that this is in fact a statement that the nurse taking care of Max in the ICU would testify to in court.

I don't believe that this will ever happen because I personally am confident Dina does not have a rock solid alibi with nursing or medical staff anymore than she was seen on the video surveillance that night.

But that would be my challenge to Dina to prove she was at the hospital. A challenge that I know she will never comply with because she can't.

If Dina provides the nurse or hospital staff directly present taking care of Max the night Rebecca died and has this staff member state publicly " I saw Dina at Max's bedside from 11am to 5am" , otherwise I will always be suspicious of Dina being directly involved in Rebecca's death. Until Dina publicly provides that individual or ANY individual who saw her between 11pm and 5am next to Max's bedside then most of the public will suspect her as a POI in Rebecca's death. We know from Anne Bremner Dina is not seen anywhere on ANY hospital video tapes and Dina's whereabouts or actual location is unaccounted for.

Hospital staff would be happy to comply with helping out an innocent mother whose child died. At the very least Dina could present all nursing notes for the hours of Rebecca's death when Dina was seen at Spreckels at 1030 right before the cries for help and the time frame Rebecca suspicious supposedly took place. . If it says "Mother at bedside" in Max's nursing notes, with the nurses name and signature, just request the hospital legal counsel make a statement verifying this as fact. IN fact they could keep the nurses name totally secret, just have hospital legal counsel verify that this is in fact a statement that the nurse taking care of Max in the ICU would testify to in court.

I don't believe that this will ever happen because I personally am confident Dina does not have a rock solid alibi with nursing or medical staff anymore than she was seen on the video surveillance that night.

But that would be my challenge to Dina to prove she was at the hospital. A challenge that I know she will never comply with because she can't.

I doubt anyone with would freely share their dead child's medical records with an anonymous poster on a message forum. Max should be left in peace.

JMO

In fact plastered Max's ICU photos, his EMS records, and his autopsy records all over the Internet on Dina's websites, TV shows she appeared on, in large binder press packets at the Coronado City Council and finally gave them via email to reporters at every local station. You cant have Dina doing all that giving out loads of private, intimate, medical records and ICU bed photos like that and then suddenly say the opposite, that she wants Max to rest in peace.

Dina's shared gruesome details many times over to show she blamed Rebecca for Max's death. Why can't she do the same to prove she was not at Spreckels like the neighbors saw her right before Rebecca died. Having a nurse simply state Dina was at the bedside in the ICU is certainly far less gruesome than what Dina has already shared. Your outright refusal with a contradicting basis for why she would refuse says it all. Dina can't prove she was at the hospital, because she wasn't. No nurse saw her there, nor does she have any witness to say she was at Max's bedside from 11am to 5 am. We have the neighbor and his kids who saw her sneaking around erratically in front of Spreckels at 1030 trying to break in through the side gate and thats it.

In fact plastered Max's ICU photos, his EMS records, and his autopsy records all over the Internet on Dina's websites, TV shows she appeared on, in large binder press packets at the Coronado City Council and finally gave them via email to reporters at every local station. You cant have Dina doing all that giving out loads of private, intimate, medical records and ICU bed photos like that and then suddenly say the opposite, that she wants Max to rest in peace.

Dina's shared gruesome details many times over to show she blamed Rebecca for Max's death. Why can't she do the same to prove she was not at Spreckels like the neighbors saw her right before Rebecca died. Having a nurse simply state Dina was at the bedside in the ICU is certainly far less gruesome than what Dina has already shared. Your outright refusal with a contradicting basis for why she would refuse says it all. Dina can't prove she was at the hospital, because she wasn't. No nurse saw her there, nor does she have any witness to say she was at Max's bedside from 11am to 5 am. We have the neighbor and his kids who saw her sneaking around erratically in front of Spreckels at 1030 trying to break in through the side gate and thats it.

Dina has already proven to LE that she was at the hospital that night, and they have said the witness that claimed to have seen her was NOT credible.

The thanks button just wasn't enough for this thoughtful, intelligent post, that IMOO is completely grounded in reality. Yes Dina come forward with your proof... I am certainly not holding my breath.

AR reports are public record. You're demanding nursing notes about Dina's whereabouts which I don't believe have been released because of privacy.

Bringing Max justice is Dina's goal, imo. She does have every right to request a full investigation and she has provided compelling evidence, including expert analysis as to why she believes Max death was not due to a trip and fall. Max's death was never investigated as a murder. RZ's was and is now closed as a suicide.

The Sheriff cleared Dina and Jonah and RZ's case is closed as a suicide. Evidently, the Sheriff and his team of trained professional investigators concluded your neighbor was wrong. Witnesses are often wrong.

JMO

AR reports are public record. You're demanding nursing notes about Dina's whereabouts which I don't believe have been released because of privacy.

Bringing Max justice is Dina's goal, imo. She does have every right to request a full investigation and she has provided compelling evidence, including expert analysis as to why she believes Max death was not due to a trip and fall. Max's death was never investigated as a murder. RZ's was and is now closed as a suicide.

The Sheriff cleared Dina and Jonah and RZ's case is closed as a suicide. Evidently, the Sheriff and his team of trained professional investigators concluded your neighbor was wrong. Witnesses are often wrong.

JMO
Max's death was ruled an accident......case closed.

Dina has already proven to LE that she was at the hospital that night, and they have said the witness that claimed to have seen her was NOT credible.

I think any law enforcement officer would find such a witness not credible. If I saw someone at a neighbor's house late at night acting erratically and trying to break in, I'd call 911 immediately and I believe most people would do the same thing.

JMO

Unless the AG decides there should be an independent investigation.

JMO

Hopefully they will. I don't think Dina wants at least one AG investigation open (Rebecca's) but we sure do. AG opening Rebecca and Max's death is the way to solve this once and for all. It will also likely explain away those pesky facts that Dina was not on video at the hospital nor was she seen in person during the hours of Rebeccas death and when the neighbors (that InParadise knows) saw her in front of Spreckels. Only her cell phone pinged at the hospital. No nurse verified Dina being at the hospital.

Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

Sheriff Gore confirmed as much during his news conference.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital."

http://www.examiner.com/article/int...ahau-family-attorney-debunks-suicide-findings

There are lots of security cameras in a pediatric hospital-- in all kinds of common areas, hallways, lounges, entrances to the buildings and entrances to individual units, etc. If Sheriff Gore and his team had to resort to cell phone triangulation, it is a very good bet that Dina was not where she says she was from 11 pm to 5 am during Rebecca's death. Why? Because there are a number of people who should be able to confirm Dina was there.

Dina is very distinctive looking, with her height and long black hair and bangs-- even if someone didn't know who she was (in a lounge, hallway, unit nurses station, etc), she would be memorable and describable. I don't think Gore and his team found anyone to corroborate her story, or he would have SAID so numerous times. And so would Dina.

And it’s not just the bedside nurse in the unit who can confirm or deny Dina’s presence. An ICU is a very busy place 24 hours a day. There are a number of staffers who can attest to Dina’s presence or absence during that critical time period. Nurses and docs caring for patients in adjacent cubicles, the unit coordinator at the desk, respiratory therapy personnel who come by to tend the ventilators, and perform suctioning and ETT care, lab personnel drawing labs, pharmacy techs, housekeeping, residents and intensivists, other parents whose children were hospitalized in the unit, family members in the parent lounge and bathroom areas, etc. If Rady has strict security (and in a large city, I assume they do), a parent very likely has to be buzzed in at the ICU door by a unit secretary. And security cameras usually are focused on areas like ICU entrance doors. areas.

Remember—this was the first 48 hours of Max’s hospitalization. There was a LOT going on in Max’s care in this time period from 11pm to 5 am, even on the night shift. It’s just inconceivable that Dina didn’t show up on ANY of Rady’s surveillance cameras in that critical time period, and apparently not a SINGLE PERSON in that busy ICU can verify that she was present.

I have posted many times that Max’s medical records hold the answers to many of the questions surrounding both Max and Rebecca’s deaths. IMO, there is no compelling "privacy" reason that prevents Dina from sharing evidence that she was there that night. What kind of "privacy" is contained in a nurses note confirming her presence, and providing her with an alibi for a murder? Remember-- despite the ruling of suicide, Rebecca's death WAS INVESTIGATED AS A MURDER IN THE BEGINNING. Why wouldn't she want to clear her name? That would surely bring more sympathy to her cause? What I have to conclude is that she doesn't mind at all that a lot of people believe she was directly involved with Rebecca's murder.

Hopefully they will. I don't think Dina wants at least one AG investigation open (Rebecca's) but we sure do. AG opening Rebecca and Max's death is the way to solve this once and for all. It will also likely explain away those pesky facts that Dina was not on video at the hospital nor was she seen in person during the hours of Rebeccas death and when the neighbors (that InParadise knows) saw her in front of Spreckels. Only her cell phone pinged at the hospital. No nurse verified Dina being at the hospital.

IMO, the SDSO investigators would have confirmed Dina's presence at the hospital. That is Investigation 101. Have you seen the case files? Do you know for a fact that no nurses, or any person in the ICU, were interviewed by LE?

IMO, SDSO did clear Dina's name when they ruled Rebecca's death a suicide. The people I see and speak with in Coronado and San Diego all have great sympathy for Dina and the fact that she lost her only child in a horrific way.

It seems to me that there is only a small fringe group that does not accept that Rebecca Zahau committed suicide, and I would not think Dina would be worried about those people - no offense. I'm sure she knows that some people will never change their minds from what was their first impression when they heard about Rebecca, no matter how much evidence there is and no matter how many agencies agreed it was suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member