NY NY - William Paul Faries, 36, Cedarhurst, 1 Apr 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail (1).jpg
NamUs #MP66386
William Paul Faries
Male, White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact: April 1, 2016
Missing From: Cedarhurst, New York

Missing Age: 36 Years
Current Age: 41 Years

Height: 6' 0" - 6' 1" (72 - 73 Inches)
Weight: 180 - 200 lbs

NamUs Case Created: March 13, 2020

Last Known Location
Cedarhurst, New York 11516
County: Nassau County

Circumstances of Disappearance
William is known to be nomadic and has gone missing in the past but has never been gone this long. William does not carry a cell phone but usually carries his possessions in a back pack and travels by bicycle. William is known to have a very high IQ and is extremely computer savy.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Distinctive Physical Features
Scar over left eyebrow

Clothing: Gray pants and gray sweatshirt

Transportation Notes: Usually travels by bicycle

Thank you for starting this thread. I know "Paul" has been widely discussed/ debated as being a potential match for unidentified hiker Ben Bilemy. As we await that official rule out, I've become very preoccupied in attempting to locate him. I've done the basic research and located former addresses, family members (absolutely never contacted) and former business/ contact information. Still with that information, I still haven't found so much as a high school yearbook photo of him or known siblings. While I'm aware old photos won't locate him today, I'm naturally curious about his past and how he managed to entirely disappear leaving no trace.

I've done the basic research and located former addresses, family members (absolutely never contacted) and former business/ contact information.

Quote snipped by me.

I assume you didn't find any addresses / employment after 2016.

Since he's been officially reported missing, there must be relatives who miss him and wish to know he's safe. Maybe he'll eventually come forward to say he's fine, and shake his head at us :confused: for considering him for MH.

Quote snipped by me.

I assume you didn't find any addresses / employment after 2016.

Since he's been officially reported missing, there must be relatives who miss him and wish to know he's safe. Maybe he'll eventually come forward to say he's fine, and shake his head at us :confused: for considering him for MH.

One would think. It just seems odd how no additional (recent) photos are included in his NamUs profile (I heard the one listed was likely his DL photo from 2008). It fascinates me that this day in age one can truly disappear. The Cedarhurst, NY last seen connection is odd to me as well.

Thank you for starting this thread. I know "Paul" has been widely discussed/ debated as being a potential match for unidentified hiker Ben Bilemy. As we await that official rule out, I've become very preoccupied in attempting to locate him. I've done the basic research and located former addresses, family members (absolutely never contacted) and former business/ contact information. Still with that information, I still haven't found so much as a high school yearbook photo of him or known siblings. While I'm aware old photos won't locate him today, I'm naturally curious about his past and how he managed to entirely disappear leaving no trace.
There was an earlier post in the Mostly Harmless discussion with some further info for Paul Faries.
FL - FL - Big Cypress National Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" and "Mostly Harmless", 23 July 2018 #3

I did a search of bicycle touring sites looking for users with some similarity (names/initials/known locations, etc.) and found nothing. Mr. Faries doesn't really seem like a typical bike tourist nor the type who might keep a journal, but I thought he could have created an account to learn about routes, lodging, equipment, etc.

Much like long distance hiking in jeans, bike touring with a backpack is considerted sort of a newbie mistake, due to the discomfort and the high center of gravity. Most people use rack packs (panniers). The recent trend of "bikepacking" actually refers to using in-frame packs.

LLL, first time poster. I became interested in WPF after falling down the MH rabbit hole. I am a decent researcher, in part for my job, and in part for my hobby as family historian/genealogist (lol not that official). Here is what I found so far, using initials only. WPF is from NC, his mother JHC is still living, as are his stepfather PF and two siblings TSF and and SAW. His father WSF passed away in 1987. You can look up the details to his death on familysearch.

He has an aunt and cousins in Cedarhurst. Different last name. One of the cousins EDR lives or lived in Brooklyn at one time.
**I am fairly certain this is all accurate but you know, grains of salt, internet doesn't know everything. Please advise if this info violates TOS in any way and I will delete**

There are so many cases with virtually no information on the Internet except a page on NamUs or a similar website. And sometimes under "circumstances," it's blank, no photo, no new mention anywhere as the years go by.
Some families are private, some just don't know what else to do, I think.

Paul is my cousin. He left my house in January of 2016. Hasn't been seen since. He drove a silver vw deisel beetle. Idk if yall have any info on him. Its been a while so we don't hold out to much hope. It would be great to find out what happened though.

Paul is my cousin. He left my house in January of 2016. Hasn't been seen since. He drove a silver vw deisel beetle. Idk if yall have any info on him. Its been a while so we don't hold out to much hope. It would be great to find out what happened though.
I continue to check in on him; looking for updates, etc. I wish I could help you locate him.

Welcome to websleuths! I am sorry that you are dealing with a missing person. The official record on Paul says he's likely travelling by bicycle. If he left with a car that was in his or a family members name, that would be an excellent lead for the investigating officers to look into. There are many resources on this site to help publicize this case if the family chooses to do so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back