William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed in Taree with police officer Robert Dingle on the stand. He told the court he was told in October 2018 Frank Abbott wanted to speak to police, so he went to interview him. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

At the time, Abbott was facing a District Court trial and was in custody. He told Officer Dingle about a trip he took with his friend Ray Porter to a property near Kendall.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Abbott told him they went to a spot where there was a “log dump” and ran into two men in an old white station wagon. He said one man introduced himself as “Jones” and he told the officer he later saw a man on the news he recognised as the man he saw.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He said the men had a young boy with them “about 7 years of age”, however he “conceded his memory was not reliable at his age”. He told the officer he thought the encounter would have happened shortly after his release from prison in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The Coroner asked Officer Dingle to clarify why Abbott thought this was relevant to the William Tyrrell case and he told the court “the gentleman he’d seen at the log dump he now believed was the same person” he’d seen on TV as a POI in the toddler’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He told the court Abbott was “adamant” that he wanted to ensure “the information would make its way to the Strike Force” investigating William’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott is now questioning Officer Dingle himself, telling the court he couldn’t remember if that encounter happened before he went to jail or after he was released in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott asked Officer Dingle to confirm that he didn’t “ask for favours because he was going to court” and he confirmed he didn’t. He’s now been excused.

Lia Harris on Twitter

A woman is now in the witness box, she has been given a pseudonym because she can’t legally be identified. We’ll refer to her as Tanya.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Tanya cared for two young boys for a week in 2018. She later told police they were listening to “a William Tyrrell song” when one of the boys told her “I know who killed William” and they’d been told not to tell anyone or their “mum’s neck could get snapped”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

She told the court the boy claimed they “had him in a suitcase and they’d seen the suitcase”. The court heard the other boy got “a bit cross” and said “you’re not supposed to tell anyone”. She told the court “he seemed serious, but, like, scared”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Tanya has been excused and another woman, known as Amy, has taken the stand. She was also caring for the two boys.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Amy told the court Tanya told her one of the boys “had told her what had happened to William Tyrrell and that he’d been killed, placed in a suitcase and buried” and that she “had no thought they may have been making it up”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The woman claimed the boy told her it was Frank Abbott who had killed William Tyrrell.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The inquest will hear testimony in a closed court this afternoon, so the public hearings will resume on Monday.

Lia Harris on Twitter

There has been a bombshell at the inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell, with two children saying they know who's to blame. @KellyFedor #9News

(Video)

Nine News Sydney on Twitter

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed this morning in Taree, with several of his family members, both birth family and foster family, in the court room. Danny Connell is in the witness box, his wife is Ron Chapman’s niece.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He and his wife arrived in Kendall from Sydney on September 11, 2014, to babysit their grandchildren while their parents attended a wedding that weekend. They stayed at Ron Chapman’s house. To recap, Chapman is the man who claims to have seen William in a car after he vanished.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Mr Connell and his wife visited the local cemetery on the morning of September 12 to place flowers on a relative’s gravesite. They seem to be unclear of the exact time, but the court heard it was likely between 9.30am and 10.30am.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The cemetery is located next to Benaroon Drive, a short walk through the bush from William’s foster grandmother’s. The court was told Mr Connell heard a noise while they were there, saying it sounded like “something doing building work in the distance... I could hear a saw”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court he drove to the “paper shop” in Kendall to get the paper after leaving the cemetery, when he saw an old white ute drive past as he crossed the road. He said the ute then “made contact” with the “keep left sign” as it drove down the hill.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He told the court the ute had “an old metal toolbox” in the back with the “corners bent up” and the driver was old with “thick-rimmed glasses” on. Mr Connell said he was in Coffs Harbour a week later when he remembered it in the middle of the night and called Crime Stoppers.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court they spent most of the day driving around the area visiting relatives before arriving back at Chapman’s house around 3.30pm, when they were told a little boy was missing. He said he doesn’t recall if he spoke to Mr Chapman about it at that point.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court they went to the Kendall Club for dinner that night, which was “empty for a Friday night”. Many people were still out searching for William that evening. He said they noticed people were still out with torches when they arrived home around 8pm.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court it was a year later, when they visited in September 2015, that Mr Chapman first mentioned the alleged sighting to them. He said “he was in quite a distressed state because he’d been interviewed” by police.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court Mr Chapman had “forgotten we were there at that time, 12 months before”. He was asked if they spoke about it at all with Mr Chapman that night in 2014 when the searchers were out looking for William and he said they only acknowledged the search party.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell told the court Chapman “had a couple of schooners” that night and was “unsteady on his feet” so they took him inside and went to bed. He said he never mentioned the sighting until their visit a year later.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Connell’s wife Kathleen is now in the witness box. Ron Chapman is her uncle. She is also recalling their movements on September 12, 2014. She recalls the “old ute” which hit the sign that morning being driven by a man in a “cowboy hat”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Ms Connell told the court Mr Chapman didn’t mention the sighting of William that night or anytime that weekend. She’s now been excused.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Martin Parish is now on the stand, he’s a local chaplain who lived on Herons Creek Rd. The court heard he met Frank Abbott through his brother Daniel Parish in 2007.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court he attended church with Abbott several times in 2013. Geoff Owen, who repaired William’s foster grandmother’s deck in 2014 and also knew Abbott, also attended the services back then and still does.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court “Frank would come and download on me about things that were worrying him and I’d listen”. He is asked about Ray Porter and he told the court Porter wasn’t a parishioner but would “drop in” for morning tea occasionally.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court Abbott went to their house a couple of times, once to “look after our dogs” and another to help them in the garden. He’s asked if he was aware of him being charged with a child sex offence and he told the court he was.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Mr Parish appealed to the parishioners for help finding Abbott somewhere to live while he was on bail. Geoff Owen volunteered to let him live in his caravan in Logan’s Crossing. The court heard Mr Parish also went to his bail hearing in support of him.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Mr Parish and his wife continue to support Abbott. He is asked if he “accepts those jury verdicts as properly reflecting guilt on his part of those sexual offences against young children” and he responded “I have difficulty with that”

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish is asked if he knows where Abbott was the morning William Tyrrell disappeared. He told the court “only from questions I asked Frank... personally, I don’t know”. He told the court Abbott was a “creature of habit”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court is now being played a recorded phone call between Abbott and Mr Parish from August 12, 2019, while Abbott was in jail.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish tells Abbott during the call that his friend Ray Porter had passed away.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard during another phone call to Abbott, Mr Parish referred to his brother Daniel Parish as a “pathological liar”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Counsel Assisting puts to Mr Parish that “you seem to be taking up issues that (Abbott) raises with respect to the Tyrrell investigation and in a sense, doing his legwork on finding things out” in the months since he learned Abbott was a POI in the case. He agreed.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish is asked what Abbott told him of his movements on the day William disappeared. He told the court Abbott told him “he started the morning off at the shop.. in Wauchope.. then he met up with his daughter and they went to the Uniting Church”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court he and his wife ensured children in the parish weren’t at risk, saying they made sure the children were “never alone with anyone in a particular spot where they can’t be seen”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish is asked if he informed Abbott’s neighbours nextdoor to where he moved into the caravan, Peter and Jodie Huntley, that their new neighbour had been charged with child sex offences, given they had young children. He told the court he didn’t.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish is asked if he would report something Abbott told him in confidence. He told the court if it was a criminal offence, “I’d have to stop the conversations and say this is reportable”. He then clarified “but we haven’t had those conversations”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The inquest has adjourned for the day.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed in Taree. Daniel Parish is in the witness box, he is the brother or Martin Parish, who testified yesterday about his ongoing support of Frank Abbott. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court Abbott used to do some work for him. He claimed he was prone to mood swings, saying “you don’t want to cross Frank”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court Abbott threatened him during an argument, telling him he’d beaten a murder charge before and wasn’t afraid to go to jail. Claiming he said “I don’t care, I’ll go to jail, I’ll get three square meals a day”. He told the court he was scared of him.

https://twitter.com/liajharris/status/1239695821949399041?s=21

The court heard Abbott once threatened Mr Parish with a machete while he was living on their property. Mr Parish told the court “we were trying to get him off the property and Frank was getting pretty angry about it”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish said he saw the artist impression in the newspaper of the cars the foster mother remembered seeing that morning on Benaroon Drive. He told the court he thought “that car looks familiar”, referring to the white vehicle. He said he went and “knocked on Frank’s door”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court he doesn’t know where Abbott was the day William disappeared.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Mr Parish told police when he comforted Abbott to say he thought the white station wagon in the artist impression was Ray Porter’s car, “Frank told me it wasn’t Ray’s car”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Mr Parish told the court Abbott was “dangerous”, saying “he scares me, put it that way”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott lived on the Parish property in September 2014, the same property searched by detectives in recent months.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Abbott told Mr Parish “I know where William Tyrrell is, check Geoff Owen’s place”. He’s now been excused.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Kirston Okpegbue is now in the witness box. She’s an aged care nurse who worked at an aged care home in Port Macquarie in 2018, where Ray Porter was a resident for 12 months before his death.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Ray Porter told Ms Okpegbue he kept “having visitors” at the nursing home. He then told her “I didn’t do anything wrong.. all I did was give my best mate and a boy a lift”. He told her she has a face he could trust.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard he then told her he was referring to “the boy that went missing down in Kendall”. She asked him “are you talking about William Tyrrell?” And he said “yes”.

[URL="https://twitter.com/liajharris/status/1239729230344097792?s=21"]Lia Harris on Twitter
[/URL]

Tara Schofield is now in the witness box. She worked at the same aged care home where Porter was a patient. She said Porter spoke about two friends of his named “Phil” and “Frank”. She said she was told by another nurse about the conversation about William and called police.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Another man has entered the witness box, but we cannot legally identify him. He was linked to the sawmill property.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The man told the court he used to employ Abbott and was on very “friendly terms” with him. He described him as “very crafty” and “Mr fix it”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The man told the court he once asked Abbott about the murder charge he was acquitted of and Abbott told him “a couple of mates borrowed my car... took this girl for a drive.. and she had an epileptic fit and died and 20 years later he’s been charged with this murder”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The man told the court he thought it was “rubbish”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court is now being played a recorded phone call between this man and Abbott from August, 2019, while he was in jail. Abbott mentioned the Tyrrell case and the man asks why he’s being questioned and he replied “because I lived in the area... I’m not charged with anything”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The man asks Abbott “where were you on that fu**ing Friday anyway?” and Abbott told him he was in Wauchope.

Lia Harris on Twitter

In another recorded phone call, the man asks Abbott about what the two young boys claimed he told them. When Abbott denied saying it, the man said “that must’ve come from somewhere, a little kid wouldn’t have made that up”. Abbott said “I don’t know... I never said that”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard in another phone call Abbott claimed to know “someone who was alleged to be involved in taking Tyrrell” and asked the man to come and visit him so he could tell him the names.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard the man then visited Abbott in jail, where he handed him “two small pieces of paper” with his handwriting on it. He took the paper to police. The court has not been told what was written on them.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The hearing has been adjourned.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The inquest into William Tyrrell’s disappearance heard today heard claims from a man he gave the young boy and a key person of interest a lift after he went missing. | @LiaJHarris

(Video)

10 News First Sydney on Twitter

The inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell heard shock evidence today, with claims an elderly patient, who has since died, confessed to driving William and convicted paedophile Frank Abbott north in the days after the toddler vanished. https://7news.link/39RXrJ7 #7NEWS

(Video)

7NEWS Sydney on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay