Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this lengthy transcript my opinion remains unchanged that while LB may or may not have falsified documents to a particular degree, she was 100% used and abused by this entire defense team. ALL THE WAY UP THE FOOD CHAIN. From the local yahoo defense team ala revolving doors to the illustrious self anointed angel of blah blah barf!

JB made sure to get it on the record at the end of the depo that Laura was crying and he made a theatrical production of asking her about being the TARGET of a criminal investigation. He never did get that acting break he really wanted did he??

I am so proud of LDB for pointing it out one well enunciated sentence at a time for those hearing impaired attendees, that at no time did the SAO of LE inform HER she was the TARGET of any criminal investigation.

Mr. Baez......me thinks she was referring to you.

Mr. Mason may be deaf as a doorknob.......or any other number of inanimate objects but his tongue works just fine. While he typically speaks with a mouthful of marbles, he has no problem "spittin em out" in order to double talk over Laura and try to confuse her. Even I can see that, and I am certain...........I am not the only one.

The target IMO is squarely affixed over someone other than LB. Time for a wake up cal JB.....I am certain CM knows the deal. Maybe he'll answer your questions if he can hear them.

I see an endorsement for Miracle Ear on the horizon. Though, I am sure they have standards.

I agree with you, she was the perfect Patsy. I agree with you about Cheney too, big time. My favorite thing he said was the very beginning of his questioning. Baez said let's take a break, Cheney said NO!
I wonder in their moments we do not see how forceful he is with Jose.

If she had just jotted down notes on a notepad at her house, that would be one thing. What she did do was take a form and list names and a location that they searched.
They each testified, NO I did not search that area with Laura Buchanan.
That is not being confused or suffering a faulty memory, that is out and out bold faced lying.
I agree they should have dismissed her as just a troubled gal, as I am sure they got phone calls from all kind of folks whose stories were easily disproved. When they didn't bother to verify, that was wrong, when they did verify and found out she was mistaken or lying.......that is where the real big problem for the lawyers is being investigated. As you say.....THEY are responsible for what they did. They are the members of the bar.

If lawyers could take any unsubstantiated claim someone makes and present it to the court as factual......wow it would be a zoo.

What I do not understand is since they were really hanging their hat on Laura and Joe, how in the world could they not have went over their assertions, backwards and forward? We learned from Brad's depo that indeed if Joe had taken the stand that day the defense had subpoenaed him for the hearing, he would have testified two things that are utterly opposite of what Baez has claimed in his legal documents for months.
1) Joe Jordan was not in the magic area
2) The area was under water

What do you make of Jose not even interviewing him or Laura himself? Wouldn't you have put them both under oath and deposed them both yourself before you made these huge, HUGE representations to the court?

In her depo it seemed like Cheney did not even know it was Andrea who was on that retrace your steps walk about in the woods with Laura. He thought she was out there with Mort and Jeremy. How could he not have known it was actually a defense lawyer there in person? I hope he just got confused because of the last name being so similar, Lyons and Lyon.

Since Laura's lawyer was there and learned in person she was not in the area where the body was, once he saw the defense perpetuating that lie to the court that she was, instead of them correcting the record upon this huge revelation.....would he have had a duty to inform the court, similar to the duty Brad felt he had?

Laura being troubled is one thing, but her lawyer, I do not understand. He could have said she was confused, and now that she walked it in person she wants to clarify the record and that would have ended it there. Is that right?

:floorlaugh:

You're killing me! The same JW who's afraid of John Allen, who saw the beads, rocks, and toys at BP from about "600 feet away". Who wrote that jumbled mess of a letter to the judge. The one who didn't get too close to the water because it was TOO MUCKY.

The JW who loved to take pictures of LP in his van, at the back of his van? The JW who let TM in her boat? The JW that went to the Anthony's to show them these pictures. Who searched Suburban Drive like a dozen times.

The JW who thought LP was making a show and planting stuff...oh, and called him a media *advertiser censored*?

The same JW who was also digging up stuff too, cuz Leonard said the body was between the picnic tables and the water.....:innocent:

Poor John Allen - he was being really patient with her during the questioning!

I don't know who I trust more LB or JW.

:seeya:

Mel

ETA: I forgot to add: the same JW who found a cigarette while searching and took it home with her. EEEEKKKKKK~

Thank you for this laugh break :floorlaugh: in the midst of some serious heart felt comment in this subject. Well done! :great:
Wasn't she also up a tree hanging there taking pictures at one time?

At one point, LDB asks LB if she knows a Pat from JB's office? She then asks if it is a he or she?
LB the wants to know if she can speak to Jose?
LDB and Cassidy both say NO! and LDB follows with, Jose is not doing any talking today.
I love her sense of humor!

Snipped
Since Laura's lawyer was there and learned in person she was not in the area where the body was, once he saw the defense perpetuating that lie to the court that she was, instead of them correcting the record upon this huge revelation.....would he have had a duty to inform the court, similar to the duty Brad felt he had?

Laura being troubled is one thing, but her lawyer, I do not understand. He could have said she was confused, and now that she walked it in person she wants to clarify the record and that would have ended it there. Is that right?

No, in her Aug depo she was represented by her NJ lawyer. He went on the walkabout in May w/them. I suspect when he found out that the matter had turned into a criminal investigation, he bailed on her. She retained a FL attny before the Nov depo.

I cannot find the post now for I'm lost. Did someone post something about LB requested to speak with LDB in private?

Is this true?

At one point, LDB asks LB if she knows a Pat from JB's office? She then asks if it is a he or she?
LB the wants to know if she can speak to Jose?
LDB and Cassidy both say NO! and LDB follows with, Jose is not doing any talking today.
I love her sense of humor!
Yeah she is very good! I mean she is on her toes without any effort it seems. She is smart, quick, and well ahead of JB and CM. They don't stand a chance with her.

I smiled when LDB stated she could read LB's earlier deposition upside down because she had read it so many times.

Preperation!!!

I think the only reason LB was crying was because CM was railroading her when questioning then {Baez} tried to infer it was LDB fault grrrrr

she knew her game was up and this is what happens when you shout your mouth off about things you no nothing about

no sympathy for her at all

I'm mostly PO'd because in her first depo she lied about having turned in the docs and she knew it to be a lie back then. She was fully prepared to breeze through that depo by lying and thought no one would be the wiser. And I think that LB is still lying big time about how much info was placed on the TES form in FL as opposed to what she claims to have jotted on it in KY before Mort's visit.
I guess it was LDB's intention to discredit her just enough so the defense won't be tempted to call her as a witness, because she could have really held her feet to the fire if she wanted to. LDB could have easily reduced her to tears, but no, and look how quickly she dissolved under CM's blustering. She's so smoooth.

I'm mostly PO'd because in her first depo she lied about having turned in the docs and she knew it to be a lie back then. She was fully prepared to breeze through that depo by lying and thought no one would be the wiser. And I think that LB is still lying big time about how much info was placed on the TES form in FL as opposed to what she claims to have jotted on it in KY before Mort's visit.
I guess it was LDB's intention to discredit her just enough so the defense won't be tempted to call her as a witness, because she could have really held her feet to the fire if she wanted to. LDB could have easily reduced her to tears, but no, and look how quickly she dissolved under CM's blustering. She's so smoooth.

LDB is so professional :) She knows you attract more bees with honey.
I'd assume making LB uncomfortable during the deposition would only make LB close up more then she already has.
It had to be uncomfortable for LB..sitting there answering questions in front of those she lied to before. (her own fault, and I hope she learned a valuable lesson)
I would have loved to see Baez's face as he sat there watching his defense tactics crumble before his eyes :)

I am having so much fun reading this second depo of LB.....
CM: What did she say?
LDB: She said....
JB: She SAID...
Witness: I SAID......

omg this trial is going to be agony, pure agony.
Only finished with part 1....the back and forth between JB and LDB was interesting to say the least. Can we say...hate each other, much. LDB just plays it like Cool Hand Luke. She will get him in the end....wait and see JB.

My gut tells me that after the 2nd depo, something else happened, like LB contacted the SAO and told them more? Perhaps this is tied to the new complaint?

Only finished with part 1....the back and forth between JB and LDB was interesting to say the least. Can we say...hate each other, much. LDB just plays it like Cool Hand Luke. She will get him in the end....wait and see JB.

I hear you! Every time I read Uhh HUhh or umm humm I yelled out, state YES or NO not uhh huhh

Oh yeah, it was pure comic relief. CM would ask "What?" and everyone felt obliged to answer him, in unison apparently. LB's attny also got in on the act!

CM is going to have to pull himself together before this trial starts. Things aren't the way he thinks they are for some reason. It was obvious to me that he wanted LB to relent and agree w/whatever his assertion was, but it wasn't going to happen, no matter how many times he re-asked. If memory serves it was like when LA was on the stand in the 911 call hearing (?) and CM was doing the same type of thing. Of course we could see LA's face that time and it was like "What are you talking about, old man??" He just seems to hear or read something and invests himself in it, even though the source might have been corrupt. He doesn't bother to find out for himself before he launches into one of his embarrassing diatribes.

Appropo of nothing, I'm reminded of an old Golden Girls episode. The housemates put a pot over Rose's head and were banging on it with a wooden spoon. Sigh

I hear you! Every time I read Uhh HUhh or umm humm I yelled out, state YES or NO not uhh huhh

I had to laugh at this because this deposition had me talking out loud too. Mostly one or two word exclamations such as What? Seriously? Are you (insert bad adverb here) kidding me?

I have a feeling most of us were doing that as we read through the transcript - and can only imagine how we looked and sounded to someone who had no idea what we were doing. :)

No, in her Aug depo she was represented by her NJ lawyer. He went on the walkabout in May w/them. I suspect when he found out that the matter had turned into a criminal investigation, he bailed on her. She retained a FL attny before the Nov depo.

Mr Brown (NJ Lawyer) was Laura's lawyer in August and accompanied her to the August 2010 Depo.
IIRC from LB and Ann telephone call transcript MR Brown was still Laura's lawyer when she cancelled her depo and had it rescheduled for November..

Something happened or something changed that prompted a change in Counsel between the canceling(October 2010) of the Depo and Nov 17, 2010 when she came to Orlando.
:twocents:

I had to laugh at this because this deposition had me talking out loud too. Mostly one or two word exclamations such as What? Seriously? Are you (insert bad adverb here) kidding me?

I have a feeling most of us were doing that as we read through the transcript - and can only imagine how we looked and sounded to someone who had no idea what we were doing. :)

I know I scared the cat a few times.

I can't believe I made it through the depos, LDB has the patience of a saint. Oh, and how rich was it that when they're trying to place the exact Marriott that LB stayed at the only contribution JB has is "oh, it's next to the Ritz." :maddening:

I was re-reading the transcript of Kasper's call to LB, and it really hit me at the end when she totally dodges his question about how exactly anyone got that sheet she's going on about. She makes a point of having this sheet and "they won't get it" from her, and then when is pressed because well, they *do* have that sheet, how'd they get it, suddenly she has to "call the postman". :eek:

Good ol' Mort seems to be the link in a lot of these hinky chains, IMO. Right now, I'm not thinking she intended to keep those sheets in order to change them or anything, from the depos and other stuff I read, IMO she's just kinda ditzy and when her search didn't end in a dramatic finding and instead she was suppossed to do the banal "debriefing" stuff she just bolted to go have some vacation. She totally inserted herself into the case, stirring up drama, and then when she was a little too loud about there being "no way" the body was there, suddenly there's a PI at her door who maybe convinced her to make some really bad choices.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I don't have a clear enough bead on any of it yet to even do so, but I will say IMO it is majorly, majorly "hinky".

My 10 yr old DD kept asking me "what mom? What are you laughing at?"

Sorry but when they didn't know if "Pat" was male or female it reminded me of the SNL character. Baez is a sarcastic snit isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState