Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local news is calling the grandma Octo-Gram just FYI.

Here we go:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/02/nadya-suleman-w.html

Octuplets' mother receives public assistance
[UPDATED]
4:45 PM, February 9, 2009

Suleman Nadya Suleman, the woman who gave birth to octuplets last month, is receiving $490 a month in food stamps, and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed to The Times.

Publicist Michael Furtney confirmed the information after two sources told The Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income.

Suleman had told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare. Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.

“In Nadya’s view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

-snip-​
:doh:

If you have 6 children and 3 are disabled would you try and give birth to more children? No, no one in their right mind would want to risk additional suffering on their future children given the odds. This woman is criminal not just superficial and selfish. And, lying is not a virtue.

This story is making my blood pressure rise. I need to take some deep breaths.

Here we go:

Octuplets' mother receives public assistance [UPDATED]

Suleman Nadya Suleman, the woman who gave birth to octuplets last month, is receiving $490 a month in food stamps, and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed to The Times.

Publicist Michael Furtney confirmed the information after two sources told The Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income.

Suleman had told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare. Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.

“In Nadya’s view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

-snip-

I think my blood pressure is higher than ever now.

If you have 6 children and 3 are disabled would you try and give birth to more children? No, no one in their right mind would want to risk additional suffering on their future children given the odds. This woman is criminal not just superficial and selfish. And, lying is not a virtue.

This story is making my blood pressure rise. I need to take some deep breaths.
I have crossed over from mad to just incredibly sad. because it is a desperate situation. If she doesn't get help these kids have no chance. if she does get help it perpetuates the cycle. Listening to this gal's own mother speak of her as a nut just brings it home. OctoGram is exhausted, broke and disgusted. yet she knows without her support and possibly the support of others this is going to be the worst possible outcome.
The mother is certifiable and she has 14 kids.
Holy Moly. Just saying it out loud makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

Good. Does anyone else get skeptical when Nadya says that they were right to put 6 in this time because that's the same number they have always done, and it only gave her multiples (twins) once?

I feel the same way. Her logic is seriously flawed on that. Not only are they not supposed to put that many embryos back as a general guideline (as we know), but by her own accounts the primary cause of her "infertility" was related to fallopian tube scarring and possibly scarring from endometriosis. Neither one of those conditions give reason to think that there was anything wrong with her ovaries or her ability to conceive, especially after all the other kids. Yet, she uses that as justification for why they put back so many fertilized eggs. I can't tell if she's extremely stupid and doesn't even realize that the more she speaks the more she contradicts herself. Or, whether she is just an extremely cocky person who just refuses to stop and admit they're wrong.

"A spokesman for the mother, Michael Furtney, has said she has several nannies already and "has received offers of additional help" once the octuplets come home."

UMMM, since Angela is doing such a terrible job taking care of the house and such, why aren't these nannies there helping her out??? Michael needs to get a grip!:doh:

Sounds like a play on words to me, by the publicist. I suppose he means she had several nannies already over the years. Remember there was that one woman who said she was a former nanny, she is the one who publically stated that she asked Nadya once how she afforded going to school and doing the IVF to which Nadya replied that she was "getting paid for it". The woman said she didn't pry further, but obviously the comment made an impact on her and she remembered it. I'm sure there were others who realized things were not on the up and up and got out of there.

I have crossed over from mad to just incredibly sad. because it is a desperate situation. If she doesn't get help these kids have no chance. if she does get help it perpetuates the cycle. Listening to this gal's own mother speak of her as a nut just brings it home. OctoGram is exhausted, broke and disgusted. yet she knows without her support and possibly the support of others this is going to be the worst possible outcome.
The mother is certifiable and she has 14 kids.
Holy Moly. Just saying it out loud makes me a bit sick to my stomach.

The family does need help no question!!! But, the question of what kind of help is of utmost importance as we are talking about 14 children with varying degrees of disability.

Killing Octogram with more responsibility than she can possibly cope with is not an option. I am serious about this...it will kill her as she is exhausted as you mentioned coupled with TREMENDOUS additional responsibility is abhorrent and cruel.

Nadya won't do anything more than she has already done...look for ways to suck the system and her parents. I think she should be taken out of the equation and allow some humanitarian efforts take hold (by adoption or foster care). She should be charged with negligence along with the doctor that allowed this to happen. The sheer amount of children will be taxing on the State of California even with the options I mentioned but it is the best case scenario for the children.

They will need medical care for a very long time if not forever in some of the instances. They will need someone to love them while they suffer through the disabilities and someone to be there for them. None of this is a small task but one that has to be taken to task.

talking about her take on the term "welfare"
Tis guy has nothing to say he is a dork. turn this on guys. go to listen live

Ok, it's confirmed, the woman is just stupid. Seriously. She is trying to obtain a Master's degree in Counseling, but she doesn't know that government "programs designed to help people in need" are the same thing as welfare? :hand:

Here we go:

Octuplets' mother receives public assistance [UPDATED]

-snip-

He said he is trying to give this woman a fair shot.
host: is she giving californians a fair shot?
now she is getting welfare. 50k in tax money already.
Are taxpayers paying for hospital and more.
publicist: you have to ask Kaiser.'
host: is she on medical?
pub: don;t know

pub: kaiser is saying she is a prior patient I have no idea how she paid for her treatments or if she is on any other public assistance

host:how is she paying you?
pub:she will pay us in the future.
Pub:she says she has NOT had plastic suregy

Kaiser asked this firm to take her case.
hosts: what are you doing for her?
pub: we give people a better chance to deal with the public

host:who did the in vitro?
pub: as far as I know it si West Coast IVF but she has not named the doctor

host: how can she carry babies with a back probelm?
publicist: have to ask her doctor
host: is she bilking the taxpayers?
pub: I don;t think she is I think she is honest.
host: even though she denied taking public help and she is?
pub: she did her best to repsond to ann curry

Pub: there are offers of books, movies
host: you don;t think she is a liar?
pub: i don;t make judgements.
host: because you are a lyining PR agent
pub: not going to answer that
pub: she hopes to go back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics