DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical Society Looking Into Octuplet's Conception

Precious babies...God help them.

*snipped*
LOS ANGELES – The American Society for Reproductive Medicine says it's investigating whether fertility treatment guidelines were broken in the case of a Southern California woman who gave birth to octuplets last month.

THANK GOODNESS!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_re_us/octuplets
OH you bet they are! This guy is pumping his numbers,imo.

Nadya--->
octopussyzw4.jpg
<--Dr Kamrava

Now that was too funny! Thanks for the laugh JBean!

per LA TIMES:KAISER WANTS MEDI-CAL TO PAY!!! That means I am paying.

I completely missed this before if it was mentioned. this is huge.

That confirmation came after two sources informed The Times of the benefits. In addition, Kaiser Permanente, where her children were born, has requested funding from Medi-Cal, the state's healthcare program for the poor, to help pay for the octuplets' medical care, sources said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/02/octuplets-1.html

Oh man, I figured this would happen.
well this has kind of been the saving grace in that Kaiser was in theory footing the bill for that as she was in the network.

So, I think that kaiser took them on as a way to get publicity and good will, not realizing what they had actually taken on. Now I bet they don't want to have to pay for all this because she is a looney tune. I think this must go back to that scandal that never surfaced.
JMHO of course :)

I actually did post that, and the theory that the doctor was trying to improve his numbers, early this morning, here: Post #647 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3284796#post3284796

I skip long posts too sometimes, so I understand why it got overlooked. ;) I'm bringing it up again now only because I think it actually did have some interesting information in it even beyond those two things, and I was wondering what you all thought about them. :o

I'm especially interested in what you all think of how this all fits with what she said in her interview, and the dishonesty of her publicist in emphasizing the "welfare" remark.

(That part really angers me. People are still defending it with the fact that it isn't technically welfare. But she didn't leave it at that - she said she was getting no help from the government - see transcript I posted in that post.)

I actually did post that, and the theory that the doctor was trying to improve his numbers, early this morning, here: Post #647 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3284796#post3284796

I skip long posts too sometimes, so I understand why it got overlooked. ;) I'm bringing it up again now only because I think it actually did have some interesting information in it even beyond those two things, and I was wondering what you all thought about them. :o

I'm especially interested in what you all think of how this all fits with hat she said in her interview, and the dishonesty of her publicist in emphasizing the "welfare" remark.

(That part really angers me. People are still defending it with the fact that it isn't technically welfare. But she didn't leave it at that - she said she was getting no help from the government - see transcript I posted in that post.)
The publicist in the interview I heard and transcribed wasn't truly dishonest about the welfare. he was very careful to only repeat what she said. They asked what he thought and he said something like it was not his job to comment but to only share what Octomom said. he is a completely ineffective and actually he doesn't even spin well.
This whole thing stinks.
I have also heard a rumor that her old boyfriend,the sperm donor, is now married.

That confirmation came after two sources informed The Times of the benefits. In addition, Kaiser Permanente, where her children were born, has requested funding from Medi-Cal, the state's healthcare program for the poor, to help pay for the octuplets' medical care, sources said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/02/octuplets-1.html

Oh, snap. :tsktsk:

The publicist in the interview I heard and transcribed wasn't truly dishonest about the welfare. he was very careful to only repeat what she said. They asked what he thought and he said something like it was not his job to comment but to only share what Octomom said. he is a completely ineffective and actually he doesn't even spin well.
This whole thing stinks.

Assuming he knew what she said, I thought it was dishonest, because he only repeated one line she said, and skipped the line where she said she got no help from the government.

He isn't particularly impressive to me either, but that little deflection of his has managed to deceive a lot of people into defending her today. :bang:

Rather than his client being seen as caught in a lie, which she was, the discussion has been about how she could be technically correct about those things being "welfare." :doh:
I have also heard a rumor that her old boyfriend,the sperm donor, is now married.
Same here. I read last week that he was someone in law enforcement who got married last year and that he had asked her to respect that and not use any more of the embryos. :no:

What do you mean? It's going to be free - the Government will pay for it!

Sort of like writing a check...or using a credit card...in my 9 y/o's world she lives in...

I don't know if anyone has posted this, Octomom will be on Dateline at 9 cst.

They keep showing pics of her in the past and oh yeah, she definitely has had plastic surgery. And strange... the house she is seen in with her kids does not look like the house in the radaronline article. *keeps watching*

They keep showing pics of her in the past and oh yeah, she definitely has had plastic surgery. And strange... the house she is seen in with her kids does not look like the house in the radaronline article. *keeps watching*

ITA

"Is Nadya telling the truth about the help she receives?"

cut to commercial

Anyone watching the dateline episode with me? Im :furious:
filling a void !!!ISSUES!!!! I dont think I can watch but then again....I cant NOT watch.

WOW, she was in the media long before this... in regards of IVF and that dr.

Disability for back injury. If she can carry 8 babies then why cant she work. My sister had back surgery(still working everyday until the surgery) and Docs told her no way could she keep trying to concieve for at least a year. She went back to work 3mo later. No mooching off of others. OK i guess my point is Why is she getting disability if she can pop out 14 kids in 7 years---thats a talent (to us infertile) not a disability.

6 embryos to 8 means she has 2 set of idents at the very least... I'm sure the medical board will be looking intently at all of the babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member