Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is wonderful that the church ladies are going to help out, but that doesn't make it all ok. A large army of strangers doing dishes and laundry and feeding babies does not provide adequate or appropriate parenting for 14 children. She thinks her childhood was damaged by a lack of connections? Try waking up every day never even knowing who will be in your home, not even knowing most of their names, coming home from school to a pack of strangers in your house, no calm, no peace, no privacy.......GREAT CHILDHOOD there!

In the film clip being shown over and over today on HLN, Nadya is holding one of the twins, the child never looks up at her while she talks like most children do, no eye to eye contact...she kisses the child's head and he does not even respond by turning toward her or smiling or giggling. It is exactly as if a casual family friend is holding him...he isn't scared, but has NO CONNECTION to her and shows no attachment or affection.

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and probably be criticized, but honestly, I think the church ladies are NOT helping, in fact, I think the best thing everyone could do is NOT help, NOT donate, NOT give this woman anything materially, or in the way of publicity. That would hasten the process of getting those children out of there and into homes where they would be well-cared for, appreciated and loved. And hopefully land Nadya, her doctors and anyone else complicit in this scam with some legal consequences - including the state, the federal student loan authorities, SSI, etc. etc. etc. This whole thing just disgusts me.

Eve

Let's face it this woman is destitute:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/destitute

Adjective
destitute
  1. Lacking something; devoid; especially lacking money; poor, impoverished, poverty-stricken
Maybe I shouldn't be so teed off but I am!! When I look at her face on that website seemingly looking and smiling at the DONATE button I get mad to my stomach.

A century ago this woman would have had her and her children placed in a workhouse - well, in England maybe - not sure about here.

Gosh, I can feel more than one rant coming on!!!:mad:

Here as well. At one time I did a lot of research on this for a book, which I haven't used yet and have it put away right now. Of course, she wouldn't have had the children if she couldn't do it naturally.

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and probably be criticized, but honestly, I think the church ladies are NOT helping, in fact, I think the best thing everyone could do is NOT help, NOT donate, NOT give this woman anything materially, or in the way of publicity. That would hasten the process of getting those children out of there and into homes where they would be well-cared for, appreciated and loved. And hopefully land Nadya, her doctors and anyone else complicit in this scam with some legal consequences - including the state, the federal student loan authorities, SSI, etc. etc. etc. This whole thing just disgusts me.

Eve

I will join you on that limb, Eve. ITA with everything you wrote.

I've been dying to ask, but don't want to offend anyone who may have disabled children....here goes, HOW do you obtain SSI payments for three little children, one with ADHD, and one with a slight speech problem?

Here is where I don't mean to be offensive, so I apologize for my ignorance. I'm under the impression that SSI/disability was meant to compensate for income loss, or to provide medical/therapy payments to treat a disability. I dont understand why these children are recieving payments. Wouldnt the county or state provide treatment for a speech disorder? And is ADHD considered a disability?

I thought that SSI was difficult to prove/obtain.

Can anyone educate me? THANKS!

I've been dying to ask, but don't want to offend anyone who may have disabled children....here goes, HOW do you obtain SSI payments for three little children, one with ADHD, and one with a slight speech problem?

Here is where I don't mean to be offensive, so I apologize for my ignorance. I'm under the impression that SSI/disability was meant to compensate for income loss, or to provide medical/therapy payments to treat a disability. I dont understand why these children are recieving payments. Wouldnt the county or state provide treatment for a speech disorder? And is ADHD considered a disability?

I would love to know the above as well. I know only some things I have heard hear and there and have never really paid that much attention.

*bolded by me*
Your not offensive to me. I wondered the same thing about the ADHD. Maybe I should get SSI? :crazy:(just kidding)

I am sorry to do this but I have another question about endometiosis.

In one of the articles with a little screen and the interview with Anne Curry, I swear that Nadya said she has/had endometriosis. Wouldn't this condition interfere with carrying a baby full term? (The octuplets were born early but is endometriosis a reason that pregnancy for Nadya would be high risk?)

I don't know very much about the condition and Nadya was rattling off all her female problems so quickly, I got lost. :o

Okay, tried to read through ALL the posts and didn't see your question answered. As far as I know, endometriosis typically has no baring on being able to carry a baby full term or not. Before I had my first surgery for endo (almost 9 years ago now), it was basically explained to me that the lining that builds up in the uterus ends up outside the uterus in different places. Then, it acts just like lining inside does and swells and bleeds, which is what causes pain. Depending on the severity, it can cause scar tissue and lesions. Depending on where this occurs, it can cause infertility, or difficulty in becoming pregnant. Where is adheres to is what determines the amount of pain or infertility. You can have a severe case without much pain, or a minor case that does not interfere with fertility, yet have severe pain. Mine was the latter. Typically, if they believe it may be severe, or the pain is severe, they will do laproscopic surgery to investigate. At that time they are often able to use a laser to burn off the lining that is in the wrong spots. Often times, endometriosis will come back, unless you are on some type of birth control. Another interesting point is that endometriosis tends to recede (my dr. said "like crab grass") when a woman is pregnant. Sometimes, after a pregnancy, it will not come back.

That explanation is very much in laymans terms. Hope it helps. If anyone has any other experiences or knows more than I, please feel free to correct me!

I can't say I know a ton about SSI, but I do know a little. It seems children are able to qualify much easier for SSI than adults. I hesitate to even say this, but premature infants, depending on their size, are sometimes able to qualify for short term SSI. I have known a number of children on SSI for a variety of reasons. Most people who have dealt with the system know much more of the ins and outs of SSI than people who haven't dealt with the system. With all of the conditions I've had kids on SSI for, I only recently found out that you can get it for ADHD. However, I do not know the qualifications so to speak.

Here is the website about SSI. http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/

Eve

I agree, I think all the "help" will just postpone the inevitable. The younger the children are when place in forever homes, the less chance they have of developing an Attachment Disorder. More caregivers= higher chance of Attachment issues. This includes all the (very well meaning) outside "help"

Eve

I totally agree with you! I don't mean to be mean to the kids but IMO the church and anyone else who donates to her, whether a private person or a company, is just being suckered into her web. It would be better at least the new 8 babies to go to good homes now. I don't think being raised apart will be as hard on them as being raised in a crowded home by HER or an overworked, tired out grandmother and a bunch of strangers. She is just winging it, has no plan except to mooch, and may not even use the mooched money for its intended purpose, the kids.

I agree. I think noone should help this woman. but i can understand why the church ladies would be helping. no matter what nadya's intentions, there are 14 children that need taken care of now. but personally, i think nadya should have to lie in this bed she made. and i think DCS should take these children from her and put them in loving homes.

I wondered the same thing about the SSI for ADHD. This page explains it pretty well:

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/adhd-attention-deficit-social-security-disability.html
To win disability benefits from the Social Security Administration based on attention deficit, or ADHD, a child must have meaurable functional deficits, in the context of school performance.

Another page, here:
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/4690.html
Income Benefits for an ADHD Diagnosis?

Q: Is it true that children with ADD qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?

A: Having ADD is not an automatic qualification for Supplemental Security Income, but a documented diagnosis can be helpful if the condition and the impairments are severe enough. ADHD is included in the category of Listed Impairments, under the SSI guidelines. Full documentation about the initial diagnosis and its severity will help substantiate your claim.

Note: The application is complicated, but the Social Security website (ssa.gov) explains the process. Another option is to involve your child’s practitioner, who may have worked with other parents to fill out these forms.

I would gather all documentation about your child’s diagnosis, by a psychiatrist and/or neuro-psychologist, as well as any paperwork and school records that establish the severity of your child’s condition. There is no guarantee that SSI services will be granted, but having a clear paper trail to document your claim will prove helpful.

Between the fact that they must be in school, and the comment by Ann Curry about what a whirlwind he was, I think it must be the 7 year old. The 4 year old is autistic. I'm guessing one of the twins is the one with possible autism and speech delays. :(

the story is on dr phil now. a panel discussing all aspects of this story. a plastic surgeon on there says shes definitely had her cheeks, nose, lips and possibly her chin done.

chaps my butt to think she spent all that money on herself while she lied to her mom and said she had no money. her mother went bankrupt for God's sake because of her and her children and i think thats prolly why mom and dad divorced too.

and everytime i see her on tv with that dam manicure that burns me up too!

i work full time as does my husband. i have 3 stepsons of my husband's. I cant afford a new white shirt that i need for work, let alone a manicure and yet here she is, living off the government with her plastic surgery and her dam manicure.

infuriates me! :furious:

one more rant and i promise i'll get off my soapbox....

this disability she claims and has gotten workers comp for years for...a back injury. i hope the workers comp co investigates this! i know that workers comp will hire PIs when they suspect someone is faking it. a young woman in her twenties that cant work from a back injury???

im a 41 year old fat woman. i was flipped over a wheelchair by a confused pt while he choked me around the neck. i have 2 herniated discs from that episode and yet i never missed a days work for it.

im not saying that she wasnt hurt but i find it hard to believe that a young woman is so disabled from a back injury that she cant work but yet she can carry her other 6 children to term and then carry the octuplets????

nope dont buy it. not drinking the koolaid...

Something else that has made me furious is her attitude of entitlement when it comes to her degree. Is she clueless about how many other women would love nothing more than to finish our degrees or pursue our masters? But we don't leave our kids and other responsibilities to other people to do so.

Our or our husbands' taxes have to help support her as she indulges in all her life's fantasies, while we sacrifice ours, for the sake of being responsible parents. :furious:

this disability she claims and has gotten workers comp for years for...a back injury. i hope the workers comp co investigates this! i know that workers comp will hire PIs when they suspect someone is faking it. a young woman in her twenties that cant work from a back injury???

im a 41 year old fat woman. i was flipped over a wheelchair by a confused pt while he choked me around the neck. i have 2 herniated discs from that episode and yet i never missed a days work for it.

im not saying that she wasnt hurt but i find it hard to believe that a young woman is so disabled from a back injury that she cant work but yet she can carry her other 6 children to term and then carry the octuplets????

They did hire a PI to investigate her and have been actively investigating this for some time. They have been trying to shut off her benefits since 8-08.
All her W/C medical records are public record specifically because she challenged their decision to cut off benefits. Once you challenge, it becomes a "mini trial" and all records become available to the public. that's why we can read those 400 ish pages of health history without regard to her medical privacy.

ITA, barrysgirl. I read that they did have someone following her. And they ended her WC last fall and took her off the employee list a few months ago. Does anyone know why then, or the other details?

I don't buy it either. I have two herniated disks too, and it was pregnancy that triggered them. There are few things harder on a back than pregnancy or the tasks of motherhood. :rolleyes:

They did hire a PI to investigate her and have been actively investigating this for some time. They have been trying to shut off her benefits since 8-08.
All her W/C medical records are public record specifically because she challenged their decision to cut off benefits. Once you challenge, it becomes a "mini trial" and all records become available to the public. that's why we can read those 400 ish pages of health history without regard to her medical privacy.

Are these records online anywhere yet for all of us to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360