Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would You be afraid to report a crime/evidence/missing person

• I would call LE ASAP

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I would look the other way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would depend if it is a crime/evidence/or a missing person sighting

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Florida's, public records laws being as they are, I'd be afraid to dial 9-1-1 for fear that my private correspondence, my phone and social security numbers, among other personal information, would become subject to release to the press and public.

If my family were threatened, I would find some other way to manage the situation. Which I suppose plays into the KC script. I do have some "control issues" and as soon as I felt I'd lost the edge I would've called!

I would call but would never agree to media interviews. It isnt answer and they go away - it adds gasoline . I feel so bad for Mr Kronk, the defense should be slapped down hard for their behavior towards him. Disgusting

My youngest daughter went missing when she was 5 yrs old - I found out about 30 min after she was gone - I NEVER thought twice about calling 911 - I called my Dad, who is a retired Chief of Police, in hopes that he could expedite LE and those that are able to do something and my parents lived down the street from us - I banged on all my neighbors doors - we had a group in cars and some of us on foot - searching immediately

My ex, my daughters father, made the threat to me that I should keep an eye on the kids cause I might never know if they are gone - the police could do nothing about it -I felt so helpless

We found her an hour later - REGARDLESS I called immediately, I initiated help from friends and family - I did not wait - it was my daughter, I did nothing wrong

Thats the thing - if you do something wrong that is when you don't call the authorities and thats when your afraid of LE

Years ago my dad saw a man carrying a little girl aprox. 3yrs old into an abandoned barn with a camera....He pulled right over got out of the car with my mother in it....sent her to my sisters to call LE. My dad went to the barn & the man claimed he was just there to take pictures of her (he claimed that it was his neice) in the barn.

My dad told him I don't care this dosen't look right & made him put the camera down. My dad stayed until LE came to check out the guys story. He wasn't an uncle but a friend of the family. Her family had no idea that he took her to do this. If my dad didn't stop that day she could have ended up among the many missing still to this day!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Bravo for the actions of a brave man like your father!!

I have never been one to shy away when I felt something was amiss or saw something happen which required immediate intervention by LE. You bet I would dial 911~ They can rip me apart later, but won't get much. (Now...did I ever pay that traffic ticket back in '76?! :waitasec:)

Years ago my dad saw a man carrying a little girl aprox. 3yrs old into an abandoned barn with a camera....He pulled right over got out of the car with my mother in it....sent her to my sisters to call LE. My dad went to the barn & the man claimed he was just there to take pictures of her (he claimed that it was his neice) in the barn.

My dad told him I don't care this dosen't look right & made him put the camera down. My dad stayed until LE came to check out the guys story. He wasn't an uncle but a friend of the family. Her family had no idea that he took her to do this. If my dad didn't stop that day she could have ended up among the many missing still to this day!

That is wonderful and very brave - it's like that show WHAT WOULD YOU DO honestly most people would do nothing

I remember one time when I was in the car with my Mom and Dad - my grandmother was brutally beaten by the convicted killer in CA that beat and raped his victims Richard Ramierez I think his name is - ANYWAYS - I was on leave from the Army, my grandpa passed away, my grandma was beaten and in a coma and we were going to their house to clean up the crime scene (absolutely horrible - I never wish this on anyone ever to have to clean up blood, teeth, etc)

So we are in Van Nuys, CA, driving down this street and 2 cars run a stop sign and are speeding through a residential area -my Dad slaps the police light on the dashboard, and races after them - I'm sliding in the back seat, my Dad is just movin' - my Mom tells me he does this all the time - geez I've never seen it - the cars stop my Dad slaps his badge up in the windshield so the guy can see it - he just slams the guy on the car and cuffs him (I had no idea my dad had cuffs or a gun in the car) and the girl is in hysterics

He finds out it's a darn lovers spat REGARDLESS police came, guy was arrested even tho the girl is saying 'don't take him' etc.

It was absolutely crazy

I'd be the first to call 911!! With no second guessing myself. I was raised to be my brothers keeper. And I hope if God forbid anything happens to any member of my family or loved ones, there would be someone there to do the same.

If people keep attacking Roy Kronk will the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will they walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved?

It's sad that some try to accuse him (RK) of being involved when he was only doing what you or myself would do. If people keep attacking him the next person who sees a crime/evidence/missing person etc. will walk away afraid they will be accused of being involved.

Imagine if he had given up double checking on what he knew & thought he seen in Aug.. Caylee could still be laying there thrown out like trash. KC smirking sitting in her room (cell) thinking she might just get away with murdering her own beautiful daughter.

It could stop someone from reporting even a minor crime or if they think they see something & a missing person could end up never being found.

Post #348
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3196526&postcount=348

Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?

Thank you for starting this thread.

I feel so bad about what has happened to RK and I do think it may deter others from getting involved/reporting relevant information in the future.

I personally would seriously hesitate before I called 911 re witnessing something again. I had my own bad experience doing it last year, not because of the public, but because the police investigating the matter were as dumb as doorknobs, risked my safety, treated me poorly etc.

Gee, Trac! I hope your father was a policeman! Great job on his part tho...because you never know what is going on in those circumstances.

I am very sorry about your grandmother. How horrible for her and for you to have to clean up a crime scene. I hope they gave that B*stard what he deserved!!! GRRRRRR!

OMG, wow. What a great act for your dad to do!

I was talking to a shrink friend the other day about the bystander psyche (whatever the term is?) and how people don't get involved because (esp if others are around and not doing anything), because another part of their mind is disbelieving what it's seeing and gauging reaction by others.

I've gotten involved in a few situations when kids were involved, such as having a man removed from the Chuck E Cheese play tubes because he didn't see to be with a child (he was, but still, adults aren't supposed to be in there, esp with kids and no one can see them). Did I look like a spaz? Yup. Do I care? Nope. I was almost abducted as a kid, and there is often only a moment where you can intervene in that stuff. Not worth letting it pass by.

That being said, I live in Fla and after this case, I would NOT give a statement to police on anything. I would talk with them, I would testify in court for them, but I would not sign a statement nor consent to being recorded. I would not want to risk being dragged into a mess like this by the media.

Heck, with Baez' request for the TES searchers names, I wouldn't even sign their release again for a search, I'd just go on my own.

If I found a body? That's different. In that situation, my privacy concerns would come second to something like that. But for anything less? Nope, I'm not going on the record..

Gee, Trac! I hope your father was a policeman! Great job on his part tho...because you never know what is going on in those circumstances.

I am very sorry about your grandmother. How horrible for her and for you to have to clean up a crime scene. I hope they gave that B*stard what he deserved!!! GRRRRRR!

Yeah my Dad was Chief of Police at the time - the guy Richard Ramirez robbed, beaten, murdered and raped I think 4 or 5 people in California - he's on death row right now

He pretended to be a handyman and said that my Grandpa hired him t do some work - well Grandma didn't know, but Grandpa passed away few days prior - it happened at night, my Grandma was on sleeping pills -he came in through the kitchen door, he beat my Grandmas head on the toilet and he had defensive wounds on her hands from trying to shield a knife - he tried to cut the diamond rings off her fingers! He beat her to a pulp and I'm sure he thought she was dead when he left - her whole face was broken

Anyways, she was in a coma for a long time, lost her memory, had seizures, had 7 heart attacks in the hospital so they put her in a coma - but you know what, her face was reconstructed, she still wore her diamond rings, and she lived for about 15 more years in a home by our house - she made almost a full recovery - she was quite a lady (and I have those rings that jerk tried to cut off her hands)

AND my Dad was trying to convince my Grandma to have me sleep on the couch that night to keep her company - I might had been killed that night - how scary!

If I were Roy Kronk, I'm not sure how I would react next time. I haven't had his experiences, so the question poses a blank slate for me. But I think Roy Kronk is fed to the back teeth with public perversity. The old kidnapping charge grew out of an SOS call from a former girlfriend, later out of state and needing rescue. He went. He rescued her. Her new man pressed the charge of kidnapping when he lost control of the woman. No indictment but Roy didn't hide it, why should he? But now another good deed, that he had to repeat over & over & over & over again is punished with smears about who he is and loaded questions about his discovery.

Tomorrow is Roy's birthday. I hope flares reach the heavens and party horns keep everyone awake. I hope it is the fizziest, most festive birthday of his life and that it launches a fresh epoch of good fortune. Good Samaritans should be rewarded with gratitude and acclaim.

Your dad is a true hero, Angel Who Cares. And the Angel doesn't fall far from the tree.:) I have a personal reason to be thankful for people like your dad, because I had a similar near abduction experience at 3 years old. If a good Samaritan had not intervened I would not be alive today. (perp is long dead and gone) And I have (obviously) lived on to make a lot of noise! LOL.

So please people, be brave. Trust your gut instinct and report suspicious behavior. You may save a life. I know.

To Angel's dad:

:blowkiss:

That's the perfect sentiment: "The Angel doesn't fall far from the tree". And I am so happy, Indigo, that you had your own special Angel in your life when needed. God Bless!

Me...I am calling. Against my own children or a stranger. I believe in punishment for injustice. I have been a crime victim where the witness would not speak to LE. I might be the only person who could help, and i want to sleep peacefully at night.

Your dad is a true hero, Angel Who Cares. And the Angel doesn't fall far from the tree.:) I have a personal reason to be thankful for people like your dad, because I had a similar near abduction experience at 3 years old. If a good Samaritan had not intervened I would not be alive today. (perp is long dead and gone) And I have (obviously) lived on to make a lot of noise! LOL.

So please people, be brave. Trust your gut instinct and report suspicious behavior. You may save a life. I know.

To Angel's dad:

:blowkiss:

And to the hero's who saved you! :blowkiss:

I understand the vulnerability of a 3 year old, most of them trust everyone. What I don't understand, and never will as long as I live, is how anyone could hurt a little child... It hurts my heart to know how many monsters walk the face of this planet we all share, and think about exploiting that trust. Hurting that little person. At 3 years old they are us in our most perfect form; too young to lie, too innocent to hate, too beautiful to hurt.

I never want to know whatever it is that drives someone who could do this, I never want to feel what they feel. I would feel damaged for life, just thinking about it makes me ill.

Yeah my Dad was Chief of Police at the time - the guy Richard Ramirez robbed, beaten, murdered and raped I think 4 or 5 people in California - he's on death row right now

He pretended to be a handyman and said that my Grandpa hired him t do some work - well Grandma didn't know, but Grandpa passed away few days prior - it happened at night, my Grandma was on sleeping pills -he came in through the kitchen door, he beat my Grandmas head on the toilet and he had defensive wounds on her hands from trying to shield a knife - he tried to cut the diamond rings off her fingers! He beat her to a pulp and I'm sure he thought she was dead when he left - her whole face was broken

Anyways, she was in a coma for a long time, lost her memory, had seizures, had 7 heart attacks in the hospital so they put her in a coma - but you know what, her face was reconstructed, she still wore her diamond rings, and she lived for about 15 more years in a home by our house - she made almost a full recovery - she was quite a lady (and I have those rings that jerk tried to cut off her hands)

AND my Dad was trying to convince my Grandma to have me sleep on the couch that night to keep her company - I might had been killed that night - how scary!

It was a happy day in LA when R Ramirez was stopped. If I recall he got a little taste of what it felt like to be a victim before LE showed up and saved his sorry azz. Wasn't he the SOB who some citizens on the street recognized and held on to until LE got there to arrest him and they gave him a little bit of azz whoop while waiting? Not that I ever believe in vigilante actions, but people were scared out of their minds by that guy, he looked as creepy and scary as he acted.

I have to say I would have no problem going to LE. However, I am in AB Canada, anonymous means anonymous...You wouldn't have your name dragged through the media with people trying to make you look foolish for calling in a tip here. I have never seen anything like that happen here. The media is not involved throughout the case which helps I suppose..

I have to say I would have no problem going to LE. However, I am in AB Canada, anonymous means anonymous...You wouldn't have your name dragged through the media with people trying to make you look foolish for calling in a tip here. I have never seen anything like that happen here. The media is not involved throughout the case which helps I suppose..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back