Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you lie to save your child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 261 47.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 191 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not have to lie to save my child. I would have kept my mouth shut from the beginning and not caused such a web of lies that now I have to lie-to save my child's life. Cindy could have just as easily taken the high road and saved any drama for the begging of Casey's life. She could have co operated with LE and maybe Casey could have had an insanity defense. YM was practically begging George and Cindy to butt out so this exact thing would not happen. Cindy seemed to have resigned herself to the idea of Casey receiving the death penalty during the vigil for Caylee. Richard Grund told LE that Cindy stated, "I guess I'll lose both my girls over this."

Munchausen by proxy comes close to what I think Cindy has, only she nurtures mental illness instead of physical illness.

Every criminal is somebody's child. In my world view loving someone does not mean covering for them when they are wrong. I absolutely understand George and Cindy not wanting Casey to get the death penalty. But, more lies cannot be the answer.

If it is okay for a parent to lie for their child, then this should be added to what we teach our children. "It is not okay to lie, unless it is your own child." Cindy has claimed to be born again and claims to have faith in God, does that faith include lying? She claims in one letter to Casey to have been receiving messages from God, I guess He told her to lie. :dunno: The Lord works in mysterious ways...

ETA: This is all if I know my child is guilty, of course. Because how else could I be lying. Just to clarify.

Seriously, is that fair to dump at Cindy's door? EVERYONE lies...yes, even those that have faith in God. :banghead:

I believe that we as parents need to set examples for our children. I think we may be getting a glimpse of the examples that were set for ICA. I love my dd beyond words, but I feel I would not be a good parent by lying for her so I voted no.

:welcome: to WS LeaBlueAt. Excellent first post! :greetings:

Seriously, is that fair to dump at Cindy's door? EVERYONE lies...yes, even those that have faith in God. :banghead:

BBM-Those two words, this case...not a good mixture. I seem to remember KC memorializing those very words.

Here is another angle....on some of the questions she has been asked today and past-she did not have to lie to assist KC. She just had to give a simple yes or no, then SHUT UP! And let the defense do the clean-up.

ETA-Maybe that also answers why people are fed up. She is not letting the defense lie and going along, she sat down and thought out, meticulously, how to create a whole world of fabrication without JB having to ask a single question.

RespectfullyQuoted LindaNJ

I am sorry. What is it that I have "dumped at Cindy's door?" TIA.

I don't lie.

Even if it had to do with LWOP versus DP?

I would rather see my kid in prison than dying at the needle. I'm a bit shocked at this board that many would let their child get the DP. Do most members have kids?

I don't think anyone has said they would "let" their child get the dp. I am shocked that people would lie for their children and I really can't imagine lying in court while having to look at the victims loved ones. I do have a kid, he's been incarcerated for sixteen years.

quietly stepping out if this turns into a religious debate......

;)

Mel

A lot of people seem to want to excuse mothers who lie to save their child from the DP. So when that lie results in a person being freed and they go on to harm someone you care about would you be so quick to forgive?

But not everyone lies like Cindy does or treats people like trash the way Cindy does or act like their children can do no wrong like Cindy does. I know I am nothing like the person Cindy is. I believe in God, and I would say He is very unhappy with Cindy and the bad choices she has made over and over and continues to make. It is a despicable sham that she calls herself a Christian. And no, Christians are not perfect, but Christians like me also don't live their lives the way Cindy does either. Have I lied? Yes. But I respect people and expect people to be responsible for themselves and their own actions. I will not lie for anyone so they escape consequences.

Hmmm, and what was Casey's favorite phrase? Everybody Lies, Everybody Dies?

there are circumstances where the truth is more dangerous than a lie

Steve Centani in Iraq or Daniel Pearl in Pakistan. Sometimes it means a lot, sometimes the fate is a foregone conclusion.
In this case, I believe that CA's lies do not overcome the evidence and a guilty verdit is inevitable. DP or no DP will depend ultimately on HHJP. Some would say that the DP under HHJP is a foregone conclusion.

I wasn't assuming, that's why I was asking. I am trying to understand.

IIRC isn't lying always going against (Christian) God and I thought that God doesn't distinguish between BIG lies and little ones. To God they are all the same.

It's my understanding that statement in the Bible means all sins are equal in that they separate us from God. Little sins separate you as much from Him as giant ones. But there are other references in the Bible that do distinguish between the degree of sins. It's just that the one most people first think of is the one you referenced.

Better explanation at this B Graham site: http://www.billygraham.org/articlepage.asp?articleid=2031

But, personally, I just hate to lie. Just seems morally wrong and I have lived long enough to realize that, no matter what, the truth is always revealed. Lying just delays the punishment, it doesn't prevent it. And I can't imagine telling whoppers ~ combined with swearing to God, too. The outcome wouldn't be a pretty sight!!!

My son is 13. I tell him the same thing about bailing him out. I say, don't even call me unless you are innocent. I mean it too. Mine is also an only child. Not spoiled but like most teens sometimes he thinks the world revolves around him. I have to remind him that it revolves around ME!:floorlaugh: and if I am not happy...he won't be either. He does know I have the power to make his life miserable;)

Here is an example where I learned to never say MY Child Would NEVER. We've had numerous conversations about sexting, told him the consequences. He came and TOLD me when a girl texted his friend a naked boob pic and he was terrified for him. ( cause of our previous conversations, warnings etc...) I heard him ( unknown to him I was listening) warn his friend...use the exact same things I had told him about being charged with child *advertiser censored* etc... *I* was proud! I almost broke my own arm patting myself on the back! I would have bet my house my kid would NEVER.

ONE MONTH LATER.....don't I find a photo a girl texted him of her naked breasts? Guess who no longer has a cell phone? ( among other consequences)
I learned my lesson!!!!!!!!!

Oh Thank Goodness I'm not alone - thank you thank you thank you! Thanks for sharing your story, and yes, I can definitely see that happening! my teen doesn't have the text feature on his phone for that very reason. When he does get to use his phone, he's not allowed to delete numbers, etc. I said "try it buddy" and showed him how I can pull it up on line. I like to see who he calls and who calls him (I'm bad).

But you're right - if I'm not happy, he's certainly not gonna be!

Oh, it's gonna be a long summer :)

Mel

My son is 13. I tell him the same thing about bailing him out. I say, don't even call me unless you are innocent. I mean it too. Mine is also an only child. Not spoiled but like most teens sometimes he thinks the world revolves around him. I have to remind him that it revolves around ME!:floorlaugh: and if I am not happy...he won't be either. He does know I have the power to make his life miserable;)

Here is an example where I learned to never say MY Child Would NEVER. We've had numerous conversations about sexting, told him the consequences. He came and TOLD me when a girl texted his friend a naked boob pic and he was terrified for him. ( cause of our previous conversations, warnings etc...) I heard him ( unknown to him I was listening) warn his friend...use the exact same things I had told him about being charged with child *advertiser censored* etc... *I* was proud! I almost broke my own arm patting myself on the back! I would have bet my house my kid would NEVER.

ONE MONTH LATER.....don't I find a photo a girl texted him of her naked breasts? Guess who no longer has a cell phone? ( among other consequences)
I learned my lesson!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but ROFLL :floorlaugh: OK that is funny and I so know what you mean! My neighbor always her kids would "never" blah blah. One day she comes running over, she is in TEARS.. OMG i think a horrible thing and kept saying her sons name.. I said WHAT hit by car?? she said no "suspended" for a day, he did something... He did something terrible.

I said OMG WHAT (i'm thinking drinking at school, stole a car, jeez..what!)

In between her sobbing she said "a bunch of girls were teasing a bunch of boys (middle school) and so her son took a dollar and wiped dog doo doo on it and chased one of the girls and all the girls ran screaming hysterically, one started crying!"

She was crying "I thought I taught him better than that" I consoled her and told her if the worse thing he ever does is chase a girl with doo doo, then you will be just fine.

He now has a phone and I saw him drive with his permit with his dad the other day, he looked so proud driving that car... GROWING up!!! ain't for the faint at heart...(I can't wait for the next crisis lol) it will come...

No, I have already answered that in this thread. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring your question.

As a rule, I do my best not to lie, but I fail sometimes. I TRY to do it only when I don't want to hurt someone else's feelings. I try to never lie for personal gain, even lies of omission, like when the sales clerk gives me back too much change. For me it's a personal moral issue, not a religious one.
Ehhhh I lie all the time! In fact, I am lying right now! LMAO Sorry I just HAD to. :great:

Just like everyone lies, everyone also judges others. Is that kid someone I want hanging around my kid? Is that someone I want to be friends with? Is that someone I'd loan money to? And on and on.

i would not lie in court to save my child's life, not under oath. i might fib a bit during the sentencing phase if i thought it might help save his life (what mom wouldn't?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3