Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you lie to save your child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 261 47.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 191 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a hard one for me but I voted yes. I am very close to my daughter, my only child, and I can't imagine giving testimony that would send her to death row. But what I would have done differently is spent the past 3 years urging her to come clean and accept a plea. Which, for all I know, is what the Anthonys want KC to do. But KC has behaved so onerously, throwing friend after friend and now family under the wheels of the Krazy Kool-Aid bus that my support and patience would be wearing mighty thin by now. But I still cannot see myself testifying anything that could cause her to be sentenced to death. I think I might incapacitate myself in some way, hopefully temporarily, to avoid being forced onto the stand. But that's just me.

Why? I think many parents would try and save their child from the DP.

Because I'm a bit shocked that the law/news analysts are all but coming out and saying they, TOO might lie under oath in court in order to save their own child if they were in this same situation. I wouldn't have thought they would "admit" that on national news. Do I empathize with their comments/personal opinions? Yeperdoo Do I find it surprising they admitted this on national news? You betcha! JMO...

I'd like to say No but I do really think I might.

Like someone above said - if he is facing the death penalty - there probably is a good reason. I hope I am never in that position.

Oh, WOW!! I hadn't even thought about that idea! Great thought, Linda7NJ!!:seeya: I have two Yorkies; they are fragile due to their size and it doesn't take much to upset their tummies. (though I admit, both my fuzz-balls have a taste for foliage, too! lol :) )

Yeah..but what would make Cindy think Chloroform?

I have often googled my dogs symptoms. If I were concerned about my dog because she was unusually tired. I would google "Lethargic Dog" Cindy is a nurse, she's not stupid. If she were concerned about hand sanitizer and Caylee. She would have known how to pull up the relevant information & pull up the product information sheets. She could walk into her own bathroom and find peroxide & nail polish remover and read the label.

I think the answer is much more simple. Cindy lied about Chlorophyll then and she's lying about Chloroform now.

I'd like to say No but I do really think I might.

I can tell you though if my son killed his child - my grandchild - there is no way on God's green earth that I would support him or lie to help him out.

But can you envision your son a murderer? I know I can't imagine mine ever being a cold blooded killer. I KNOW I would also be in denial and believe with every fiber of my being that the state had it wrong and it must have been a tragic accident and my child simply panicked. I would have to hold onto that belief until the day I died.

Because I'm a bit shocked that the law/news analysts are all but coming out and saying they, TOO might lie under oath in court in order to save their own child if they were in this same situation. I wouldn't have thought they would "admit" that on national news. Do I empathize with their comments/personal opinions? Yeperdoo Do I find it surprising they admitted this on national news? You betcha! JMO...

Why...are you so shocked? I still think MOST would lie to keep their child from the DP and I do not have kids, but I'm sure I would do the same.

Yeah..but what would make Cindy think Chloroform?

I have often googled my dogs symptoms. If I were concerned about my dog because she was unusually tired. I would google "Lethargic Dog" Cindy is a nurse, she's not stupid. If she were concerned about hand sanitizer and Caylee. She would have known how to pull up the relevant information & pull up the product information sheets. She could walk into her own bathroom and find peroxide & nail polish remover and read the label.

I think the answer is much more simple. Cindy lied about Chlorophyll then and she's lying about Chloroform now.

ITA with you; not wishing to get OT, but to expound on your comment about the logic of a google search for "lethargic dog"-- Yorkies have a tendency to be hypoglycemic (spelling?), which causes lethargy as it's first symptom. Would have thought she'd run thru that thought via google first! ???

Bottom line, I think Cindy stretched the "truth" today in her testimony in order to protect her daughter. JMO!!!

What Cindy did on the stand today is the very reason she has to sit in a court of law to testify for her daughter on trial for killing her daughter & facing the death penalty.

No, Casey is solely responsible for the MURDER of Caylee.

Parents make mistakes. EVERYONE makes mistakes. It must be real easy to sit back and play Monday morning quarterback. I know plenty of liars and thieves. They never killed anyone, let alone their own children. Do you honestly think they don't wish they did certain things differently, have regrets and feel guilt?

Anyone that claims Cindy and George should have seen this coming must be a psychic themselves.

Casey ran that house and used Caylee to do it.

Why...are you so shocked? I still think MOST would lie to keep their child from the DP and I do not have kids, but I'm sure I would do the same.

Because no matter how you slice it, LYING under oath is not only morally wrong, it is considered a crime. I'm shocked/surprised that lawyers/people with a law background/TV hosts are admitting they would consider lying to save their child, and they are admitting this on national news. I would have thought they'd keep those thoughts to themselves. It makes one pause to think, would anyone tell the truth, is justice not important for the victim?

JMO

I don't have any children...but I can tell you that once I took a xerox machine from my shared office because I was angry with my business partner. I put the xerox in my garage and stayed home from work for a week and did not answer the partner's calls. At the end of the week my doorbell rang and 2 Portland detectives confronted me. It took about 20 seconds for me to admit the machine was in my garage. SO. To answer this question..if I did have children I would not be able to lie for them.

When my son was a teenager I told him that if he was ever charged with murder I would be willingly blind to his guilt and back him all the way - but not if it was his sister he killed. If he killed her, he would be Dead To Me.

When he and his wife adopted their kids, I told him that the same thing went for his kids. Kill them and you're Dead To Me.

Hopefully I am never put in that position. BUT I do not think I could lie. But I would absolutely throw myself at the mercy of the jury during the penalty phase. I would beg and plead for them to spare my child's life.

This situation with ICA and CA? I am still so upset about what happened today. She seemed to totally forget about Caylee to try and save the person who most likely killed her. I am not buying the TH's positions tonight about, Oh Poor Cindy, we have to imagine the position she is in. No we don't, or at least I don't. She basically raised her middle finger to the justice system.

One TH did make an interesting point. Did you notice she didn't cop to all the searches. That way in her mind, she can justify that she did all she could to help save ICA's life.

I am still firm in my belief the jurors have common sense and can read right through the BS.

I don't have any children...but I can tell you that once I took a xerox machine from my shared office because I was angry with my business partner. I put the xerox in my garage and stayed home from work for a week and did not answer the partner's calls. At the end of the week my doorbell rang and 2 Portland detectives confronted me. It took about 20 seconds for me to admit the machine was in my garage. SO. To answer this question..if I did have children I would not be able to lie for them.

Oh my god i love that story! I can see you hanging out with the copy machine disguised as a ride on mower...

I'm the same as you, they would knock at the door, after I was revived from my faint, i'd point to the garage...

Because no matter how you slice it, LYING under oath is not only morally wrong, it is considered a crime. I'm shocked/surprised that lawyers/people with a law background/TV hosts are admitting they would consider lying to save their child, and they are admitting this on national news. I would have thought they'd keep those thoughts to themselves. It makes one pause to think, would anyone tell the truth, is justice not important for the victim?

JMO
I agree with this.

But I don't actually care about those things when it comes to saving my son's life.

This has been a great discussion. It's obvious all of us here love our children with our whole hearts, and I pray that none of us have to ever face such a horrible choice.

My choice may not be yours, or yours mine, but I respect everyone's opinion on this. We all do the best we can for our kids.

JMO

The victim is dead. Killing the murderer doesn't change that.

When my son was a teenager I told him that if he was ever charged with murder I would be willingly blind to his guilt and back him all the way - but not if it was his sister he killed. If he killed her, he would be Dead To Me.

When he and his wife adopted their kids, I told him that the same thing went for his kids. Kill them and you're Dead To Me.

:waitasec: What would ever make you say such a thing?

That's some SCARY conversation

Being a normal mother, I love my kids dearly. I say that I would do "anything" for them. I feel that I would lay down my life for either of them. In my heart though, I know that there are limits to what I could and should do for them.

I think allowing them to take another's life, and not suffer consequences, isn't something a mother should do.

I think the wrongness is even more compounded when you lie like the Anthonys have. Not only do they not want the truth about Casey to come out, they are willing to ruin other's lives to save her.

If that were me....and the xerox machine was a 50-50 shared item. I would have chained sawed it in half and left his half in the office. :floorlaugh:

just kidding...i think:waitasec:

:waitasec: What would ever make you say such a thing?

That's some SCARY conversation

We were watching the OJ trial and were talking about OJ's mom the first time. He asked me if I'd cover for him if he was in OJ's place.

When he adopted the kids we were all still reeling from the murder of one of my daughter's friends by the friend's boyfriend - and how we couldn't understand how the victim's parents could forgive her killer. He said he remembered that I'd told him I could never forgive anyone who killed my kids and I said that goes for my grandchildren too.

He's a lawyer, and I'm a trial junkie, so we have weird conversations about cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth