Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Matters upon which examination is requested as follows:

1. Regarding San Diego Sheriff's Department death investigation number 11133835;
Rebecca's Investigation case number
2. Regarding Coronado Police Department death investigation number 2011-1479;
3. Regarding Coronado Police Department investigation 2011-1467;
Max's Investigation case number
4. Regarding County of San Diego medical examiner number 11-1517; and
Rebecca's Autopsy report number
5. Regarding County of San Diego medical examiner case number 11-1542."
Max's Autopsy report number

It appears Jonah's ex wants to drill Mrs. Luber on any and all information Mrs. Luber may have learned about the above 'investigations' via Mr. Luber via Jonah Shacknai.

Not happening. Protective order #3 on its way, imo. lol

So much for Mrs. Luber and NR being such close friends hahah !!!

RBBM - The above case numbers are shown on Rebecca's and Max's autopsy reports. Uncertain what #2 belongs with. I assume Rebecca has 2 investigation files, one for SDSO and one for Coronado.

Max Autopsy:
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/64114521

Rebecca's Autopsy:
http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/shacknai, max_report.pdf

Well, several of us were about 100% accurate in our speculation about the contents of Lisa Luber's affidavit. As several of us said, she wasn't even in the state of California when any of this happened.

And it's equally clear (using my vast powers of reasoning and critical thinking, which I've used a few times today) that Lisa Luber was definitely NOT sitting vigil in the Rady ICU with Dina.

And continuing to use my vast powers of deductive reasoning and critical thinking, I can also be absolutely certain Lisa Luber and Dina Shacknai are NOT close friends. Lol.

As I said before, I think DS is harassing Lisa Luber with a legal nusaince subpoena to irritate/ indirectly harass Jonah Shacknai. And to do a little bait fishing, lol. Things must not be going well for Dina in the discovery and depositions process for this kind of a thing to surface, IMO. A real b!t@hy thing to do, IMO. No surprises there.

Lash, Like I said previously, Dina and Lisa Luber are/were not close........in spite of the fact that they have lived next door to each other for many years. Howard Luber is very close to Jonah........perhaps Dina is trying to upset Jonah by requesting the depositions of Dr. and Mrs. Luber, although Howard was there that night.......which is why he has not fought this deposition........yet.

Quite honestly, I don't think Howard Luber has anything to worry about, with regard to his subpoena and deposition. Personally, I think anything he has to say will only be favorable to Rebecca's image and her relationship with Jonah, and what he knew about the relationship between Dina and Rebecca. This can be good for the plaintiff's case, IMO.

He sure had a lot of very nice things to say about Rebecca and her relationship with Jonah, in the media interview from a long time back. He was called at the time of Max's accident and hospitalization, probably by Jonah, and he dropped what he was doing to immediately travel to San Diego to support his friend in a time of great crisis. Rebecca was present at the time, had dinner with him and Jonah, and spent a lot of time with him during that brief trip.

I'm just not worried at all about what Howard Luber would have to say in a deposition. HL's attorney will keep the depo on topic. HL was gone from California by the time Rebecca was, IMO, murdered. He can talk about what he knew about Max's condition, what Jonah and Rebecca were saying about what Dina knew, Dina's behavior, attitude, emotional state, etc, as far as his knowledge and experience.

I think he will be a good witness who will ultimately help the plaintiff's case. JMO.

*And to re-emphasize, Howard Luber almost certainly SAW Max in the ICU with Jonah, and knew quite a lot that day about Max's condition and prognosis. HL can testify to everything he personally knew. No medical records needed for his testimony, although the records will support, or not, what he has to say. HL is a physician. He knew what the situation was, IMO. No question in my mind. Part of why he was called, IMO, was to help Jonah know if what he was being told was accurate. HL can testify to what he personally knew about Max's condition and prognosis. We will see if that is the same thing that Dina has claimed in various interviews.

Maybe what I am about to say is not true, but this latest information has the appearance that Dina has been exploiting her son's dire circumstances and death as the "grieving mother" for cover. This is in addition to exploiting her friends to speak on her behalf in forum discussions and comment sections anywhere on there internet where an article can be found about Rebecca Zahau's death.

Why, Lash, surely you aren't suggesting that completely false and misleading information was deliberately planted into the discussion here, right?!

ROFLMAO! :laughing:

Because, if you aren't suggesting that, well, then I will. :)

:saythat: Who me? :shame:

Even after proven to be false, we have posts claiming to be factual repeated over and over with no supporting facts. Why and what could be the reason for anyone to continue posting misleading information? Do you become agitated with these types of posts? Imo, the purpose is to agitate and disrupt. Almost like this is a game or a challenge. I'm certain all of us here know how some attorneys and PR firms like to work these boards. Both plaintiffs and defendants. It is not one sided. Throw out a theory and see how it flys. They want to see how we will respond to a theory. Post something enough until the Google bots pick it up. It is a very useful strategy. A strategy that worked well for Jose Baez. Just something to ponder???

Disclaimer...<mod snip>

Maybe what I am about to say is not true, but this latest information has the appearance that Dina has been exploiting her son's dire circumstances and death as the "grieving mother" for cover. This is in addition to exploiting her friends to speak on her behalf in forum discussions and comment sections anywhere on there internet where an article can be found about Rebecca Zahau's death.

Not only do I think you're completely right about that, I think it has been going on for several years. JMO.

And I think the volleys of media coverage and interviews that occur periodically are the same tactic. The publicity volleys always coincide with something moving forward in Rebecca's WDS, IMO.

I've said all along that the biggest challenge the judge will have in this case is to keep the focus on the case that is filed, Rebecca's WDS. Dina and her attorneys, IMO, want very much for this to be WDS with DS as plaintiff, and RZ as defendant. DS wants to use this legal process to continue to bash and blame RZ for Max's accident. The accusations, bashing, and "shielding" will get worse as we all get closer to the truth, IMO.

Is it just me, or are some of our regular posters not around much on this thread in the past 2-3 days?

I wonder why? Busy with other things, I guess.

I believe Lisa Luber was with Dina that Tuesday night at Rady's and her affidavidt states that she was there until late, and that Dina was not focused on Rebecca and in a "murderous state", but was soley focused on little Maxie.

I have heard that she WAS there, and that Dina and Lisa are VERY close.

However, I have heard that Lisa and Dina were and are close, and the people I heard it from are very close to and friends with both. And they have no reason to lie about it.

At any rate, IMO, the Luber's would never be on the side of the Zahaus, who have done nothing but harass Jonah and his family, including the mother of his dead boy Max, since the day of Rebecca's suicide.

Snipped for focus.

I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on Lisa Luber's affidavit, now that it is posted up thread, as well as your thoughts on the relationship between Dina Shacknai and Lisa Luber.

I'm interested to hear more about how you arrived at these conclusions, and why you say you were so certain.

Have you changed your mind?

Respectfully Snipped -
So now the Zahaus filed in Arizona court on 3/6 and have dropped Nina? Wow, they are throwing their made-up allegations anywhere and everywhere to see if it sticks. I suppose they no longer need Nina to sit on the bed to hold it down?

Wonder if they've apologized to her yet for accusing her of such henious acts?

Also, per the complaint Inparadise graciously provided :) Nina aka Nino Romano WAS NOT dropped from the suit. Nina's name appears and is spelled correctly in the complaint. It seems it was likely a typo when the data was entered into the county website. Imo, something so minuet made out to appear much bigger than it really was.

I thought I might make it easier to find Lisa Luber's affidavit. Don't want it to get buried in the thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-2&p=11602270#post11602270

Complaint filed in Maricopa County, AZ:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-2&p=11602397#post11602397

And Lash attached some thumbnails, in case the others are hard to read:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-2&p=11602756#post11602756

And a detailed explanation of what DS's attorneys want to depose Lisa Luber on:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-2&p=11602967#post11602967

Hope this helps having all of this newer information in one place!

LuckyLucy2 said:
So now the Zahaus filed in Arizona court on 3/6 and have dropped Nina? Wow, they are throwing their made-up allegations anywhere and everywhere to see if it sticks. I suppose they no longer need Nina to sit on the bed to hold it down?

Wonder if they've apologized to her yet for accusing her of such henious acts?

Respectfully Snipped -

Also, per the complaint Inparadise graciously provided :) Nina aka Nino Romano WAS NOT dropped from the suit. Nina's name appears and is spelled correctly in the complaint. It seems it was likely a typo when the data was entered into the county website. Imo, something so minuet made out to appear much bigger than it really was.

Not only that, Lash, but it was DINA who filed the AZ complaint, NOT the Zahaus. Dina was so desperate to get Mrs. Luber's testimony, Dina filed a SEPARATE complaint in AZ to get at Mrs. Luber! Wow. This is the deposition that Dina FOUGHT long and hard for and all she got was Mrs. Luber testifying she had NO knowledge of ANY of the events and that she wasn't even physically in California during the times in question. Where's this so-called "smoking gun" Dina had that would absolve her of blame in Rebecca's murder? Where are all her eyewitnesses who allegedly SAW Dina at the hospital while Rebecca was being tortured and heinously killed? Where's Dina's ALIBI?

I believe we can all safely assume that Dina was NOWHERE near the hospital so-called "sitting vigil" by her one and only son's deathbed but instead creeping about the Spreckels home torturing, humiliating and murdering Rebecca.

And if it wasn't the AZ court which misspelled Nina Romano's name due to typos, it must have been DINA herself who misspelled her own TWIN sister's name and calling her sister a "MALE" in Dina's own complaint. LOL

Does any one of you great sleuthers know if LE follows a wrongful death case and its progress? I would have to think it only makes sense to do so. Hoping.....

And The Washington Post article mentioning Websleuths speaks somewhat to that general theme. The link is at the top of the opening WS page. Pretty cool the impact this forum can have.

Does any one of you great sleuthers know if LE follows a wrongful death case and its progress? I would have to think it only makes sense to do so. Hoping.....

And The Washington Post article mentioning Websleuths speaks somewhat to that general theme. The link is at the top of the opening WS page. Pretty cool the impact this forum can have.

I can assure that SDSO is certainly following this one!!!!!!!!

Shame on DS for saying to 'friends of friends of friends....' she was sitting at vigil with her little Maxie and no way she was at Ocean Drive.

So happy I am not a friend of a friend who is a friend.

Sucks to be a 'friend' of DS.

Question: in the WDS, will Dina have to provide solid evidence such as video footage and eyewitnesses of her presence at the hospital during the time frame in question, or will she be able to use SDSO's evidence of her cell phone's location as proof she was there?

According to Nolo:
The Burden of Proof in a Wrongful Death Case
In proving each of the above elements, the Plaintiff must meet the "burden of proof."
While the laws in each state may describe the Burden of Proof differently, each state generally requires the Plaintiff to prove the elements of negligence by a &#8220;preponderance of the evidence.&#8221;
Some states instruct juries to determine whether it is &#8220;more likely than not&#8221; that the Defendant caused the deceased&#8217;s death. The Burden of Proof in a civil case is much lower than in a criminal case, where the typical standard is &#8220;beyond a reasonable doubt.&#8221;
The Burden of Proof is not a measure of the quantity of evidence that the Plaintiff presents. For example, just because the Plaintiff presents more witnesses at trial than the Defendant, that doesn't mean the Plaintiff has met the Burden of Proof. Rather, the quality and credibility of the evidence is measured. If the Plaintiff fails to meet the burden of proof on any of the elements of negligence, the Plaintiff will not recover any damages.
While many lawsuits are resolved by pre-trial settlement agreements, many cases can only be resolved by going to trial. Depending on the state where the case is being heard, a judge or a jury will decide whether the Plaintiff has met the Burden of Proof on the evidentiary issues. Most states do not require that the jury reach a unanimous verdict, but the rules governing jury deliberations do vary from state to state.
by: David Landers

Question: in the WDS, will Dina have to provide solid evidence such as video footage and eyewitnesses of her presence at the hospital during the time frame in question, or will she be able to use SDSO's evidence of her cell phone's location as proof she was there?

Good Question!

In WDS, as justicebeserved provided, the burden of proof is on the *plaintiffs*, in this case, the Zahaus.

Dina need not do anything. She doesn't have to prove her innocence. The Zahaus, OTOH, has to prove *beyond preponderance of evidence* (this only means greater than 50% in other words, *more likely than not*) that Dina had committed the actions charged in the WDS complaint.

So the Zahaus need to prove, more likely than not, Dina had the:

a) opportunity (which Zahaus should have this in the bag since Dina has NO alibi (her cellphone has alibi but she herself most certainly does NOT; Dina was NOT at the hospital as she claimed -- Dina has NO eyewitnesses AND was not on surveillance video as opposed to her ex-husband Jonah who was captured on video which itself should have been an obvious physical sign that something was wrong -- how can one man be captured on surveillance videos at the hospital while his ex-wife is NOT caught on same hospital surveillance video anytime during the same times?? -- AND MOST CRITICALLY, Dina was EYEWITNESSED "ACTING BIZARRELY" and "Carrying a HUGE BLACK BAG" at the Spreckels mansion by impartial bicycle family during time period Rebecca was MURDERED); and most evidently Dina *lied* to authorities that she was "sitting vigil" at her braindead son's deathbed (now why would she LIE about her whereabouts except to cover up where she truly was -- at Spreckels stalking, torturing & killing Rebecca); AND

b) means (Dina had sailing/rope-tying/knotting experience via her childhood navy father; AND she knew others Nina and Adam, who were ALSO present at the Spreckels and were both capable of rope abilities and Dina could easily manipulate either Nina and Adam to help with the murder because of their relationship to Max); AND

c) motive (This one's a freebie because the plaintiffs need not have to prove motive for a crime but it lends more credence to WHY a crime was committed. In this case, it is self-evident that Dina had the most motive, her one and only biological son conceived with a multibillionaire ex-husband was BRAINDEAD; she blamed Rebecca for his accident AND she hated Rebecca with a vengeance because she felt Rebecca STOLE her ex-husband multibillionaire Jonah away from her, plus other obvious factors such as jealousy and loss of prestige, status, and financial support from Jonah).

Given the 3-prongs above (opportunity, means and motive), any reasonable jury/Judge should easily come to the logical, evidence-based conclusion that Dina -- more likely than not -- had wrongfully stalked, assaulted and murdered Rebecca.

Furthermore, I hope the Zahau lawyer brings up the pics of Dina in a vest with bow tied behind her waist ENTERING the Spreckels mansion the morning Rebecca's dead body was found. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS DINA DOING THERE? Contaminating crime scene? Planting MORE evidence about false suicide e.g., with "The Housemaid" video? Making sure Rebecca was dead? Getting one last SADISTIC look at the person she murdered like those narcissistic psychopaths who just can't help themselves but ADMIRE their getting away with murder and the crime scene they lavishly/elaborately created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro