Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Imp- extremely well said. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hope everyone responsible is finally held accountable- Dina, the out of control mastermind and actual murderer- first and foremost. MOO

@ bourne: Unfortunately, I don't think Jonah's phone records for that time period any longer exist. If they were ever in evidence, they've certainly been tidily disposed of by now, along with the phone records of everyone associated with the case.

In fact, I don't think much evidence at all is available to Rebecca's family. Much of the evidence collected at the crime scene was not tested, and I'm sure has conveniently "disappeared" by now. Uncollected evidence at the scene was certainly conveniently "disappeared" by the renovation and purported sale of the mansion. Someone other than law enforcement ran the entire show. LE just acted as sock puppets, as far I'm concerned. Pathetic, despicable sock puppets. I'm far angrier at law enforcement in this case than any of the individual players. It was their DUTY and OBLIGATION to thoroughly investigate RZ's death, and they failed on an epic scale.

I think the end game, ideally, for RZ's family is to back Dina into a corner as to her whereabouts on the night Rebecca was killed, force the cooperation of her sister and/or Adam as to their role in what transpired, and expose the SDSO and all "investigators" as to what motivation and incentives they received to suddenly decide RZ's death was a suicide, and then to go to such obviously desperate lengths to "prove" it was a suicide. Obviously, Jonah factors in here somewhere, and his involvement should be exposed as well.

Based on all this, I've never believed for a second Rebecca's family was in this for the money. It's abundantly clear RZ was murdered, and it's just as clear that $$$$$ and influence were brought to bear on law enforcement officials who need to be held accountable for their unethical and criminal behavior.

BRBM: I agree with you wholeheartedly, also. I am glad you mentioned Jonah. He is the elephant in the room, IMHO. He knows everything, from all of the players' angles. IMO it was obvious that he felt/feels he had/has a lot to lose if it was/is ever concluded by LE that Rebecca Zahau was murdered by his own ex-wife. He has tried to sweep so much under the rug and the pile under that rug is huge (as big as an elephant) and obvious. $$$$$ can be the ONLY reason that pile is still under that rug.

IMHO, of course.

Hi kittychi: It seems all the key players in RZ's murder have much to hide and plenty to lose. The reason I'm so furious at LE is because as we all know from following cases here and elsewhere, the ability of people to be truly evil is limitless. Law enforcement and the courts are the tools we use to right wrongs after-the fact. When LE decides to line up behind the bad guys, we get unthinkable situations like this one.

I just hope and pray the courts can do something on behalf of Rebecca and her family.

I believe it was at the second press conference that we were told that JS was seen on video at either RMCDH or Rady. It was also at this time we learned that DS was not on video.

At this point we had to accept that JS was not at the house when RZ was killed. I imagine that if the Z family came across information during the review of the tapes that this was incorrect JS would have been included in the WDS.

That being said I don't think that there is any possible way that he doesn't know the full story of what actually happened to RZ. He sent the former DA to the property to represent his brother after receiving the text that RZ was dead. The former DA was photographed behind the crime scene tape. Whether he knew what happened that morning or whether it all came together later I couldn't

I believe it was at the second press conference that we were told that JS was seen on video at either RMCDH or Rady. It was also at this time we learned that DS was not on video.

At this point we had to accept that JS was not at the house when RZ was killed. I imagine that if the Z family came across information during the review of the tapes that this was incorrect JS would have been included in the WDS.

That being said I don't think that there is any possible way that he doesn't know the full story of what actually happened to RZ. He sent the former DA to the property to represent his brother after receiving the text that RZ was dead. The former DA was photographed behind the crime scene tape. Whether he knew what happened that morning or whether it all came together later I couldn't

I think he knows something but I don't believe he was part of the premeditation or execution of Rebecca's murder and I don't believe he knows the full story of what happened that night. Only the perpetrators know what exactly went down. He likely knows in his heart that Dina killed Rebecca, but I don't believe he knows the precise details of how or when exactly Rebecca was tortured and hung/murdered.

I'm also still on the fence about Adam's involvement. Given his goofy inept social behaviors and awkward behaviors, I can totally imagine that he got used by Dina. Perhaps she persuaded him to participate in the murder. But I can also see him as being just a stooge and having no clue what happened and waking up to unexpectedly find a hanging body, he lacking appropriate communication skills, and saying the somewhat strange things he did on 911 call and texting his brother instead of directly calling him. I'm thinking he texted Jonah because he was simultaneously on phone call to 911 operator and didn't want to accidentally hang up on 911 while making phonecall to Jonah.

However, OTOH, if Jonah did NOT return Adam's text to ascertain more info from Adam about his odd text message that Rebecca was dead, then that shows me Jonah had a hand in Rebecca's murder.

I checked and found that phone records are kept by phone companies at most something called a "rolling year"...

"Verizon: Keeps records of calls and cell towers used for a year; text message details are retained for up to one year, actual text message content between 3 to 5 days; Internet session information for up to a year, and Web sites visited for up to 90 days.
AT&T: Stores call records for between 5 to 7 years; cell tower records since July 2008; text message details for between 5 to 7 years; text message content is not retained; Internet session information and destinations for up to 72 hours.

Sprint: Hangs onto call records and cell tower records for between 18 and 24 months. Internet session and destination info for up to 60 days; text message details for up to 18 months, depending on the device; text message content not retained; Internet session info and destination info for up to 60 days.

T-Mobile: Retains call record details for 5 years; cell towers used, "officially, 4-6 months, really a year or more;" text message details 5 years; text message content, not kept; Internet session and destination info is not kept."

https://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loc...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart

IIRC, Rebecca had AT&T and Nina used Verizon. Not sure about Jonah or Dina or Adam. Hence Rebecca's AT&T phone logs should still be available as it's been less than 5-7 years. Hopefully LE or Zahau lawyers had subpoenaed all relevant phone records before the year end... I don't believe LE would destroy any phone logs they obtained, inasmuch as LE appeared inept and even conspiratory...At worse, they might purposefully have NOT requested the phone logs but as I recall, Rebecca, her ex Neil, Jonah and Dina's phone records were subpoenaed early on. Not certain about Adam or Nina...Just recall that Nina opted out of police interview and polygraph because she claimed she could not leave her (adult) son at the summer house alone.

I think he knows something but I don't believe he was part of the premeditation or execution of Rebecca's murder and I don't believe he knows the full story of what happened that night. Only the perpetrators know what exactly went down. He likely knows in his heart that Dina killed Rebecca, but I don't believe he knows the precise details of how or when exactly Rebecca was tortured and hung/murdered.

I'm also still on the fence about Adam's involvement. Given his goofy inept social behaviors and awkward behaviors, I can totally imagine that he got used by Dina. Perhaps she persuaded him to participate in the murder. But I can also see him as being just a stooge and having no clue what happened and waking up to unexpectedly find a hanging body, he lacking appropriate communication skills, and saying the somewhat strange things he did on 911 call and texting his brother instead of directly calling him. I'm thinking he texted Jonah because he was simultaneously on phone call to 911 operator and didn't want to accidentally hang up on 911 while making phonecall to Jonah.

However, OTOH, if Jonah did NOT return Adam's text to ascertain more info from Adam about his odd text message that Rebecca was dead, then that shows me Jonah had a hand in Rebecca's murder.

I agree with pretty much all of this. With the exception of Adam's involvement. I think he was pulled into it and I think it was either during or after the actual attack on Rebecca. I think he was a complete stooge for Dina. The information released on the knots pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I also don't believe that he could have slept through all this. Witnesses hearing screams, and some saying loud music... I don't believe he slept through anything. I don't care how much ambian he said he took. IMO, that was another cover. And I will never believe that he just texted his brother that his love was hung/dead. Even if he was trying to multi-task, wouldn't he have called Jonah after he was off 911? Of course, you hit the nail on the head with that.... it would be quite telling to know if Jonah actually called him back. Seriously, how would receive a text like that out of the blue and not call back immediately???

IMO, if it weren't for Jonah pulling strings, batting clean up to make this all go away , Dina/Nina would be behind bars right now.

I've always thought it odd that Jonah (as far as I can recall) didn't return to the house after learning of RZ's death. Wouldn't that be what the man of the house and significant other of the deceased would normally do? I realize he was with Max at the hospital, but (as I recall) by that time, it was established the little guy was gone. Perhaps Jonah just couldn't face the idea of another horrific death at his home and couldn't bring himself to go there. Perhaps.

But ... Adam's text message notifying his brother of Rebecca's death, coupled with Jonah staying away from the mansion but sending members of his "team" over there immediately, coupled with the fact that RZ's naked body was allowed to lie in the backyard for a dozen hours or so, is beyond curious.

I suspect Jonah was notified of RZ's death earlier than the text message, and I suspect it was in that earlier time frame that all the initial plans for the cover up were devised. I definitely suspect Rebecca's body was allowed to lay exposed in the courtyard all day for reasons having nothing to do with the caseload at the ME's office. Someone was pulling lots of strings behind the scenes, and it's beyond appalling to realize that LE went along for the ride.

^I actually believe it's reasonable that Jonah didn't return to the Spreckles for several reasons:
a) His 6-yo son Max was braindead and may die if he left hospital and he won't be available for Max if Max did ever awaken from induced coma; and
b) He watched the continuing live coverage of Rebecca's dead nude body in unnatural position in his courtyard on tv and didn't want to see the morbidness for himself.

Given the circumstances I would NOT leave my son's bedside either. Which is why it is INHUMAN and INEXPLICABLE how Dina had left Max the ENTIRE TUESDAY from 6am to WEDNESDAY morning 7am...Which mother does that to her braindead child who's hanging on by a thread w an artificial respirator for life support? Answer: Only a murderous mother like Dina who was HATEFUL and RAGING who sought out her "enemy" (Rebecca) to take revenge on. That's who.

Go to :jail: Dina. Do not pass go.

I agree with pretty much all of this. With the exception of Adam's involvement. I think he was pulled into it and I think it was either during or after the actual attack on Rebecca. I think he was a complete stooge for Dina. The information released on the knots pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I also don't believe that he could have slept through all this. Witnesses hearing screams, and some saying loud music... I don't believe he slept through anything. I don't care how much ambian he said he took. IMO, that was another cover. And I will never believe that he just texted his brother that his love was hung/dead. Even if he was trying to multi-task, wouldn't he have called Jonah after he was off 911? Of course, you hit the nail on the head with that.... it would be quite telling to know if Jonah actually called him back. Seriously, how would receive a text like that out of the blue and not call back immediately???

IMO, if it weren't for Jonah pulling strings, batting clean up to make this all go away , Dina/Nina would be behind bars right now.

I completely agree with all you've said here except about Ambien and not hearing anything. I've had friends who took Ambien and slept walk and didn't recall a single thing that happened during the night...They also heard, felt, saw, perceived nothing. So I'm on the fence about Adam's participation in the murder. Perhaps he's one of those who sleepwalks while on Ambien and participated while medicated? Wow. That would be just sick to have had Dina to take advantage of him while he was sedated and under heavy influence of drugs...But then I don't put anything past that manipulative schemer. She's one sick ...

WOW!!! Stellar posts everyone!

Also, nice reading...easy on the eyes!

Becky committed suicide.

Case remains concluded.

SDCSO is to be commended for their thorough investigation into Becky's bizarre death.

And Ms. Mary Suii Zahau Hoecker/Loehner isn't going to get rich off of her outlandish murder conspiracy lawsuit, either.

<snipped for brevity>

Bourne, it occurred to me while reading your post that perhaps Adam actually did call Jonah with details. I would not be surprised in the least if, after the initial phone call, Jonah could have asked Adam to then text him the information, knowing that is what would become part of the investigative record.

When a person dies or is killed due to the negligence or misconduct of another, including murder, the surviving members of the victim's family may sue for "wrongful death." Most wrongful death lawsuits follow in the wake of criminal trials, using similar evidence but with a lower standard of proof. Regardless, someone found liable for wrongful death may or may not be convicted of a crime associated with that death. - See more at: http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and...gful-death-overview.html#sthash.gFWdB2oR.dpuf

Pretty simple stuff and it's not over until it's over as they say. The Zahau family has every right to pursue justice for Rebecca and all the defendants need to do is prove without a shadow of a doubt where they were during the time Rebecca died. Oh, why hasn't that happened? Now that would be the burning question now wouldn't it?????

Bourne, it occurred to me while reading your post that perhaps Adam actually did call Jonah with details. I would not be surprised in the least if, after the initial phone call, Jonah could have asked Adam to then text him the information, knowing that is what would become part of the investigative record.

After I posted this, I see that BBL is on the same track. Hmmmm

^I actually believe it's reasonable that Jonah didn't return to the Spreckles for several reasons:
a) His 6-yo son Max was braindead and may die if he left hospital and he won't be available for Max if Max did ever awaken from induced coma; and
b) He watched the continuing live coverage of Rebecca's dead nude body in unnatural position in his courtyard on tv and didn't want to see the morbidness for himself.

Given the circumstances I would NOT leave my son's bedside either. Which is why it is INHUMAN and INEXPLICABLE how Dina had left Max the ENTIRE TUESDAY from 6am to WEDNESDAY morning 7am...Which mother does that to her braindead child who's hanging on by a thread w an artificial respirator for life support? Answer: Only a murderous mother like Dina who was HATEFUL and RAGING who sought out her "enemy" (Rebecca) to take revenge on. That's who.

Go to :jail: Dina. Do not pass go.

BBM: In addition, Jonah would NOT have wanted to be confronted by TV cameras, which he most surely would have been. Surely news people would have been tripping over themselves to get to him for a statement. And he had to know that the police would have had him there all day.

Yes, Jonah is a lawyer after all and perhaps those "rules" were pre-planned. IMO Jonah knows way more than he has conveyed. Our justice system has so far worked to his advantage through influence but the day of reckoning will come IMO.

Mary Suii Zahau Hoecker/Loehner has the case file, why not ask her where everyone was when Becky died, she knows.

MZL never thought there would be a trial, she was after a $ettlement.

I'm so glad Jonah didn't pay Becky's family off.

And MZL is really rhymes-with-cupid if she thinks the Romano Sisters will blink first.

Yeah, bourne, I know someone of two people who used/continues to use ambien. One of them got up at the regular time to go to work. probably 8 miles to work...maybe 3 miles in to work, he 'woke' and found himself in the freakin' cows pasture. Got himself out of there and went on his way'woke' again only to find himself at a local diner 1/2 mile from work. Supposedly this person no longer uses the drug.

Second person, well this was pretty bad. This woman's husband had surgery, stayed at hospital for two days (was supposed to be ambulatory but due to other things going on with this guy, they kept him) came home, hung out, went to bed...in the middle of the night, he woke up. Their bed was saturated with his blood. He was unable to get up, unable to wake her no matter what he did. He ended up calling 911, she never woke till they got there. She is STILL taking ambien. Anyways...

LE absolutely bungled this one...imo, they should have had blood drawn from ADAM. But hey, ya know what? Perhaps they did, never tested it because the 'order' somehow got 'lost'???

Oh wow....great work digging up the various phone providers and their keeping records of time-frames of calls and all that other stuff!!!

I recall some of us thinking it bizarre with NINA saying she texted Rebecca an hour earlier than it showed on Rebecca's phone. We also thought it extremely bizarre ADAM texting to his brother Rebecca committed suicide (why would he say that, when by all accounts, first responders described it as a violent murder (my words). Also, wth would would JS call DINA to tell her Rebecca had killed herself? Is there any proof out there he actually called her? And said that to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE
Back