Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The WDS is not at that point yet. There are more depos to come. And the Discovery has been pushed to August. Again, MZL has the case file she knows that Dina was at hospital, according to SDCSO.

How do you know there are more depositions to come? If you have insider information, can you tell us if Dina has been deposed yet?

How do you expect the lawsuit to be dismissed if it hasn't even entered the discovery phase?

How do you know there are more depositions to come? If you have insider information, can you tell us if Dina has been deposed yet?

How do you expect the lawsuit to be dismissed if it hasn't even entered the discovery phase?

BBM. Ya, no kidding. That is what I keep shaking my head at.

The Demurrers/Motions to Strike have to be ruled on before this case goes any further. That's a fact.

Thinking of Rebecca and Max. Two young lives gone too soon!
attachment.php
That's false equivalence. How could anyone compare a 30 some year old woman who died of her own free will at her own hand with the loss of an innocent, timid little boy who just graduated kindergarten and who died a horrible death through no fault of his own. SMH.

That's false equivalence. How could anyone compare a 30 some year old woman who died of her own free will at her own hand with the loss of an innocent, timid little boy who just graduated kindergarten and who died a horrible death through no fault of his own. SMH.
It is YOUR opinion that Rebecca died by 'her own free will'.

You do realize you are in a wrongful death suit thread where most every poster believes Rebecca was brutally tortured then murdered- right? You do know that this is what the WDS alleges right?

RIP Rebecca and Max- equally. I'm sorry but in my world unless you are in the latest stages of life (80's or 90's) one life is not more valuable then the other. I do however believe an accident is much less cruel and nefarious then a murder- but that's just me.

This whole direction is bizarre IMO.

Thinking of Rebecca and Max. Two young lives gone too soon!
attachment.php

So true. Me too, at least they are together. I do believe that they loved each other. My humble opinion only.

BBM - Can you provide a link Jonah did not believe Rebecca's story about how Max fell?

I certainly can.

At Rebecca Zahau‘s funeral, just days after she was found hanging, naked, with her feet and hands bound, one of her friends encountered her billionaire boyfriend and thought he was acting unusual, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

Jennifer Jasionowski, who was friends with Rebecca for years before her death, said she was mourning her friend when Jonah Shacknai approached her at the funeral and struck-up a conversation.

“When we said we didn’t think that she would have committed suicide, Jonah agreed with us and said, “Yeah, I wouldn’t think that either. I guess you never know,'” Jasionowski told RadarOnline.com.

She asked him if Rebecca had shown any signs of depression and claims he told her “no.”

Jasionowski told RadarOnline.com that Shacknai then asked her: “Do you know anyone that would want to hurt her?” She said she quickly told him: “No, I don’t know anyone that would want to hurt Rebecca.”

Jasionowski says she asked Shacknai if he knew of anyone that wanted to hurt him and he replied “no” and he told her they were unsure what had even happened with his 6-year-old son Max, who suffered a terrible accident while under Rebecca’s care, and subsequently died just days later.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...-friend-didnt-think-she-would-commit-suicide/

IIRC, about 20 pages back :wink: there was great support for a summary judgment motion and/or hearing by all the defendants? Remember Adam's pleadings on the motions, which we now know is moot. Just curious why a summary judgment seems now to be irrelevant?

Either way Judge Bacall throws the case out for lack of any evidence to prove the Zahaus' fraudulent claims - by Demurrer or Summary Judgement - is fine with me.

Either way Judge Bacall throws the case out for lack of any evidence to prove the Zahaus' fraudulent claims - by Demurrer or Summary Judgement - is fine with me.

The case hasn't even reached the discovery phase yet. There's not much information to go on for the judge to justify throwing it out.

Why is there such a push to get it thrown out before discovery?

The search warrant SHOULD have at the least read:

"only people at the residence from the evening hours on July 12, 2011 to the morning hours of July 13, 2011 were Rebecca, Adam and Nina"

But it doesn't. Nina Romano's name, imo, was left out intentionally.

Nina never entered the house or courtyard. She knocked on the door. That does not make her "in the house".

I certainly can.

Spinning a story doesn't change the facts. According to LE, no one witnessed Max's fall. Rebecca was in the bathroom when Max fell, her sister was blow drying her hair. Jonah not being sure of what happened is not the same as not believing Rebecca's story. Of course "they" were unsure, since no one witnessed the fall.

A link does not exist. Jonah has never publicly made a statement about whether or not he believed Rebecca's story.

The case hasn't even reached the discovery phase yet. There's not much information to go on for the judge to justify throwing it out.

Why is there such a push to get it thrown out before discovery?

Because the Zahaus have to have real evidence in order for the case to go to discovery. The Judge warned them of that before they wrote the eighth iteration of their complaint - that they needed more than just belief in order for the case to go further. RZ saying, "Dina is going to kill me", and a witness who falsely places Dina on the porch are not evidence that they were in the courtyard chasing RZ around like a gazelle, and then carrying her upstairs, putting HER prints and DNA all over the room, then killing her and tossing her off a balcony. That they will never have evidence for because it simply did not happen.

Nina never entered the house or courtyard. She knocked on the door. That does not make her "in the house".

Really, GMAB? Residence, property, location....keep trying, semantics won't change the fact Nina Romano was at the mansion on 7-12-2011. Sidewalk, courtyard, porch, grass....

Spinning a story doesn't change the facts. According to LE, no one witnessed Max's fall. Rebecca was in the bathroom when Max fell, her sister was blow drying her hair. Jonah not being sure of what happened is not the same as not believing Rebecca's story. Of course "they" were unsure, since no one witnessed the fall.

A link does not exist. Jonah has never publicly made a statement about whether or not he believed Rebecca's story.

We will just have to agree to disagree. IMO, that link clearly shows Jonah did not believe what RZ had told him.

Because the Zahaus have to have real evidence in order for the case to go to discovery. The Judge warned them of that before they wrote the eighth iteration of their complaint - that they needed more than just belief in order for the case to go further. RZ saying, "Dina is going to kill me", and a witness who falsely places Dina on the porch are not evidence that they were in the courtyard chasing RZ around like a gazelle, and then carrying her upstairs, putting HER prints and DNA all over the room, then killing her and tossing her off a balcony. That they will never have evidence for because it simply did not happen.

The Zahau's have provided evidence. The depositions still have not been completed, either. No point in telling you this, you'll learn as you always do - when the judge keeps the case moving forward.

Really, GMAB? Residence, property, location....keep trying, semantics won't change the fact Nina Romano was at the mansion on 7-12-2011. Sidewalk, courtyard, porch, grass....

Nina never went into the courtyard, so why say she did?

Don't forget the fact that SDSO never gave her a poly. So we really don't know where she was on the property that terrible, horrific night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan
Back