Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dina Shacknai's attorney Kim Schumann released this statement following the ruling:

"The court's ruling is not a statement as to whether or not the allegations are truthful, or proper, or even have any basis in fact.

The complaint only contains allegations, and no evidence has been presented to the court to support these allegations. These are simply unsupported assertions by the Plaintiffs who, in this beginning phase of the litigation, are able to allege almost whatever they want.

“The general public needs to be aware that the court did not determine or substantiate the accuracy of these allegations in making its ruling,” said Dina’s attorney Schumann in a statement.

“The Plaintiffs obviously wish to portray their allegations in a light that will support their claims for recovery of money.” :eek:hwow:

She says when the facts come to light, Dina and Romano will be vindicated in Zahau’s tragic death.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is a baseless and senseless lawsuit
,” said Schumann.

The attorneys say Dina’s reputation has been irreparably damaged by the allegations.

“We intend to swiftly and aggressively put an end to this matter by every legal means necessary, and will be taking appropriate steps to remedy Ms. Shacknai’s reputational damages and the harm done to the judicial process,” Schumann said.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Adam-Nina-Rameno-280137602.html#ixzz3Gzxukfcq

:cheers: :gday:

Just checked both attorneys' avvo rating. Keith Greer's rating is slightly higher. That made me feel better although it doesn't tell the whole story by any means. Whatever....

Just thought I'd include this quote:

"Nobody that's looked at this evidence has said it's anything other than murder," said Zahau family attorney Keith Greer.

Couldn't figure out how to make it red......lol

For the record, on October 2, attorneys for Rebecca's family filed a Motion for Protective Order. The Motion Hearing date is scheduled for December 5, 2014. IMO the evidence for murder speaks for itself.

A couple of definitions for Protective Order

MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
A motion for protective order refers to a party's request that the court protect it from potentially abusive action by the other party. Such a request is often made in relation to discovery, as when one party seeks discovery of the other party's trade secrets.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/motion-for-protective-order/

PROTECTIVE ORDER
In litigation, an order that prevents the disclosure of sensitive information except to certain individuals under certain conditions.

Any order issued by a court which is meant to protect a person from harm or harassment.

A protective order is commonly used to protect a party or witness from unreasonable or invasive discovery requests (for example, harassing questions in a deposition).
http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/p103.htm

Attachments

• motion for protective order.jpg
    motion for protective order.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 16
  • motion hearing date.jpg
    motion hearing date.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi LuckyLucy2 - Motion for Protective Order, can you please provide a link or the actual document? It is seemingly apparent in your post you claim to have read the document. The ROA only shows entries, motions, etc. You must purchase the document to read. For the record, without the actual document, there is nothing to support your claims. TIA

ROA - https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/CaseSearch.xhtml

2013 - case # 00075418

Serpico - DAY 2 -TRIAL
===========================
Dr. Brad Peterson -Rady Hospital - Director ICU who made inflammatory statements about the nature of Max's injuries that were
later refuted by the Autopsy Report on Max.

Dr Peterson has to answer many questions. For example:

#1- when did he first discuss Max's condition with Jonah Shacknai and Dina Shacknai?
#2- did Dr.Peterson always discuss Max's condition with BOTH parents present?
#3- Dr. Peterson's Chart notes on Max from 8:00 pm - 11:30 pm on Tuesday night [ July 12,2011]. Jonah went to dinner earlier in the
evening with the just arrived Adam and Rebecca. Jonah was back at Rady before 8:00 pm as Rebecca drove Adam back to Spreckels Mansion
when she had long conversations with sister Mary. The gist of the conversations were that Rebecca was more concerned about Jonah during
this ordeal and told Mary she was going to see Jonah early the next morning [Wed.] with a fresh set of clothes and some breakfast.
Jonah, however, left a message later that Tuesday night [11:48 pm] to supposedly tell RZ that Max's condition has worsened. Dina never mentioned anything changing with Max Tuesday night and she was supposedly there all night. Where did Jonah gets this sudden information on Max so late Tuesday night?
#4- Dr.Peterson told detectives [ SW 41290] that after 4 days of testing [ Monday thru Thursday] that Max's injuries don't add up and could have been suffocated. Did he call CPS [Child Protective Services]? If not, who did and why? Seems awfully HINKY....RZ is dead 24 hours earlier with
a "hyped" suicide opinion [ Adam] that was easily passed on by Jonah to Dina and now there is CPS showing up at Rady over Max's injuries...hmm.
===========================================================================
Dina Shacknai - August 7,2012 Transcript [HLN/CNN] on Dr.Drew Pinsky Show.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dina - I would also like to add to that. This - the idea of what happened to Max was such a shock, it wasn't until Thursday afternoon [July 14,2011] that I was even informed by a doctor at Rady Children's Hospital [Dr.Brad Peterson?] that they suspected something and CPS
was called. Later Dina said....so I never thought Max was not going to walk out of that hospital. I thought that I would maybe need a tutor and he would be able to play on his Blackhawks team and maybe he would sit out a few games.

Dr.Drew - And then you - when he died, you didn't have any expectation that was going to happen?

Dina - I didn't. I - it happened on Friday, the first. He suffered from brain death and on Friday morning approximately 6:30 in the morning,
the EEG went flat and I thought something was wrong with the machine.And it was soon clear that the doctors came in and said, you know,
that he was brain dead.

So how could Jonah know so much earlier given his supposed phone message he left RZ at 11:48 pm TUESDAY night?
=====================================================================
Serpico - DAY 3 - Forthcoming.

Hi LuckyLucy2 - Motion for Protective Order, can you please provide a link or the actual document? It is seemingly apparent in your post you claim to have read the document. The ROA only shows entries, motions, etc. You must purchase the document to read. For the record, without the actual document, there is nothing to support your claims. TIA

ROA - https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/CaseSearch.xhtml

2013 - case # 00075418

It would have to be someone obsessive enough to have actually COUNTED the number of demands as "130".

Wow, the last 30 days have been busy for this case!

I'm very happy the case is still moving forward. And even happier that depositions are imminent! I'm sure they will be rescheduled numerous times, with lots of legal maneuvering to try to make it all go away. I'm glad the Zahau family has the strength to stand up for what's right, and try to right some of the enormous wrongs they have suffered at the hands of these people, and their left handed trolls and minions, for so long.

Lol at the response by DS's attorney! DS's reputation has been damaged by a lawsuit??! That's utterly hilarious, IMO. I wonder why she's not interested in speaking to the media now? She's certainly sought out the media so many times to say utterly awful things about RZ and her family.

Attempts to reach Dina on this latest development were unsuccessful.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...preckels-Mansion-279511432.html#ixzz3H4zfhygR
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

The attorneys say Dina’s reputation has been irreparably damaged by the allegations.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Adam-Nina-Rameno-280137602.html#ixzz3H5155D3I
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

Wow, that's too bad DS is bummed out by the lawsuit and all. What an annoyance, right? I'm sure she'll find a way to recover. She's a strong woman, after all. Very determined. Goal oriented. Persistent. Tireless, even. Nope. No shrinking violet. She'll be just fine when all this is over, IMO. I'm sure she is looking forward to her own deposition, and her day in court, and the opportunity to get her side of the story out.

Gee whiz Mr. Spock, it seems that Dina's lawyer was so obsessive about showing the Zahaus are making everything up, she actullay NUMBERED all the Interrogatories, and the Zahau's lawyer was so obsessive that he actually REFERRED to that number several times.

The document is available for purchase on the link that Lash gave in post #866 should any of you care to read it and OBSESS over the number of interrogatories.

Just checked both attorneys' avvo rating. Keith Greer's rating is slightly higher. That made me feel better although it doesn't tell the whole story by any means. Whatever....

Just thought I'd include this quote:

"Nobody that's looked at this evidence has said it's anything other than murder," said Zahau family attorney Keith Greer.

Couldn't figure out how to make it red......lol

Nobody but the Medical Examiner, the SDSO, the CPO, the Department of Justice, the FBI, the Califonia Attorney General (twice), Roy Black, Niecy, me and other San Diego residents that feel just like I do...

I'm a little puzzled about the "130 interrogatories." Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (Rule 33) normally limit interrogatories to 25.

Rule 33. Interrogatories to Parties

(a) In General.

(1) Number. Unless otherwise stipulated or ordered by the court, a party may serve on any other party no more than 25 written interrogatories, including all discrete subparts. Leave to serve additional interrogatories may be granted to the extent consistent with Rule 26(b)(2).

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_33

The Rule 33 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP)contains standards for interrogatories applicable to all federal courts in the country. FRCP 33(a) limits the number of questions (taking into account discrete subparts of questions) that can be posed to another party to 25, unless otherwise stipulated to by the parties or ordered by the court. Many state’s have adopted the standards of this rule in their state rules of civil procedure. California state courts operates under the Civil Discovery Act in the California Code of Civil Procedure which permits up to 35 interrogatories per party. An extension beyond that number is also easily possible in California upon filing of a declaration of necessity.

http://civilprocedure.uslegal.com/discovery/discovery-devices/interrogatories/

So, if I had 130, I'd maybe think about bundling or grouping them into no more than the required 25, right?

Maybe AZlawyer can discuss this, if she comes by.

I'm a little puzzled about the "130 interrogatories." Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (Rule 33) normally limit interrogatories to 25.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_33

http://civilprocedure.uslegal.com/discovery/discovery-devices/interrogatories/

So, if I had 130, I'd maybe think about bundling or grouping them into no more than the required 25, right?

Maybe AZlawyer can discuss this, if she comes by.

Sounds like Dina is trying to clog and stall the discovery process with minutiae. Just another desperate attempt in vain.

Best wishes to the Zahaus and Atty. Greer! Y'all doing an excellent job! :) JUSTICE for Rebecca Zahau & her family.

So, I guess we can surmise that there isn't a solid alibi for DS- correct?

Sounds like Dina is trying to clog and stall the discovery process with minutiae. Just another desperate attempt in vain.

Best wishes to the Zahaus and Atty. Greer! Y'all doing an excellent job! :) JUSTICE for Rebecca Zahau & her family.

Funny, she just wants the DETAILS of their accusations. That's so horrible of her wanting details so she can DEFEND herself against the false claims the Zahaus charged her with, isn't it? What? Don't the Zahaus have answers, or have they not INVENTED them yet?

Well my friends, I had all of those docs all in a cart and then I realized that the information on who purchased them would probably be available to anyone who wants it. I'm not at all keen on the people involved in this case knowing a thing about me. So I didn't buy them. Perhaps the person who has stated they have read them will back that up, otherwise, well AFAIK it's rumor. I'm not MSM and I'm not willing to put my personal info out there. You can't buy them with paypal or purchase them in any anon way via the web as far as I've seen. It requires a Visa or MC.

I will hold out hope that the MSM will publish the docs, but until then, I'm sorry but I'm not putting my personal information any where near the players in this case. We have all seen what happens when someone talks about this case.

I hate to put on a tin foil hat, but in this case, I will because I have no interest in those people knowing anything about me. I'm going to send the links to the purchase of those records to some of the reporters that have been writing about the case. Maybe we'll see them then.

ALWAYS MOO

I have removed some posts that stated facts but did not have a link. If your post was one of them, and you have a link, you may pm the link to me and I will add it to the post and restore the post.

Salem

Arizona Millionaire's Ex-Wife Accused in Elaborate Murder Plot

The lawsuit is being filed on behalf of Zahau's family, and it accuses Jonah Shacknai's brother Adam Shacknai, Dina Shacknai, and her sister Nina Romero of conspiring to kill Zahau and stage it as a suicide.

This lawsuit has been ongoing for more than a year, but previously had been dismissed by a federal judge in Southern California. This most recent version of the lawsuit outlines the entire plot as alleged by Zahau's family.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...knai_rebecca_zahau_suicide_murder_lawsuit.php

(KZ notes-- a couple things are inaccurate in this article-- spelled Nina's last name "Romano" incorrectly as "Romero." Also stated RZ bound her hands behind her neck-- also inaccurate. Comments following article are interesting. One is from a former co-worker of RZ. Copy of the 9 page complaint is included in the article.)

Dina Shacknai's lawyers lambast lawsuit in Coronado hanging

A federal judge last week ruled Zahau's mother and sister can go forward with the suit, which accuses Dina Shacknai, her twin sister, Nina Romano, and her former brother-in-law, Adam Shacknai, of conspiracy to commit murder.

The suit previously had been tossed out of court. But the judge ruled the plaintiffs' most recent amended complaint now contains sufficient factual allegations to allow the civil lawsuit to move forward.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...rs-lambast-lawsuit-coronado-hanging/17803753/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme