Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he wore gloves, one fell off at some point, and he wiped those areas down?
Or he wasn't wearing gloves initially but then thought he'd better find some and went around wiping down the places he'd touched earlier.

mansion death lawsuit: Jonah shacknai takes the stand
posted: Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am pdt
updated: Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am pdt

the trial will resume after 11 a.m.: Stream live from your mobile device: http://kfmb.us/livestream

san diego (news 8) - testimony will continue in trial of a lawsuit alleging that adam shacknai, the brother of millionaire jonah shacknai, killed jonah shacknai's girlfriend, rebecca zahau, at the spreckles coronado mansion in july 2011.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37785775/...onah-shacknai-takes-the-stand?&autostart=true

airing now

Jonah has been sworn in and on the stand!

I stated he had been very busy, not only working, but completing his Undergraduate degree in American Literature and studying for and passing two of the hardest maritime tests there are.

I also said that Jonah “fixing” criminal things Adam had done in the past is rampant speculation, not based on fact in any way, shape, or form. Nothing in Adam’s past indicates he has criminal tendencies.

And you know this how? Any links? Verify as insider?

Unless you have links to substantiate he is by all appearances not accomplished in any notable fashion. Probably have a million or more who earn degrees in US every year. Lots work too.

His work certifications are suitable for any high school graduate to complete as linked.

<modsnip>

I can't believe I am actually feeling unsure over the finger print issue. I have, since this case began, believed that Rebecca was murdered, initially by other people but then I settled on Adam due to the speculation and evidence that was provided. With the defence explaining that finger prints can sometimes not be transferred, particularly after a shower.... Can anyone confirm that is true?

I am starting to feel unsure if Adam was the one, even with the completely bizarre circumstances around the case and how he has worded EVERYTHING.

I stated he had been very busy, not only working, but completing his Undergraduate degree in American Literature and studying for and passing two of the hardest maritime tests there are.

I also said that Jonah “fixing” criminal things Adam had done in the past is rampant speculation, not based on fact in any way, shape, or form. Nothing in Adam’s past indicates he has criminal tendencies.

Hmm. Wonder if he passed the nautical knots portions of those maritime tests? (Rhetorical question.) His testimony on the stand regarding the ropes and knots that bound Rebecca is simply not believable. I think juries are instructed that if they feel a witness is lying in a portion of his/her testimony, they can discount his/her entire testimony.

Very much hope Mr. Greer plans to highlight all the blatant discrepancies in AS's various versions of events in his closing argument.

Honest question because I haven't been able to keep up with all the testimony. Has the plaintiff called witnesses who work with Adam to say he consistently ties the same nautical knot that was found in Rebecca's case? Do others do this same knot that may be recreational boaters or can it only be done by someone in AS profession? TIA

I'm a recreational boater and I would never use those knots. Complete overkill (excuse the pun).

Honest question because I haven't been able to keep up with all the testimony. Has the plaintiff called witnesses who work with Adam to say he consistently ties the same nautical knot that was found in Rebecca's case? Do others do this same knot that may be recreational boaters or can it only be done by someone in AS profession? TIA

The only person I'm aware of from AS's past/present is the woman he addressed in the courtroom as his girlfriend. So the answer to your first question is no. However, in Adam's answers to Greer's questions, he feigned complete ignorance about nautical knots, in general, IIRC. Imo, he did significant damage to his credibility playing dumb like that.

As to your second question, it's reasonable to assume any sort of boater would know how to tie nautical knots. Coincidentally, there was someone on the property the night RZ died who was a tugboat captain.

At this point I would vote for murder but so far zero proof Adam is the killer.

I can't believe I am actually feeling unsure over the finger print issue. I have, since this case began, believed that Rebecca was murdered, initially by other people but then I settled on Adam due to the speculation and evidence that was provided. With the defence explaining that finger prints can sometimes not be transferred, particularly after a shower.... Can anyone confirm that is true?

I am starting to feel unsure if Adam was the one, even with the completely bizarre circumstances around the case and how he has worded EVERYTHING.

So I'm curious about this idea that fingerprints are hard to transfer after a shower. I think that makes sense. HOWEVER, AS was running around. He was trying to hoist her up while standing on a broken table and talk to 911 all at the same time. He was panting on the 911 call. He would have been producing sweat, which means he would have been producing DNA and fingerprints. After all that, I think it is near impossible that he wouldn't leave anything behind in or on the ropes. He testified he cut her down so would have had to have touched the rope/knife. He testified that he loosened the very tight ropes around her wrists... (the ones LE said were loose and proved she tied herself up). He would have left residue all over Rebecca had he performed CPR (with hands tied and laying face down when LE found her?).

Therefore I believe that the shower is a red herring.

Some people squeeze hands too tight under pressure or stress. I see a redness.

Is that Mr. Greer right now (11:57am) or the defense questioning JS?

Some people squeeze hands too tight under pressure or stress. I see a redness.

Absolutely understand that. This just doesn't go away when he releases his hands and it reminds of my daughter's Raynaud's. Just weird to me.

Absolutely understand that. This just doesn't go away when he releases his hands and it reminds of my daughter's Raynaud's. Just weird to me.

I didn&#8217;t get a chance to look at the color when he would release, cut for break right at that time.

Is that Mr. Greer right now (11:57am) or the defense questioning JS?

Quoting myself to see if someone can answer, please?

Note to self: Ixnay on the facial fillers. Lordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring