Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt they can test for it, but Greer was not aware of any such test and his expert DeMeo did not mention testing the blood...it appeared she simply did the math, no cuts = menstrual blood.

This is an actual article on the differential tests from the International Journal of Medicine. I'd be curious if just anyone can order this test or only LE.

I do agree the blood should have been tested at jump street.

BBM - Do you have a link for that statement? TIA

If the knife handle was bloody on all sides, AS was holding the knife blade during the inserting process? With gloves on? No cuts on his hands? Jeez, this case.......

Yes, apparently he was doing just that. Who knows what goes on in the minds of killers. Most of us don't know.

It would be pretty much impossible to transfer menstrual blood that way considering the evidence was on all 4 sides of the knife handle.

Is there a professional source that documented blood on "all four sides" of the knife. Or is this strictly from a court filing by Zahau family attorney? Thanks.

If the knife handle was bloody on all sides, AS was holding the knife blade during the inserting process? With gloves on? No cuts on his hands? Jeez, this case.......

Hypothetical:

SDSO: What are those bandages on your hands for?

AS: Jonah says they aren't important.

SDSO: Cool. Thanks.

I find it much more likely she was assaulted with the knife handle than that she showered and dripped "menstrual blood" in the shower, got out of the shower, remained undressed, knowingly dripped "menstrual blood" everywhere she walked as well as on the items she supposedly used to assist her in her supposed naked suicide.

I don't think she was in the midst of a heavy flow...in fact, I have yet to see blood on the carpet or floors in bedroom and balcony. Look at the steak knife in evidence pix, do you see blood? Aside from that, she wasn't thinking straight if she did, indeed, kill herself...doubt she would have been concerned about sparse drops of blood on the floor.

Is there a professional source that documented blood on "all four sides" of the knife. Or is this strictly from a court filing by Zahau family attorney? Thanks.

It's been submitted as evidence by her attorney. The public doesn't have access to that information at this time. You're probably already aware of that.

Why don't you submit the question to Tricia for the next interview she does with Keith Greer?

Hypothetical:

SDSO: What are those bandages on your hands for?

AS: Jonah says they aren't important.

SDSO: Cool. Thanks.

Maybe he told them he cut himself while shaving.

It's been submitted as evidence by her attorney. The public doesn't have access to that information at this time. You're probably already aware of that.

Why don't you submit the question to Tricia for the next interview she does with Keith Greer?

No, I was not aware he submitted this report into evidence...it's slim pickings out here when trying to find trial information. Mind hooking me up with your source for what has been placed into evidence to date?

No, I was not aware he submitted this report into evidence...it's slim pickings out here when trying to find trial information. Mind hooking me up with your source for what has been placed into evidence to date?

Check the reporting from the first day of the trial.

I'm looking at some old threads to refresh my memory, and came across this article:

Attorney: 'Bondage *advertiser censored*' found on Coronado mansion computer
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/160836... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

(The referenced attorney is Anne Bremner, who was representing the Zahaus at the time.)

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death. "It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime, and its called bond anime and it shows an Asian women bound; at least her hands are bound behind her back," said the Seattle-based attorney.

Bremner said it was not Zahau who looked at the online content and suggested the computer may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.

"Never in a million years would she have those fantasies; and never in a million years would she even look at *advertiser censored*," said Bremner told News 8. "There was somebody interested in doing her harm, with these kinds of searches."
Bremner said the computer forensic report shows no searches that indicated Zahau killed herself.

"When they searched computers and her phone, they didn't find any searches for rope, suicide, hanging – anything like that," said Bremner. "What they did find was this (*advertiser censored*), which is consistent with somebody else doing it and it's important to find out who that is."

Also:

Also on Bremner's Facebook page Friday evening was a posting that read, "…a person of interest in the case viewed *advertiser censored* on his iPhone before ‘discovering' her body.'"

And:

Bremner said Adam Shacknai claimed during a lie detector examination that he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his iPhone just before he walked out of the mansion guest house and found Zahau hanging.

Those searches Bremner describes are damning, imo: raped ... sexy Asian girls ... bondage anime. But the info on which computer(s) were accessed, when, and the bit about the "airline account" just confuse the issue.

I've always found it really odd that AS felt the need to tell the authorities he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his iPhone presumably immediately before "finding" Rebecca. Why would he offer that up?

And then there's Gore's snarky and dismissive response:

News 8 asked Sheriff Bill Gore whether *advertiser censored* was found on Zahau's computer at a news conference Wednesday, but he refused to comment on the content recovered.

"That information is now in the possession of Anne Bremner if she'd like to discuss that with you," said Gore. "We're not really putting out all the specifics of the information found on the computer."

Those specifics are contained in the forensic computer report that Sheriff Gore also said he is not inclined to release.

"We released what we thought was pertinent so the public could understand how we arrived at our conclusions. To release the whole file would not be in keeping with our own policy," said Gore.

A spokesperson with the Sheriff's department told News 8 on Saturday, "We see no need to comment."

The computer searches and AS's "confession" to the authorities are two more pieces of evidence SDSO chose not to fully investigate, imo.

Check the reporting from the first day of the trial.

I've read everything I could find on the first days, can't find where that report was submitted into evidence. I must respectfully request you provide a source that it was TIA

I'm looking at some old threads to refresh my memory, and came across this article:

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/160836... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

(The referenced attorney is Anne Bremner, who was representing the Zahaus at the time.)

Also:

And:

Those searches Bremner describes are damning, imo: raped ... sexy Asian girls ... bondage anime. But the info on which computer(s) were accessed, when, and the bit about the "airline account" just confuse the issue.

I've always found it really odd that AS felt the need to tell the authorities he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his iPhone presumably immediately before "finding" Rebecca. Why would he offer that up?

The computer searches and AS's "confession" to the authorities are two more pieces of evidence SDSO chose not to fully investigate, imo.

The *advertiser censored* on the computer has been debunked...most recently by Greer when asked about it by Cynic on Tricia's podcast.

Also:

And:

Also, a blood drop found in a shower on the property was never tested.

>>snip

There was another drop of blood found in a shower on the property. DiMeo testified that sheriff's homicide investigators collected the blood sample but did not process it.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...onado-Mansion-Mysterious-Death-475576263.html

Also, a blood drop found in a shower on the property was never tested.

>>snip

There was another drop of blood found in a shower on the property. DiMeo testified that sheriff's homicide investigators collected the blood sample but did not process it.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...onado-Mansion-Mysterious-Death-475576263.html

I also meant to re-post this a while back. It's a diagram of the second floor of the mansion. The red line shows the path from RZ's master bedroom and bath to the murder/guest room. Just as info.

spreckelsfloorplan2.jpg

In a recent Town and Country Magazine article, Jonah Shacknai also described as a satirical writer:

"...Jonah Shacknai has not spoken on the record in the years since Max and Rebecca died. A Georgetown law school alumnus, before going into business Jonah cut his teeth in politics as chief of staff for Congressman Jim Scheuer in the 1970s. Under a pseudonym he co-wrote an amusing satirical novel based on his experiences in Washington, DC, titled Confessions of a Social Climber. The book is filled with Machiavellian twists and turns, à la House of Cards. The company he founded in his thirties, Medicis Pharmaceuticals, was named after the banking family of Renaissance Florence, remembered now for their ruthless ambition...".

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

Really interesting...I didn't know that...

I also meant to re-post this a while back. It's a diagram of the second floor of the mansion. The red line shows the path from RZ's master bedroom and bath to the murder/guest room. Just as info.

View attachment 131213

I now see the master bedroom balcony that Inparadise told us about. Right there off the bedroom and master bath. No need for Rebecca to walk all the way to the back bedroom balcony. If she was looking for shame, why not right off the big balcony facing Ocean? None of this makes sense for a suicide scenario. I'm just as frustrated now as I was years ago!

I now see the master bedroom balcony that Inparadise told us about. Right there off the bedroom and master bath. No need for Rebecca to walk all the way to the back bedroom balcony. If she was looking for shame, why not right off the big balcony facing Ocean? None of this makes sense for a suicide scenario. I'm just as frustrated now as I was years ago!

Yes, it's an odd scenario. There was no need to leave the shower, wrapped in a towel to walk all the way back there unless there was some kind of disturbance or someone forced her. She would be farthest from the front of the house where someone on the street might see or hear if there was a disturbance or struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn