Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog had that same red bone. It’s made of rubber that’s not as hard as a typical KONG brand dog toy. The inside/underside is hollow (ribbed with thin pieces of rubber). It could not have been used to bludgeon anyone, IMO.

Your point that LE should have collected it still stands, though.

Yes! It DEFINITELY should have been collected & tested. When I first saw pics, I thought it was a small hand weight, combined with the description of a rounded object likely making the blow, it seemed a very likely possibility. When I heard it was a doggy bone, that did seem to diminish the likelihood that it was the actual object that was used to hit her head. No matter what, it was a complete dereliction not to process it.

I will be in court on Monday to hear AS testify and post my update here for you ( as long as I can get in!)
Glad to hear it! We will eagerly await your update!!! You're amazing. :)

... I think she was rendered unconcious by suffocation.. her dna was found inside the bag...Saliva / condensation..?...look at the location of the bag in conjunction with the tipped up chair. Her head would strike the carpeted floor ( blunt force) on the right side if she fell while taped / restricted in the chair.

This is what I'm leaning towards. How do we make sure Mr. Greer sees this idea? Just on the off chance he hasn't thought of it?

TRICIA?? Can you pass the above idea on to Mr. Greer?

Hey Lezah,
Once again, thank you very much for bringing us these glimpses from the courtroom. There’s nothing like being there.

The error was unfortunate and the expert paid the price. This sort of thing doesn’t mean much to me as it’s called being human but it may irreparably damage his credibility with some jurors.
Highly trained, brilliant people make mistakes, we all do. When people go in for knee surgery, it’s routine practice in hospitals I’m familiar with to label the knee with a marker, “This knee.” Why? Because surgery had been performed on the wrong knee often enough that it was decided to adopt the practice of labeling to eliminate the error. These are doctors making the mistake.

The error here is a simple error of transposition. What would be troubling to me would be an error in procedure – using the wrong formulas for example – something that would indicate he may not know what he’s doing.

Lezah, you’re absolutely correct that the error was doing the defense a favor insofar as it reduced the force acting on Rebecca. With the correct amount in place it gives a low-end radial pressure of 1081.3 pounds per square inch, approximately 80 PSI higher than the incorrect number.

attachment.php

Thanks, Cynic & Lezah. Cynic, I'm kind of dense on these things, but are you saying the corrected number for the pressure actually further reinforces the plaintiff's atty (Greer's) argument? TIA

Thanks, Cynic & Lezah. Cynic, I'm kind of dense on these things, but are you saying the corrected number for the pressure actually further reinforces the plaintiff's atty (Greer's) argument? TIA
Yes, I'm confused too because I understood Lezah's post to mean the correct calculation made the chances of it being suicide even more unlikely.

Sorry for any confusion - the corrected number strengthens Greer's argument.
With the incorrect value in place, the pressure at the noose is 1001.5 pounds per square inch.
The correct value raises the pressure, (and therefore the ability to produce damage,) to 1081.3 pounds per square inch.

update from mary zahau, posted on the fundraiser site about an hour ago:

day #3 of week #3 trial was all deposition videos. It was a long day. We had marsha alison, neighbor, who heard woman scream for help the night rebecca was murdered and dr peterson’s deposition that max’s condition was not declared worse until the july 14th 2011. So the theory that rebecca committed suicide on the 13th because max condition worsened per jonah’s phone call is a lie. The same phone call that the san diego sheriffs department chose not to download and analyze from rebecca’s cell phone.

^ this ^

BBM-

The doctor treating Max at Rady’s, Dr. Peterson, testified in his deposition that Max’s condition was NOT declared worse until the 14th! This is huge, IMO. It completely shuts down SDSO’s theory...along with Jonah’s alleged phone call that Max had worsened. Ugh! Dr. Peterson had a lot of crucial info.

This is another piece of new evidence for SDSO to reopen the case. A detective spoke with Dr. Peterson before the conclusion of suicide. Det. Adkins Spoke with Dr. Peterson at the hospital. Did Adkins not communicate this to the other 15 detectives and 4-6 agencies :wink:? I am certain Adkins was aware Max’s condition at Rebecca’s TOD was a crucial piece of info. It was the caveat to Jonah’s alleged voicemail. His own boss Sheriff Gore made it clear how important Jonah’s alleged VM was, it was allegedly the suicide trigger!

I would love to hear Jonah’s answer to this question...How did you know Max’s condition had worsened? Who communicated this info to you?

SW - 41290 - Det Adkins & Dr. Peterson
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41290.pdf

Plastic bag had her DNA INSIDE but not OUTSIDE?
What kind of plastic bag are we talking about? Grocery or garbage?
What kind of DNA was found inside? Saliva?
Was this put over her head at some point to inhibit breathing as well?

Not sure that those count as "ideas" but maybe Mr. Greer can do something with them.
I like this lawyer, he reminds me of my boss who's always saying "I want input from EVERYONE. You never know who will end up having an idea that pieces the whole case together."

It was a trash bag.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/rz8671.jpg

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/

The defense will probably say Rebecca's dna is in the bag because she used it to carry the rope, knives, paint and brushes. Her dna would have gotten inside the bag when she placed the items in it.

My question is how did Adam, as a guest to the home, know where all those items were located? It is a huge home and complex.

Sorry for any confusion - the corrected number strengthens Greer's argument.
With the incorrect value in place, the pressure at the noose is 1001.5 pounds per square inch.
The correct value raises the pressure, (and therefore the ability to produce damage,) to 1081.3 pounds per square inch.
Great! Thanks cynic. I hope the jury came away knowing that.

My dog had that same red bone. It’s made of rubber that’s not as hard as a typical KONG brand dog toy. The inside/underside is hollow (ribbed with thin pieces of rubber). It could not have been used to bludgeon anyone, IMO.

Your point that LE should have collected it still stands, though.

Yes! It DEFINITELY should have been collected & tested. When I first saw pics, I thought it was a small hand weight, combined with the description of a rounded object likely making the blow, it seemed a very likely possibility. When I heard it was a doggy bone, that did seem to diminish the likelihood that it was the actual object that was used to hit her head. No matter what, it was a complete dereliction not to process it.

BBM ^ Thank you both for the suggestions :wave:

I agree it may not have been used. In my very humble opinion, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANALYZED. I cannot wrap my head around how one, especially law-enforcement, can logically look at the scene and deduce the relevance of the dog bone. What in the scene told LE the bone was not relevant? Nothing. The only thing I personally can think of is confirmation bias or inside knowledge of what had occurred. Any other reason?

Happy Birthday
Rebecca!

:bdsong:

This birthday is quite different. How ironic, your family is in court on this very day, fighting for you, justice for you! Powerful! Thinking of you and your loved ones.

Update from Mary Zahau, posted on the fundraiser site about an hour ago:

Day #3 of week #3 trial was all deposition videos. It was a long day. We had Marsha Alison, neighbor, who heard woman scream for help the night Rebecca was murdered and Dr Peterson’s deposition that Max’s condition was not declared worse until the July 14th 2011. So the theory that Rebecca committed suicide on the 13th because Max condition worsened per Jonah’s phone call is a lie. The same phone call that the San Diego Sheriffs department chose not to download and analyze from Rebecca’s cell phone.

The defendant’s side also played deposition tape of Rebecca’s boyfriend from 2004/2005. He did confirm that Rebecca did not have signs of depression or any signs of suicidal behavior back then. They have witnesses next week lined to testify that Rebecca was impulsive and defame her character so they can justify her murder. My sister was not perfect and neither are we as a family. That does not mean my sister deserved to be gagged, bound, stripped naked, and strangled then display her to the world like a piece of garbage.

Above all San Diego Sheriffs department chose to look the other way and they denied her due process as a human being.

Tomorrow the defendant calls their first witness, Detective Tsuida, the lead investigator on Rebecca’s case. She came to my house and lied to my face that Rebecca had no injuries. She and the medical examiner, Lucas kept telling me “zero marks”. 6 years later, I find out that Rebecca not only had unexplained injuries to her right side of rib cage and on one of her shoulder but sexually assaulted with a knife handle.

Please pray with me that tomorrow, God will continue to take us one step closer to justice.

Well, we suspected the JS phone call to RZ's voicemail on the night of the murder was bogus; we also suspected there was a reason no proof of that call was ever looked for by the "death investigators." Looks like we were right.

Absolutely stunning that both the lead investigator and medical examiner told RZ's family there were no marks on her body.

I certainly hope the jury is getting a feel for just how corrupt the investigation into RZ's death was.

Well, we suspected the JS phone call to RZ's voicemail on the night of the murder was bogus; we also suspected there was a reason no proof of that call was ever looked for by the "death investigators." Looks like we were right.

Absolutely stunning that both the lead investigator and medical examiner told RZ's family there were no marks on her body.

I certainly hope the jury is getting a feel for just how corrupt the investigation into RZ's death was.

JS knows what was in that voice mail because he left it. So who is lying? When Mary Zahau says

So the theory that Rebecca committed suicide on the 13th because Max condition worsened per Jonah’s phone call is a lie.

Who is lying? Police? If so WHY? Or does she mean Jonah?

<snipped to address>

Who is lying? Police? If so WHY? Or does she mean Jonah?

I'm not Mary, obviously. My opinion: both JS and SDSO have and continue to *shade the truth*. Also imo, neither of those parties expected the Zahaus to refuse to give up their quest to have the truth of RZ's death revealed. From the very beginning, they've been trying to just make her death go away with the ruling of suicide. But the Zahaus refuse to go away, and now the shady tactics used to arrive at the suicide conclusion (by everyone interested in the suicide conclusion) are coming back to bite them on their corrupt backsides.

IMO, in case that wasn't clear.

Edited to add: As to your question of why, imo and as I've stated before, JS didn't want his image or his company's image tarnished. Why the SDSO played along is, to me, the more important and tremendously disturbing question.

Update from Mary Zahau, posted on the fundraiser site about an hour ago:

Thank you for posting,K_Z. That's so sad to read. Rebecca's family had been treated so badly,so dishonestly by SDSO. They deserve justice. I'm so relieved and grateful for them that the facts are being revealed, as difficult as they are to hear. It seems every day we learn something new that SDSO covered up. Shameful.

If you're reading, Mary, thanks to you and your family for all you've done to get justice for Rebecca and to honor her memory. She deserved so much more and I'm glad we're working to help you all.

I'm not Mary, obviously. My opinion: both JS and SDSO have and continue to *shade the truth*. Also imo, neither of those parties expected the Zahaus to refuse to give up their quest to have the truth of RZ's death revealed. From the very beginning, they've been trying to just make her death go away with the ruling of suicide. But the Zahaus refuse to go away, and now the shady tactics used to arrive at the suicide conclusion (by everyone interested in the suicide conclusion) are coming back to bite them on their corrupt backsides.

IMO, in case that wasn't clear.

Edited to add: As to your question of why, imo and as I've stated before, JS didn't want his image or his company's image tarnished. Why the SDSO played along is, to me, the more important and tremendously disturbing question.

For the life of me I can't figure out why JS seems to be getting a free pass in this case.

I too find it really disturbing that the SDSO pushed so hard for a suicide ruling, when it clearly was not a suicide.

The DailyMotion video below has courtroom footage of Dr. Peterson’s video deposition for anyone interested. Also has the voice deposition of the woman that heard the screams.

Neighbor`s Interview with Police Played in Wrongful Death Lawsuit of Rebecca Zahau

March 14, 2018

www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gb8ip

It was a trash bag.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/rz8671.jpg

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/

My question is how did Adam, as a guest to the home, know where all those items were located? It is a huge home and complex.

He could walk in the house, through the kitchen and see knives in a block. Pretty standard. Or, do we know which house the knives came from? The guest house maybe and he carried with. As for the rest, who knows where it came from? I think some of it could have come from the guest house. The ropes they suggest came from a spot in the garage. If Adam was in the garage, he could easily have seen it. Paint & brushes (gloves) could have been sitting out as the guest room was Rebecca's office space. Staged with what was available at the time. Opportunistic.

Or, perhaps he was "coached" on where to find some of this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221