Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, main building on Broadway. Hall of Justice. You''ll recognize it as same building in front of which journalists are doing their televised reports...has big white Roman (?) columns.
You'll go in the building doors*, swerve to the right for the public entrance where you go through a metal detector. After metal detector, go left and take elevators to 5th floor. Make a right to Dept. 69. I believe there are bathrooms on each floor. lf you get there and there are lots of people standing outside in hallway, they may just be jurors waiting for Bailiff to tell them to come into courtroom. Try opening the door to Dept. 69 and if it's unlocked, go inside and sit down (I would suggest to the left)...Bailiff will prob ask you if you're a witness (in which case you would need to stay out in hallway) and if your cell phone is on (must be off, not just on silence).

*on this floor there are a few fast food places and a newspaper place where you can buy bottled water which is allowed in courtroom

Yes, main building on Broadway. Hall of Justice. You''ll recognize it as same building in front of which journalists are doing their televised reports...has big white Roman (?) columns.
You'll go in the building doors*, swerve to the right for the public entrance where you go through a metal detector. After metal detector, go left and take elevators to 5th floor. Make a right to Dept. 69. I believe there are bathrooms on each floor. lf you get there and there are lots of people standing outside in hallway, they may just be jurors waiting for Bailiff to tell them to come into courtroom. Try opening the door to Dept. 69 and if it's unlocked, go inside and sit down (I would suggest to the left)...Bailiff will prob ask you if you're a witness (in which case you would need to stay out in hallway) and if your cell phone is on (must be off, not just on silence).

*on this floor there are a few fast food places and a newspaper place where you can buy bottled water which is allowed in courtroom

Super helpful..

Because Rebecca was hogtied and Greer proved it in court.

Shout out to Lezah for asking that question.

Here is about a 22-minute interview with Keith Greer from late last night.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag/keith-greer-short-interview-3-7-18

That's what I'm getting at. It's the only thing that makes sense.
The question for me is was she hung over the balcony while hogtied?
Or was she already in rigor when she went over?
Either way the bent legs should have ruled out a suicide ruling all by themselves.

What a fabulous interview, Tricia, with Keith Greer. I have waited 7 years for this time and we took off for the other part of the world March 1 and still gone. Thank you to everyone for diligently posting. I truly believe that finally justice for Rebecca is almost here. I will definitely visit the Go Fund Me site. And wonderful questions and analysis has been done by my fellow posters.

Perhaps someone could translate Mr. Greer’s reporting on the day of Max’s accident and his answer? About who was there at the scene? He was rather cryptic in his response.

That's what I'm getting at. It's the only thing that makes sense.
The question for me is was she hung over the balcony while hogtied?
Or was she already in rigor when she went over?
Either way the bent legs should have ruled out a suicide ruling all by themselves.

I agree. And IIRC some news stations initially reported that it appeared that she was hogtied perhaps but I don’t think the sheriff office ever addressed that aspect of the hanging. I was too focused at the time with her hidiously uncovered body then.

Does anyone know if the early investigators will be called to testify like the woman detective (I think it was Angela)?

Tricia, you are amazing! And so is Mr. Greer! What a champion he is for Rebecca, and so generous with us, with his time. Thank you both for giving Rebecca Zahau back her voice.

Rebecca, girl. We hear you loud and clear.

For Peaceful: Monday, March 12th = renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht (per Tricia's Spreaker page, above).

Everybody else: I just couldn’t wait for you all to hear this part – this excellent part -of Tricia’s latest interview with Mr. Greer, so I typed it for you:

Counter: 3:54
>>>snip

...Trisha: How did you determine – you said it was because the length of string was the exact length? So you’re saying that she was basically hogtied…

Mr. Greer: Yep…

Trisha: …when she went over the balcony. Yes?

Mr. Greer: Yes. When you see her lying on the ground, in the autopsy pictures, if the knots are tied right, at the end of the knot, there is about a 10-inch piece of rope left over. And then if you go to the hands, the hands are tied, and coming out of the hand knots, coming towards the feet, there is a piece of rope that is about 28 or so inches long. You add those two ropes together and it is the exact distance between her hands and, going up to her ankles, with her knees bent, in a hogtied position.

Tricia: Oh, wow. That’s … that’s game-changing. That’s big!

Mr. Greer: It is. It is.

<<<snip

How great is that?!!! I know!!!

Do go hear the rest of this interview.

Wow.

Tricia, you are amazing! And so is Mr. Greer! What a champion he is for Rebecca, and so generous with us, with his time. Thank you both for giving Rebecca Zahau back her voice.

For Peaceful: Monday, March 12th = renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht (per Tricia's Spreaker page, above).

Everybody else: I just couldn&#8217;t wait for you all to hear this part &#8211; this excellent part -of Tricia&#8217;s latest interview with Mr. Greer, so I typed it for you:

Counter: 3:54
>>>snip

...Trisha: How did you determine &#8211; you said it was because the length of string was the exact length? So you&#8217;re saying that she was basically hogtied&#8230;

Mr. Greer: Yep&#8230;

Trisha: &#8230;when she went over the balcony. Yes?

Mr. Greer: Yes. When you see her lying on the ground, in the autopsy pictures, if the knots are tied right, at the end of the knot, there is about a 10-inch piece of rope left over. And then if you go to the hands, the hands are tied, and coming out of the hand knots, coming towards the feet, there is a piece of rope that is about 28 or so inches long. You add those two ropes together and it is the exact distance between her hands and, going up to her ankles, with her knees bent, in a hogtied position.

Tricia: Oh, wow. That&#8217;s &#8230; that&#8217;s game-changing. That&#8217;s big!

Mr. Greer: It is. It is.

<<<snip

How great is that?!!! I know!!!

Do go hear the rest of this interview.

Wow.

oKAY that sounds completely wrong, of course I don't mean that anything about this murder is great. I am just so thankful that Rebecca's story is finally being told with facts, and with evidence, and with the respect she so deserves. It isn't happiness you hear. It's gratitude.
:candle:

This article describes the cross examination of the handwriting expert as :"laborious" and describes the judge as "frustrated".
http://www.cbs8.com/story/37663557/mansion-death-lawsuit-defense-questions-zahau-handwriting-expert

There is also a video clip on which you can hear the judge's frustration as she addresses the witness.

Defense attorney is asking if handrwriting expert looked at other letters and expert says "No". If you're hired as an expert in handwriting, why in the world would you fail to look all the entire alphabet? I don't get that he only looked at certain letters.

Update from overnight from Mary Zahau on the Zahau fundraiser site:

Day #3 of week #2 trial was very tough for me. Mr Greer was able to get the manikin made to Rebecca’s description admitted for rope tying demonstration. The manikin was covered except the arms and lower legs that were exposed. The knot tying expert testified that in his opinion it would make sense that she was hog tied. The knots, the manner, and the direction she was tied is not likely possible for Rebecca to do it herself.

It was tough to see demonstration on lifelike arms and legs being tied along with pictures taken at crime scene and autopsy. I am glad my mom did not have to see that and go through the heartbreak of visualizing what was done to her daughter.

Tomorrow Day #4 (last day for this week) we have some deposition videos to go through. The DNA expert is scheduled in the afternoon to resume her testimony from yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers and support today.

My, a couple of very invested and might I say worried people on twitter. He-he! The real evidence is making them quiver in their boots.

Keep on turning up the truth Mr Greer!

Fits like a glove.

Respectfully snipped -

Thank you, Coastal!
Brought tears to my eyes...:grouphug: Rebecca has an amazing support team.

We hear you, Rebecca! Lady Justice may she roar!

What a fabulous interview, Tricia, with Keith Greer. I have waited 7 years for this time and we took off for the other part of the world March 1 and still gone. Thank you to everyone for diligently posting. I truly believe that finally justice for Rebecca is almost here. I will definitely visit the Go Fund Me site. And wonderful questions and analysis has been done by my fellow posters.

Perhaps someone could translate Mr. Greer’s reporting on the day of Max’s accident and his answer? About who was there at the scene? He was rather cryptic in his response.

I caught that, at the 20 min mark, Mr. Greer kind of danced around it but then he said he was confident nobody else was there.

Does anybody know what he is referring to?

Coastal,
I am so glad you are able to attend the trial. I would sure have loved to. I also appreciate the insight into the effectiveness of this witness because I heard it mentioned he got the knots backwards during his testimony and I hoped that didn't impact the presentation.

I can't wait for Dr. Wecht to testify. Does anyone know when he is expected?

Regarding BBM.....listen to Tricia&#8217;s most recent podcast with Mr. Greer. Tricia asks Mr. Greer if it&#8217;s a problem that the knot expert got the position of the knot wrong. He laughs and responds, &#8216;It&#8217;s funny what gets pulled out in the media.&#8221; He then goes on to explain why the position of the knot was wrong in the courtroom because of the fact Rebecca was hogtied. The knot would have been in that position before the rope was cut to separate it. Cutting the rope changed the position of the knot.

Discussion at the very beginning of podcast.

Also, Dr. Wecht is due to testify on Monday.

I caught that, at the 20 min mark, Mr. Greer kind of danced around it but then he said he was confident nobody else was there.

Does anybody know what he is referring to?
I'd be surprised, but I wondered if she was given a polygraph? Can't think what else.

I'd be surprised, but I wondered if she was given a polygraph? Can't think what else.

Even after all this time it's not clear to me who was at the mansion when Max fell? Were Jonah's older kids there or just Rebecca, her sister and Max?

Even after all this time it's not clear to me who was at the mansion when Max fell? Were Jonah's older kids there or just Rebecca, her sister and Max?

my question also. everyones I suppose. The issue is SO much bigger if indeed others were there and Rebecca was being asked to lie. That alone would be a game changer. imo. In-my-friggin-o.

Why wouldn't Xena have said if that is what happened?

Wow. So much great information. Thank you Tricia & Keith Greer.

The validation of our theories on this case has been most gratifying. Anyone can go back in the archives here (I'll see if I can find a few links) where we had long discussions about whether Rebecca had been hog-tied or something similar. Long discussions about lividity, rigor, the lengths of the rope that trailed from her wrists and ankles.

WS members were sort of "gaslighted" for so long on this case, told "what you think you see isn't the reality". From the painted message to the minimal disturbance of dust on the balcony railing to the knots, Rebecca's wounds, the blood in the house to the lack of fingerprints and DNA, we were always told by LE and "others" that we were wrong, imagining things. A lot of people who followed this case dropped out from frustration over this.

I'm guessing a lot of you feel the same as me - a huge sense of relief that we were right about so many aspects of this case. I must say the frustration with this case affected for a long time how I viewed other cases here. I questioned my own judgment a lot of times. It says a lot about the ability of power, money and expert public relations to influence public perception.

I'm also excited to hear that Greer has access to all the phone records of everyone involved. I know he said there isn't much there to indicate anything, but I would still like to examine then. Also can't wait to learn more about Paul Pfingst, when he's ready to reveal that information.

Here's another question for the next time: Was there any significance to the dryer sheets found in the death room? Someone speculated ages ago that they could have been used to wipe down the crime scene, that they would be effective in removing fingerprints, etc.

So, yeah, big sigh of relief from me today. I feel so much better for all of us that we were right on the hog tying, etc. Sometimes obsessing about a problematic case is the right thing to do.

Thanks again, Tricia and Keith! I'm making another donation to the Go Fund Me effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina