WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
saaaame.... same same..... this baby does not trust ppl to not hurt her. her poor life was not easy :(

This little picture, the one we've seen many times, and the one in Janeumayer's and Mountain Lover's avatars, just makes my throat tighten up and my tears start... Oh, how sad, scared, and hurting she looks - and the h*ll of it is, children almost always smile when their pictures are taken, especially if they know their pic is to be taken -- they just do. But she isn't smiling here, at all. What could her days & nights have been like if she couldn't even smile for those few seconds while someone snapped her picture? It just makes me wanna holler and fly into someone's face with my fingernails.

Let justice be done.

I will be forever haunted and heartbroken over this picture. This was one of the first cases I started following on here. There are no words to express how deeply this precious angel touched my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This little picture, the one we've seen many times, and the one in Janeumayer's and Mountain Lover's avatars, just makes my throat tighten up and my tears start... Oh, how sad, scared, and hurting she looks - and the h*ll of it is, children almost always smile when their pictures are taken, especially if they know their pic is to be taken -- they just do. But she isn't smiling here, at all. What could her days & nights have been like if she couldn't even smile for those few seconds while someone snapped her picture? It just makes me wanna holler and fly into someone's face with my fingernails.

Let justice be done.

At Christmas time my friends and I get a good laugh at the pictures of their kids crying on Santa's lap. You always see children crying on Santa's lap at the mall, that's normal because Santa is a stranger.
But this picture of Aliayah is different. Her face expresses what you described. A perpetually scarred child who has been abused and mistreated one too many times. I can bear to think of all the events that lead to Aliayah having an expression like that.
Death should not be what finally brings peace to a child.

At Christmas time my friends and I get a good laugh at the pictures of their kids crying on Santa's lap. You always see children crying on Santa's lap at the mall, that's normal because Santa is a stranger.
But this picture of Aliayah is different. Her face expresses what you described. A perpetually scarred child who has been abused and mistreated one too many times. I can bear to think of all the events that lead to Aliayah having an expression like that.
Amen to your last sentence.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Exactly. That picture is heart rending.

June is fast approaching, though I bet we will be lucky to see this come to trial by the end of 2017.

Fine by me, we have waited a long time to see justice for this lil punkin. And sadly, there are many other heartbreaking cases to keep us busy in the interim. We will be there, watching when it finally goes to trial. Although, honestly, I have to wonder if she will end up taking a plea at the 11th hour in return for giving up the location of remains.

"Angry, it makes you angry," said Mandi Hall. "It just kind of resurfaces everything that you've felt all these years."

[...]

"You can kind of put yourself in their position," she continued. "About how you would want people to help you if you were the mother."

Now she sees things quite differently. Hall believes the amount of evidence she thinks exists against Lunsford should make for a speedy case. But it's just that, the amount of information, that is holding things up in court.

"I've never seen anything quite like this," said Tom Dyer, Lunsford's defense attorney. "There's a couple small mountains of evidence to go through."

http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Anger-stirs-over-delay-of-Lunsford-trial-423039104.html

"Angry, it makes you angry," said Mandi Hall. "It just kind of resurfaces everything that you've felt all these years."

[...]

"You can kind of put yourself in their position," she continued. "About how you would want people to help you if you were the mother."

Now she sees things quite differently. Hall believes the amount of evidence she thinks exists against Lunsford should make for a speedy case. But it's just that, the amount of information, that is holding things up in court.

"I've never seen anything quite like this," said Tom Dyer, Lunsford's defense attorney. "There's a couple small mountains of evidence to go through."

http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Anger-stirs-over-delay-of-Lunsford-trial-423039104.html

A continuance. Lawd, will this sweet faced muffin never see justice served to her incubator?

Lena Lunsford's attorney, Tom Dyer, filed a motion to continue the trial, and a judge granted the motion. The trial was originally set to begin in June but will now begin with jury selection on October 12.

Dyer also said he plans to ask for a change of venue for Lena Lunsford's trial.
http://www.wvalways.com/story/35462210/update-judge-grants-continuance-for-lena-lunsfords-trial

IMO, the judge has already given enuff. I'm bettin' the judge won't grant it. Grrrrrrrr.

IMO, the judge has already given enuff. I'm bettin' the judge won't grant it. Grrrrrrrr.

I really don't care where the trial is held, as long as it takes place. The wheels of justice are so darn slow, frustrating for the victim's families and for us!!!!

Change of venue - move it to the UK. Their cases move through the system very quickly without all these delay tactics. At least that's my observation from the cases I've been following over there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member