WV - Five children Murdered - Mother Takes Own Life, Greenbriar County, 8 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
- Five Murdered -

- Perpetrator/Mother Takes Own Life -
- Greenbriar County,
West Virginia -
- 8 December 2020 -

WSAZ News:
Woman kills five children before setting house on fire and turning gun on herself
GRAPHIC Note:
“I had shot all boys in the head.
I had set house on fire.
I had shot myself in the head.
I’m sorry, mental health is serious.
I hope one day someone will help others like me.
Mental health is not to joke about, or to take lightly.
When someone begs, pleads, cries out for help, please help them.
You just might save a life, or more lives.
Thank you, O.A.M."

Google™ Supplements & Updates:
6 Die in Fire - Greenbrier County, WV - Google Search

National Suicide Life Line:
Home
1-800-273-TALK (8255)​

Last edited:
There are too many questions going through my head here. Way too many.

Mainly considering Orianna Myers left three notes, and the bone of contention her husband was staying with family due to work/transport/timing. Did she murder these kids as revenge?

Of course anyone who did this is definitely mentally ill. I wonder if she had her mom nearby? The older kids biological mom? Could she have called her?

Beautiful boys. That's alot of stress when at 25 you have five kids and according to her nobody cared so she gave up caring. Once you become apathetic IMO is when you're gonna lose it.

Wondering what the jar with the crystal and cloth with a circular drawing is about? Why mention it? Could be a triskle. Could be anything, but her children have beautiful names, and hers means golden dawn. One is Japanese meaning I think to see or all seeing.

Obviously what is important is there are five little ones murdered. A woman who asked for help is dead at 25. She was right. It's not complaining when you beg for help.

Not saying it's related but interesting dynamic played out on sm after this event.

Absolutely.

Some press had the woman's first name spelled wrong. Then with children's names at least one astronomy based. You know I was looking into that crystal. I know waaay better and know about Stella Matutina. Some of the symbology. Still I was looking.

I'm not 25 caring for five kids, and am in crisis, and I was about to figure on some belief system since demons are mentioned and going to the school bus with a red line across her face which probably was blood.

Fire setting seems unnecessary once you murdered children in cold blood. JMO due to those revealed texts he had nothing to come home to.

Mother, 25, shoots dead her five children, sets fire to her home and turns the gun on herself | Daily Mail Online

According to the sheriff, the woman grew more desperate after Bumgarner left the house on December 6 after dropping off groceries for his family.

Trying not to judge.
But I wonder how much her husband knew about her mental issues ?

5 children all week-- and it sounds like the last time the husband saw her he dropped off groceries and left.
Sounds like she was at her last straw and let him know it.
I still think it was very selfish of her to take the children's lives.

I'm getting vibes of Andrea Yates here.
Wonder why the bio mom of the oldest two didn't have custody ?
Maybe she tried to get the children and couldn't ?
Imo.

Rest in peace, Shaun, Riley, Kian, Aarikyle, and Haiken ! :(

Lots of comments on news articles shared on fb and more. Many people are speaking to the character of mom, and that this is something completely out of character for her - she’d never hurt a child some say. Dad, not so much the fan favorite right now. I searched for his fb and when I found it, eventually concluded I must have the wrong one - he’s already in a relationship, and posts aren’t quite reflective of a parent that’s suffered such a tremendous loss. Yet that is his fb. Everyone’s different I guess, but idk about this one. Super sad situation. Those little boys smiling, laughing faces - makes me literally feel ill. So sad.

Lots of comments on news articles shared on fb and more. Many people are speaking to the character of mom, and that this is something completely out of character for her - she’d never hurt a child some say. Dad, not so much the fan favorite right now. I searched for his fb and when I found it, eventually concluded I must have the wrong one - he’s already in a relationship, and posts aren’t quite reflective of a parent that’s suffered such a tremendous loss. Yet that is his fb. Everyone’s different I guess, but idk about this one. Super sad situation. Those little boys smiling, laughing faces - makes me literally feel ill. So sad.
I thought the gun photo was somewhat off-putting as it was posted after the deaths.

Why does the obit only mention 4 of the 5 children?
Yes it's odd.
The two eldest were her step children.

I feel like killing children - including children that aren't your own - is always wrong. No exceptions. Doesn't matter what the gender of the person killing is, or how bad their mental health problems, or what a asshat their other parent is. And no matter how much of a bad partner he was (if he was, just saying, IMO, Moo, etc) taking it out on his kids was just wrong. And you can't even put it down to a "my kids couldn't live without me, their mother, so I have to kill them" kind of 'mercy killing' thing because two of them weren't her kids. This seems like it was more of a "this is the only way I know how to hurt you and show you that you hurt me" thing, and IMO shows that even though she clearly really was mentally ill and definitely shouldn't have been left in charge of children alone, she showed a lot of forethought.

That said the father's FB is super weird to me, openly having arguments with random strangers on there that call him out? Posting about the right to have guns after your own kids are shot dead? That's a big yikes, IMO. But, according to the rules of WS, he is 100% a victim. He's not charged with any crimes and he didn't pull any trigger.

Just arriving at this one so haven’t read linked articles beyond the first one - but her confession statement quoted in the first post seems unusual to me. Not what she is saying, but that she is talking in this way at the point of killing her children, at the point where she has lost all ability to rationalise to such an extreme extent that she murders her children. It reads to me more like something an onlooker would say in those circumstances.

Also her note to her mother “this is no one’s fault but my own”. Maybe she is saying don’t look at anybody else, or maybe somebody else is.

Handwriting analysis should help with that I guess.

Out of all this tragedy, but no matter how hard I have tried I can't find this woman's place of origins.

Her mom is listed in the obituary as well as a paternal grandpop. Still can't find anything if all names correctly spelled. Important so many times in awful, horrible cases.

Obituary for Shaun, Riley, Aarikyle & Haiken . at Morgan Funeral Home

Why is there a child missing from this Obituary?
Greenbrier County Sheriff Bruce Sloan confirmed it was of Oreanna Antionette Myers, 25, of Williamsburg. Investigators said she was the biological mother of three of the five children who also perished in the fire.

Detectives also released the ages of the children. They were 7, 6, 4, 3 and 1 years old.

That obit really bothers me. Nary a mention of the 2nd youngest child.

The youngest was 1 year old. Post partum depression was, IMO, also a likely contributing factor to this situation. 5 children - alone while hubby lived and worked elsewhere - obviously with numerous mental health outreaches by her for HELP - with a one year old.

They SHOULD have seen this coming; this was absolutely preventable. It wasn't revenge against anyone.

What did she get when she asked family and pros for help? A "Stop complaining ...", "Be strong" judging on her comments about "they are not complaining" and all her references to "sorry I wasn't strong enough". Depression, desperation, abandonment by others, overwhelming. Toss in an infant and 4 other active boys into the mix - absolutely overwhelmed.

Given the circumstances, I'm not surprised with the outcome. I don't like it, but I'm not surprised. Everyone failed this mom who was in obvious distress. And obviously, in the end, they failed those children too.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back