WV WV - Huntington, WhtMale, 19-69, UP75503, in wooded area, gun, inhaler, clothes, boots, Jul’20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Recovery: This 1st paragraph was from Case# 20-4601 (Doe# 2459) “Decedent was found by passer by in a wooded area approximately 75 yards from the 4 1/2 mile marker on I64 West. The passer by saw a skull at 1805 on 07/15/2020 and called 911. WVSP Wayne responded and pronounced the decedent on scene at 1843 on 07/15/2020. Debris was moved and a nearly complete ( missing hands and left foot ) set of skeletal remains was found clothed in a jacket and pants. A small caliber semiautomatic hand gun was found to the decedent's left side. The weapon was badly rusted and SN# and make and model could not be determined. There was what appeared to be a gunshot to the area behind the decedent's left ear with exit to the right temple area. An inhaler was found on scene but no ID was found. WVSP is investigating as a possible suicide.” The following paragraph is from new case # 20-4612 (Doe# 2460). On Thursday, July 16, 2020, Trooper Farmer went back to the site where the skeletal remains were located on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 1805hrs (06:05pm) by a passer-by. Approximately 98 feet from the previous remains, Trooper Farmer located a foot & ankle bones of a left foot still inside a dark brown hiking boot (with a gray & black sock). According to the CoME, the boot matches the one found on the skeletal remains found the previous day. The bones were found and pronounced at 1520hrs (03:20pm) by Trooper Farmer of the WVSP-Huntington Detachment.

I wonder if they could get enough information from the inhaler to get an idea of how long it might have been out there. Perhaps a brand and a lot number.

Wonder how hard they tired to identify that pistol.

jmho ymmv lrr

If there was not a nearby vehicle, you'd think this was a local who walked to the site. Are there any missing people within a 5-10 mile radius of the location??

It puzzles me why there would be both a gun and an inhaler. If someone was set on dying, why bring the inhaler? I’m sure law enforcement is looking into everything, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaKing412
Back