Mark Anthony Cook

mac1.jpgmac.jpg

Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 14, 1993
Location Last Seen: Bluefield, Mercer County, West Virginia

Description:

• Date of Birth: circa 1969
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 5" - 5' 9" (65 - 69 Inches)
  • Weight: 135 - 140 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Green
  • Nickname/Alias: Tony
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
  • Clothing & Personal Items: A black T-shirt, blue denim jacket with a black marker drawing and writing on the back, bleached jeans, black sneakers, and a white baseball cap.
  • Identifiers: Not available
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Cook went missing from Bluefield, West Virginia on January 14, 1993. He was last seen walking away from Pedro's Bar at Airport Square at 3:00 a.m., heading towards U.S. Route 52. He has never been heard from again. He was reported missing by a friend of the family.

Cook disappeared five months after his girlfriend, Brenda Lambert went missing on July 26, 1992. Authorities believe their disappearances are connected and that foul play may have been involved in both cases. They stated that one male suspect failed a polygraph, but he has not been charged due to lack of evidence.

Both Lambert's and Cook's cases remain unsolved and their whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Mercer County Sheriff’s Department: (304) 487-8364
    Reference Case #: 9300624
NamUs Case Number: MP33064
NCIC Case Number: Not available

266DMWV - Mark Anthony Cook
Mark Anthony Cook – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I have the impression that it may have been a classmate or acquaintance who envied him for the girlfriend he had... a spiteful person or maybe something with drugs but I think he is a quiet young man but you never know...
either way
rest in peace

July 29, 2022

<<About five and a half months after Brenda’s disappearance, her friend, Mark Anthony Cook, also went missing after leaving a bar in Brushfork.

“Mark lived in Bramwell,” Christy said. “He went to Pedro’s and supposedly asked someone about Brenda and got beat up and thrown out. It was 20-some degrees that night.”

The late Mercer County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy Darrell Bailey previously told the Daily Telegraph that he believed the two cases were connected and that foul play was suspected.

“I feel they are connected and always will,” Bailey said in 2006. “I feel if we close one of these, we will close both.”

Neither Brenda or Mark Cook’s bodies have been found.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back